The man The voice The guitar

I love Chris

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
joshlyn

I love Chris

Post by joshlyn »

Hello im 35 from Ohio !! I simply love chris his music takes me away its so deep i get lost in his vocal stylings!! He is an awesome guitar player and i often listen to him for hours! Since Im in the USA i dont have the pleasure of just going to a music store and buying chris i have to order him!! I have 4 albums of him king of the beach , auberge, best of chris rea, expresso logic!!! I hope to make friends on here with other fans!! This site is awesome im glad i joined!!!!! Hope to hear from others soon!!!!!!
DJAM BOUROS

Post by DJAM BOUROS »

I agree with you johslyn from Ohio, I love chris rea he s so fantastic singer and such powerful voice.
DJAM BOUROS FROM FRANCE
pam
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by pam »

More new members - hi there! If anyone would like to suggest a date/time suitable for all, perhaps we could be on-line at the same time to chat for real!!

:wink:

Pam
Could it be just that I'm crazy
Could it be the way I feel
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

DJAM BOUROS wrote:I agree with you johslyn from Ohio, I love chris rea he s so fantastic singer and such powerful voice.
DJAM BOUROS FROM FRANCE
Hello Djam; welcome to my forum ...!!!

pam wrote:More new members - hi there! If anyone would like to suggest a date/time suitable for all, perhaps we could be on-line at the same time to chat for real!!

Pam
Pam;

I have been thinking about implementing a chat utility to the site / forum for a long time; but that is much work, and I don't know if there are people who want to use this ... If I should do this, we could meet once or twice a month on a given time all on this forum (but since there are fans from around the world here, that would be a problem...) or log in every day and see who's online ... Please give me your opinion about this idea... :?:

But then again; I have SOOOOO MANY idea's for the site, but SOOOO little time to work on it ... :(

REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Re: I love Chris

Post by Zgred »

Hi Joshlyn

We all love him so you are no longer alone ;)

If you know 4 albums of over 25, and you say stuff above, let us hear from you when you discover all of them :D

Quick tip, If I may... the 4 albums you mentioned, do not show all of Chris' capabilities... expect a lot more cool music :)

...all right, all right! I was totally obsessed after just one album :mrgreen:
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: I love Chris

Post by Mr_Blues »

joshlyn wrote:Hello im 35 from Ohio !! I simply love chris his music takes me away its so deep i get lost in his vocal stylings!! He is an awesome guitar player and i often listen to him for hours! Since Im in the USA i dont have the pleasure of just going to a music store and buying chris i have to order him!! I have 4 albums of him king of the beach , auberge, best of chris rea, expresso logic!!! I hope to make friends on here with other fans!! This site is awesome im glad i joined!!!!! Hope to hear from others soon!!!!!!
Hello Joshlyn

You should order Chris Rea albums via internet, places like http://www.amazon.com etc. Hope you get more albums than those 4, because although those cd´s are great those ain´t the only great ones. For example The Road To Hell (1989), Stony Road (2002) and On The Beach (1986) are albums which you should have.

Nice to have you around here, and other new fans also :)

Mr_Blues from Finland
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
prizmman

Post by prizmman »

Just another fan in the states (Chicago, Illinois specifically) whom is a big fan. I, on the other hand, have most of his CDs/albums. You'll always have your favorites, however you never will be disappointed. They tried to give Chris a chance at a comeback here in the states in the late 80's. This is when I became a fan. Can't wait for the multi-CD set Blue Guitars. A Chris Rea fan's dream!!!!

Kind regards,
Seabird
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Seabird »

I don’t know if this is the right place (if not, webmaster please move it to the right place) but I want to say hello to all the members I haven’t met yet... HELLO !!
pam wrote:More new members - hi there! If anyone would like to suggest a date/time suitable for all, perhaps we could be on-line at the same time to chat for real!!

Pam
Hello;

Well Pam, that sounds like a great idea !! But on the other hand, we can also “chat” with some delay in the forum topics
:wink: :wink:

Grz, ED
Gabriëlle
Support
Support

Post by Gabriëlle »

I haven't been here for awhile...So WELCOME too all new forum-members!

Love, Gabrielle
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Hi, I have posted elsewhere but not on the introduce yourself page yet. I am Richard and live in Willerby, Nr Hull in the UK. I discovered Chris Rea about 1986/7 when I bought the Wired to the Moon Album. This is still a favourite of mine with every song being a strong title in my opinion.
I have managed to see Chris Rea live in the two aspects of his life that he loves. I saw him in concert in Birmingham but also saw him, and managed an autograph on the programme , at the Classic Grand Prix at Silverstone where Chris was racing.

Perhaps we could start topic threads under each album title so we can all discuss each album, talk about which tracks are our favourites and which songs we didn't think were so good.

Hello to you all, Richard.
could this be true, could this be me..
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

forums

Post by Zgred »

ace of hearts wrote:Perhaps we could start topic threads under each album title so we can all discuss each album, talk about which tracks are our favourites and which songs we didn't think were so good.
You're right, we have a lot of sub-forums that sometimes interfere with themselves, whilst there are no specified topics/forums for all the albums (however Blue Guitars has).