The man The voice The guitar

New Introduction

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

New Introduction

Post by vivienne »

Hi there,

I have been checking this site out for several months now and after a few hiccups have managed to get registered thanks to Barts help.

I first heard Chris Rea back in the 80's and have an old tape of his The Best of Chris Rea New Light Through Old Windows. That was the first time I became aware of his music, but it wasn't until last year when I happened to watch Michael Parkinson on the TV when he introduced Chris Rea and he sang Josephine - the new version of Josephine played on the banjo, that I got hooked into his music. It stopped me in my tracks, as not only was the song fantastic but it took me a while to recognose Chris. After all it was some 20 years since I'd heard and seen him and we all had grown older. The next day I went out to find a CD of his music and since then have bought all his CD's and albums. I live in New Zealand, so the CD's I have either bought through shops or on Trade Me but it was getting hold of the albums Blue Guitars and The Return of the Fabulous Hofner Blue Notes that I found more difficult to get. After six months of waiting and searching I have now got these and am just blown away by the talent this man has. I have downloaded all my CD's onto my ipod, and when out working in the garden, spend the time listening to his music. I have tried to pick a favourite but it changes depending on my mood and there are so many great songs. I love the CD's from the Blue Guitars album. Each one is different and yet so good to listen to. How can he manage to write such volume. I don't know of any other musician who has written, played and sung such quantity.

Keep it up Chris, your fans are hanging out for your next piece of work. Keep well.
Vivienne
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me
Tina3
Support
Support

Re: New Introduction

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Vivienne,
Hello from Ireland and welcome to the best Chris Rea site there is
on the net.You will find a lot of fans around here who feel the same as you and Chris is one of the best musicians in the world today.We have some great laughs too so I hope you decide to stick around.
Kind regrads
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Vivienne,

Welcome to the only active forum about Chris Rea.

I have seen your name on the other Chris site, but you know there's no feedback in there.

Enjoy!

Lily
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

WElcome Vivienne !
Also check out ebay to find C.R. cd's.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Hi Vivienne,
Great to get more new members ......Look forward too you posting ..............gotta agree about Blue Guitars , it never seems to get boring
Alan
eddierose0608
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by eddierose0608 »

Hi Vivienne welcome to the site.
Gabriëlle
Support
Support

Post by Gabriëlle »

Hi Vivienne,

I'm just checking new posts now, so i havn't had the time to say welcome.

Anyway, welcome to the best Chris Rea forum in the world, i hope you enjoy it en visit often!

Gabrielle.