The man The voice The guitar

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
arnie
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by arnie »

Hi there! I'm Arnoud, from the Netherlands. I know Chris Rea's music for a long time, that is to say, the hits. They always struck me as nice background music. Until last year I again heard 'Driving Home for Christmas' and thought 'well, I must buy some music from Chris Rea'. I bought his majestic Blue Guitars and found myself wondering and wondering 'who is this man, who can make 137 such strong and beautiful songs at once and SO much BLUES? I must hear more of this man and learn about him. Now, a year further, I have the whole collection of cd's and a couple of live recordings. I never play anything else in my car, because the music of Chris Rea is enough, sometimes the music before Auberge, sometimes the bluesy music after Auberge, I love it all, except for one, the 'Shadows'-like first cd of the Hoffner Blue Notes. Now I hope to be able to see him before he entirely quits!
Chris, thanks for this wonderful music!!
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: new member

Post by Jim M »

WElcome Arnie
You've pretty much summed up most of our experiences.
Some of us "FOUND " C.R. a long time ago and some more recently.
He's turned into the soundtrack of my life -Always there !
You've disvovered the best place to find out anything you want to know !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
arnie
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by arnie »

Yes, I know where the blues comes from now. Therefore I keep his 'Country Blues' cd from the box in mind (reminds me a bit of Tom Waits) really....too much for words! I WANNA SEE HIM IN CONCERT!
Gabriëlle
Support
Support

Post by Gabriëlle »

Welcome Arnie, nice to read that Chris still gets new fans everyday!

Gabriëlle