The man The voice The guitar

new here to the forum

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
Michigan Mark

new here to the forum

Post by Michigan Mark »

Hello all! would like to introduce my self here as it seems I have found a lot of fanatic like my self! I started listening to Chris back when Road to Hell was on the charts here in the states as I thought it was Mark Knopfler playing guitar!! BOY WAS I WRONG! Ever since then I just cant get enough of Chris' music! I now have all releases except the first and the one to soon be released! Does anyone here know when I might find Chris' 1974 release??? I didnt know it even existed! For the fans here in the states that cant seem to find Chris' releases!! you can contact me via e-mail or where I get most of the things I dont have is on winmx! Ok I guess that is enough for now from me! hope to hear from the rest of ya'll soon!! :D
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: new here to the forum

Post by Bart »

Michigan Mark wrote: Hello all! would like to introduce my self here as it seems I have found a lot of fanatic like my self!
Hello Mark;

Welcome to my forum... I think you will find many 'fanatic' fans here (for example myself!)...

Michigan Mark wrote: Does anyone here know when I might find Chris' 1974 release??? I didnt know it even existed!
You meen 'So much love' ? This is a demo 7" single. It is sometimes for sale on internet (f.e. Ebay) but it is very rare... Good luck!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Re: new here to the forum

Post by Zgred »

Hi there fanatical Mark! To be Chris' fanatic is the only right way to do here!! :mrgreen:
COLB-UK
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by COLB-UK »

Hi Michigan Mark,

You may want to ask around for a MP3 copy of the track.
Bart Jongen sometimes puts the good rare tracks on his download area.

I have So Much Love on MP3 if you dont find it anywhere else!!
REAgards
To all Chris Fans
COLB-UK
"When the evening shadows fall
See them turning to the darkest violet blue".
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

COLB-UK wrote:Bart Jongen sometimes puts the good rare tracks on his download area.
... and I am going to do that really soon again ! I had to stop it some time ago, because of the rise of visitors (and though the rise of costs). Now I am offering the samples of the new CD.
Last edited by Bart on 25 May 2006, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

so much love

Post by Zgred »

COLB-UK wrote:I have So Much Love on MP3 if you dont find it anywhere else!!
Would you mind sending it for me also? It is really rare stuff, especially in my country where Chris Rea is not well recognized artist, of course if I found the record I would immediately buy it, but I suppose it wouldn't happen. When I was ordering first possible release of Chris, there was "Whatever..." '78 as #1 and "So Much Love" wasn't even present, to be honest I have been told about it here at Bart's site. Even with the "Whatever..." there were some difficulties and lot of time that I had to wait. Well, was worthy :mrgreen:

Something that Bart may be interested in - I think I could use some space of my "business" server, it is not exactly my private but the bosses have allowed me to occupy part of this disk space. Unfortunately I'm not sure about the limits, the bandwith should be quite good. I can put this file here and we'll see how does it work.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: so much love

Post by Bart »

Zgred wrote:
COLB-UK wrote:I have So Much Love on MP3 if you dont find it anywhere else!!
Would you mind sending it for me also? It is really rare stuff, especially in my country where Chris Rea is not well recognized artist, of course if I found the record I would immediately buy it, but I suppose it wouldn't happen. When I was ordering first possible release of Chris, there was "Whatever..." '78 as #1 and "So Much Love" wasn't even present, to be honest I have been told about it here at Bart's site. Even with the "Whatever..." there were some difficulties and lot of time that I had to wait. Well, was worthy :mrgreen:

Something that Bart may be interested in - I think I could use some space of my "business" server, it is not exactly my private but the bosses have allowed me to occupy part of this disk space. Unfortunately I'm not sure about the limits, the bandwith should be quite good. I can put this file here and we'll see how does it work.
That sounds interesting... :wink:

Now I want to wait, because I have the samples of Blue guitars online. But perhaps within some weeks...
COLB-UK
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by COLB-UK »

Bart,
What is the situation with us sending copies MP3 tracks to each other.
Are we breaking any copyright laws.
Presumably Chris Rea does not get any royalty from private sales on Ebay or other internet sites.

Could we start some kind of sharing facility between registered uses.

What do you think.
REAgards
To all Chris Fans
COLB-UK
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

COLB-UK wrote:Bart,
What is the situation with us sending copies MP3 tracks to each other.
Are we breaking any copyright laws.
Presumably Chris Rea does not get any royalty from private sales on Ebay or other internet sites.

