The man The voice The guitar

hello

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
telemonster
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

hello

Post by telemonster »

hi,
i first heard chris rea through early singles on the tv and radio, i guess. i suppose i thought he was ok until i saw him on a televised gig something like 20-25 years ago..... it was one of a series of gigs from an old indoor market in glasgow, i believe. the bands were up on a sort of balcony, and the crowd was down in the bottom, if i remember rightly. anyway, that was the first time i became aware of what the guy could do. he was doing these amazing slide solos and i was completely blown away! i kept hearing the singles as the years went by, and i would always say to people 'oh, you should see/hear what he can REALLY do!' never got round to seeing him properly live, though.... i found out too late about the 'last big chris rea tour' and was gutted! bought the dvd which i absolutely love!
thanks to the internet, i heard about this last tour in november last year and made sure i bought tickets nice and early for the gig at sheffield. they've recently done the city hall up and it's my favourite venue, now. the gig was brilliant, and i thought chris and the band were all awesome! the 'shadows' stuff at the beginning threw us a bit, but it was good for what it was. the 'proper' chris rea stuff later on was just fantastic! hard to believe he's nearly 60 and has had all the health problems he's had. the man's practically indestructable. looks as fit as a flea, and plays like the devil!
better late than never, i guess, and now i can't wait 'til next time!

:D