The man The voice The guitar

Hi from OZ

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
Catmanfan2
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Hi from OZ

Post by Catmanfan2 »

I'm Brett and as you may work out from my username, am a bit of a KISS fan. Strange that I'm here on a CR forum? Not at all. My music tastes are wide and varied and I can appreciate a good music artist when I hear one. Chris Rea is to me, a fine and amazing artist!
I've always loved his music along with many others and let’s face it; you can't play heavy metal and hard rock all your life, lol. Well you can but I'm not 'one eyed.
I've had Auberge and Dancing with Strangers for years on vinyl and over time, replaced those with CD formats yet still retaining the LPs. I picked up 'The Road to Hell and Back' DVD about two years ago and loved it but it wasn’t until I saw a recent (replayed) episode of 'Soundtrack To My Life' on an Aussie satellite provider channel that showed the episode of Chris Rea. I immediately went hunting for the 'Blue Guitars' book/CD as well as 'The Return Of The Fabulous Hofner Blue Notes' collection. I'm glad to say that after a lot of searching (to find a not so silly priced edition) I am only a couple of weeks away from receiving them.... along with about 6 other CR cd's. In the meantime, I bought a copy of the latest 'Still So Far To Go' best of release to quench my rejuvenated appetite for Chris' works. He is truly an amazing gifted musician in every sense of the word. But, I'm sure I don't need to convince anyone here of that.
So that's my story. Now I need to try to determine which releases are original releases and which aren’t to further increase my CR collection. I'm finding that there are different versions of CD with varying track sequences and so many different places to purchase these. I'm very careful when buying CD's as I don’t want to be caught out buying a less than original title. So the hunt begins. If anyone can provide info on where in this wonderful forum I can find the info I mentioned, that would be great. So, until next time I post or hear from any of you, Thanks for having me here and I look forward to talking with you at some stage.

Kind Regards,

Brett
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Hi from OZ

Post by Jim M »

Hi Brett & welcome
You are correct anyone who obviously likes C.R. as you do is welcome here (regardless off other band likes).
I understand totaly your confusion in identifieing and locating C.R. albums.
The best info source i've found is the discography at www.chisrea.biz. You can see all of his albums & CD's available there so at least you know what's legit. I found most of my stuff on e-bay but there are many sources.
There also seems to be many illigit (mostly from Russia) CD's out there so be carefull.
WElcome and the forum will get busier as there is activity from C.R.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Hi Jim,

The links doesn't work for me :oops:
Or is it my notebook?

Ann
You're never to old to dance!
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Sorry Ann
Of course it doesn't work I typed it wrong !
Try http://www.chrisrea.biz
SORRY
Jim
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Thnx Jim!

Ann
You're never to old to dance!
Catmanfan2
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Catmanfan2 »

Jim M wrote:There also seems to be many illigit (mostly from Russia) CD's out there so be carefull.Jim
Hi Jim and thanks for the warm welcome. As quoted above, is there anything that would clearly identify these Russian CDs?

Also, how can i attach a pic to my username. It says I'm restricted. Do you have to be a member for a certain period to become unrestricted? Or... should I cross you palm with silver, lol.
"There's only one place left to go.... Auberge"
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Brett
All the Russian copies I've come across are best of's that don't appear in the discography on chrisrea.biz and quite often they ship from Russia.My understanding is that they are legal in Russia but once they leave they are not & you risk customs siezing them.I have bought several and they are of very high quality and very well made.
Sorry I can't help regarding your avatar perhaps e-mail Bart and he can help.
Bart are you out there we haven't heard from you for awhile ?
Jim
Catmanfan2
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Catmanfan2 »

Jim,

Thanks for the info. I got a bit worried after reading that as i noticed that a few releases were missing from the discography. Two of which I recently bought. The Ultimate Collection and Still So Far To Go...but then i realized the discography hasn't been updated for a while. Strange though, the list hasn't been updated since 2009 and yet, 'The Ultimate Collection' was released in 2007 and thats not there. I'm almost 100% sure from what I've read on this forum that its a legit release. At this stage, thats all I'm looking out for but i may get into various releases later. I'm finding it difficult to find some titles but i'm sure a little patience will pay off, lol.

I'll try to get the avatar thing happening and send an email. I asked as I saw 'support' under your name, lol.

I'm really glad I joined this site and already have learnt a little in a few short emails. Thanks so much Jim :)
"There's only one place left to go.... Auberge"