Could we start some kind of sharing facility between registered uses.

What do you think.
Hello;

I am very sorry, but there is no way I can allow or host this on the site or on the forum. When the forum started, I hade an e-mail from someone of Chris' management; in which he specifically said that they would 'control' my movements, and that it was not to become a music exchange site. That's the sole reason I had to disable the Private Message function in the forum, To make sure I didn’t offer the opportunity to exchange mp3’s. I hope you can understand it, that I cannot risk the site closing down. I am planning to start again with a download every once in a while (working on it…) and I hope it covers the ‘needs’ a bit…
COLB-UK
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by COLB-UK »

Hi Bart,

Thought that might be the answer.
Dont want to have your site closed down as it is one of the best on the Web.

Keep up the good work!
REAgards
To all Chris Fans
COLB-UK
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

MP3s

Post by Zgred »

Well, I don't know why I just proposed that, that's illegal indeed. We should pay appriopriate fees to the company before we could allow public to freely download the song. Yes I didn't think of it. However sending a record from one particular person to another I think is not an illegal action, the same thing happens when I borrow someone an original CD. Or am I wrong? If so, anyone please correct that. Lawyer, e.g.

So the conclusion is not very good - since Bart/we can afford all necessary fees, there cannot be downloadable songs on this site. Only previews, AFAIK.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: MP3s

Post by Bart »

Zgred wrote:Well, I don't know why I just proposed that, that's illegal indeed. We should pay appriopriate fees to the company before we could allow public to freely download the song. Yes I didn't think of it. However sending a record from one particular person to another I think is not an illegal action, the same thing happens when I borrow someone an original CD. Or am I wrong? If so, anyone please correct that. Lawyer, e.g.

So the conclusion is not very good - since Bart/we can afford all necessary fees, there cannot be downloadable songs on this site. Only previews, AFAIK.
Hello;

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think I truly understand what you mean (my fault!). Although 'someone' (which I cannot contact since...) from his management warned me; but that hasn't stopped me from putting up a download every once in a while. Especially when it comes to "illegally recorded" live shows (audience recordings) I have no idea where the copyright (if any) lies. Be assured that in the (near ?!?) future I will offer once again full complete mp3's of rare songs !! :wink: :wink:
COLB-UK
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by COLB-UK »

Hi Everyone,

What happens when you sell something on Ebay, Chris does not receive any fees for this sale.
I can understand on the new tracks which are still available from stores however if a track is out of general release. Shorly we can exchange between ourselves even if we make a donation to Chris's favorite charity.

Bart, could you ask your contacts at Jazzeeblue if this would be acceptable.

Is this something we can do through your site?
REAgards
To all Chris Fans
COLB-UK
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

sharing mp3s

Post by Zgred »

bjongen wrote:Although 'someone' (which I cannot contact since...) from his management warned me; but that hasn't stopped me from putting up a download every once in a while.
Then you are probably breaking the law with no excuses... I don't say that's fair. Recording companies are greedy, artist may say that he wants to release "freeware" but still the company has "something" to say. Fortunately Chris is no longer limited by that. (however, to reach this point he had to agreed previously etc. etc. etc. :D)
bjongen wrote:Especially when it comes to "illegally recorded" live shows (audience recordings) I have no idea where the copyright (if any) lies.
I bet it's still illegal, well read what you have just written - "illegally recorded". When you were told that you can use your camera, then you can freely distribute it. Pay the fee (tribute, rather) and you can put the official event video on your site... :roll: is it cool or not, we can discuss about it but don't change a thing.
bjongen wrote:Be assured that in the (near ?!?) future I will offer once again full complete mp3's of rare songs !!
It has to be done in the way like the abandonware/freeware is. You need to be sure that creator (artist) allowed the stuff (song) to be copied freely. If the status is unknown, I'm afraid that you are risking your site to be shot down. One desperated lawyer and "It's all gone", sorry for using Man's words here :mrgreen:
COLB-UK wrote:What happens when you sell something on Ebay, Chris does not receive any fees for this sale.
But he has already received it when ebay (re-)seller had bought it from JB for example...
COLB-UK
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by COLB-UK »

Hi Zgred,

If Chris Rea received royalty for his music when I originally bought CD & I sell it on Ebay. You are saying this is Ok.

But If I swap it with say yourself for a CD you bought are you saying this is not Ok.
REAgards
To all Chris Fans
COLB-UK