The man The voice The guitar

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
Caper
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Caper »

Hi Everyone,

After checking out this very informative website for the past few months I'm finally getting around to registering and introducing myself. My name is Brian and I'm from Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada. I've been a fan of Chris since I first heard It's All Gone on radio while attending Dalhousie University in Halifax, NS. Just hearing that song and I was hooked on Chris' music...that song spoke to me in so many ways and for the most part seemed to sum up my own feelings about my home town at that time (age and hopefully a little wisdom :D has changed my view about my home and Cape Breton Island; aka God's Country). Later that night the radio station I listened to featured the entire On The Beach album and I was completely blown away by this man's talent, not only as a gutarist but also as a singer/songwriter. Since that first exposure to Chris' music my admiration for him has grown with each new release. Although it is difficult for me to pick a favourite I would have to say albums like On The Beach, Blue Cafe, God's Great Banana Skin, The Road To Hell and Dancing Down The Stony Road would be very near the top of my list. Ah heck just put them all there and say every album is a favourite. :-)

Speaking of new releases I am impatiently waiting for Amazon.ca to deliver the two copies of Blue Guitars that I have ordered (one for my brother who is also a big Chris Rea fan). I've checked out the samples provided here and from the bits I've heard I can only say that Chris has simply outdone himself. And having said that I cannot believe that any man who has immersed himself in this project as Chris has done will ever really retire.

Looking forward to Blue Guitars and all future reeases,
Brian (aka Caper)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Newbie

Post by Mr_Blues »

Caper wrote:Hi Everyone, After checking out this very informative website for the past few months I'm finally getting around to registering and introducing myself. Brian (aka Caper)
Hello Caper, it´s always nice to hear how Chris Rea music has got over the sea to Canada or USA :) Blue Guitars is awesome package, I just got it yesterday and I can say this after listenning 4 cd´s from those 11 :)

Welcome to group of Chris Rea maniacs :)

Mr_Blues from Finland
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
COLB-UK
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by COLB-UK »

Hi Caper,
Welcome to the BEST site on the web.
:lol:

Keep in touch, & watchout for Barts Chat room coming online very soon.
Although being in Canada you will probably have such a time difference you may not get on while most other people are on 8)
REAgards
To all Chris Fans
COLB-UK
"When the evening shadows fall
See them turning to the darkest violet blue".
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Caper wrote:Hi Everyone,

My name is Brian and I'm from Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Brian (aka Caper)
Hello Brian, welcome to my forum ! (well actually it's not mine anymore, it's currently owned my Mr_blues and COLB-UK ;) ;) ) Hope to see you again soon !!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
COLB-UK
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by COLB-UK »

bjongen wrote:well actually it's not mine anymore, it's currently owned my Mr_blues and COLB-UK

Thats right Bart,

And dont you forget it.

Only joking. Bart this is an excellent site & you have done yourself proud Iam sure everyone will agree.

Nice to know you consider us as good friends to say this.
How is chat room going?
REAgards
To all Chris Fans
COLB-UK
"When the evening shadows fall
See them turning to the darkest violet blue".
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Bart wrote: Hello Brian, welcome to my forum ! (well actually it's not mine anymore, it's currently owned my Mr_blues and COLB-UK ;) ;) ) Hope to see you again soon !!
Hah hah :D Well thanks, this is an honor :) Actually of course this is yours, we just like to hang around here :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)