The man The voice The guitar

Hi from the Isle Of Wight - England

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
TheRoadToHell

Hi from the Isle Of Wight - England

Post by TheRoadToHell »

I remember my first job back when Steve Wright was the top DJ on radio 1 with his "Steve Wright in the afternoon" show, when a great little guitar part of a song caught my attention, i had just started to play the guitar seriously then and of course i wanted to play that little giutar part. When i got home I grabbed my guitar and went to sit in the garden with a glass of homemade lemonade and desperatly tryed to remember what i had heard, with the summer sun still pouring out its heat i managed to learn "On The Beach", I bought the album at the weekend when i had time to get to the record shop and I was blown away by just how good it was. There was not one song I did not like. "Giverny" is fantastic and my hair stands up when it speeds up at the end. The intro to "Little Blonde Plaits" sounds so sweet, but my favorite track from that album was "Auf Immer und Ewig".

If i had to say a fav Chris Rea album I would probably lean towards "The Road To Hell" BUT "On The Beach" holds a special place in my heart because thats where it all began.

As for a favorite Chris Rea song...hmmmm IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY...... "Auf Immer und Ewig" was played a lot by me from 1986 - 1989....BUT "Your Warm And Tender Love" from The Road To Hell has been played a lot by me from 1989 - 2011...

But to be quite honest there have been so many great tunes by Chris Rea that its hard for me to choose a favorite and i guess the one i select to put on the stereo is my favorite and that changes often, Fool (If You Think It's Over) is a little gem and it reminds me of when i was a child, "josephine" is another song that is just a pleasure to listen to. But the best thing is there is always something to listen to no matter what mood you are in. :D

Tony (TheRoadToHell)
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Hi from the Isle Of Wight - England

Post by Jim M »

WElcome Tony !
I think we can all relate !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Susan
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: Hi from the Isle Of Wight - England

Post by Susan »

Hi, Tony. I didn't discover Chris and his catalog of music until just a few years ago due to lack of airplay here in the US (thank God for the internet and YouTube)...although "Fool" was a favorite from the late 70's. I so agree with your statement about the variety of music for any mood.....a credit definitely to the remarkable range of Chris' talent. And I, too, have had that experience of my hair standing up during the final bars of "Giverny".