The man The voice The guitar

Hi from Brisbane Australia

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
ColinC

Hi from Brisbane Australia

Post by ColinC »

Hi everyone. My name is Colin and I've been listening to Chris since 1987 and have all his albums, DVDs and movies. My dream came true last year when I flew to London with a friend to see Chris perform at the Hammersmith Apollo. I'm heading over again in 2012 to the same venue to see Chris again. This time I'm bringing my family, and my 11 year old son will be coming to the concert also - he's a massive Chris fan too! So if there are any fans from Brisbane, I'd love to hear from you. Take care everyone!
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Hi from Brisbane Australia

Post by Chris »

Hi Colin,
I'd like to say I'm impressed, indeed. Tickets alone would cost a small fortune. But that's just shows to what length some of us - fans - would be willing to go, only to see Chris Rea performing - live!
We are the lucky few in Europe, I guess, because all we have to do is to buy tickets and then patiently wait for Chris to come and play for us.
Best regards to you in Australia,
Chris
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Welcome Colin !
I can relate -In 2009 my wife and myself flew to London from Canada for the Bush Hall show.
It was the 1st time I saw him live and was worth every penny.
We even got to have a great holiday and meet alot of people on this forum (which was the second highlight of the trip).Enjoy the 2012 concert !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
familychild
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by familychild »

very impressed - what a long way (and surely a lot of money) you will go just to see and to hear chris rea live - thats a "fan" i think :-) best wishes
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

Hi Colin
Great to hear you are going to the 2012 concert, I'm very envious. I'm from Auckland, New Zealand and flew to Dublin to see Chris in 2010 thanks to my friend and fellow admirer Tina making this possible. I haven't booked to come over in 2012 but as the days tick by I am getting more and more tempted to make the trek again. It's such a long way to go but was so worth it last time. I will never forget the experience of seeing him life and spending time in Dublin with Tina.
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me