The man The voice The guitar

Living in Chris' Country

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
Speedee (For now)

Living in Chris' Country

Post by Speedee (For now) »

Good day, fellow Rea-ites! I think I've finally figured out how to get on Bart's fantastic web site. It took awhile but here I am. I'm a 41 year-old bartender who used to model, and I love everything about Chris Rea. Along with Leonard Cohen, he's the greatest living singer/songwriter we are blessed to have.
I'll bet when everyone sees that I'm from Canada, you probably think that I live in an igloo, drinking beer and watching hockey! You'd be very wrong. I live in a valley in Beautiful B.C. where I'm surrounded by BEACHES, BLUE LAKES, SUNSHINE, and tourists who drive around in their FERRARIS! Some are already ON THE BEACH, others are SANDWRITING, others have GONE FISHING, but the place here is just the ideal place for listening to Chris Rea. It was 31 degrees out today and everyone is already in shorts as they'll be ALL SUMMER LONG.
I'd love to hear from anyone, anywhere to chat more about CHris. There's NOTHING TO FEAR so e-mail me soon! Seth at sethunlimited@telus.net.

Talk to you soon!
deltics

Post by deltics »

Hi Speedee,

I have been a Rea fan since 1978, when I first saw him as support act for Lindisfarne at Newcastle city hall (England) and have seen him at least once on each of his following tours.

Back in 1994 I went over to your fantastic country to see him play in Toronto. I know that BC is almost as far from Toronto as the Uk is, but at least its the same continent. It actualy cost me less to travel to Toronto and sleep on a friends floor than it was going to cost me to travel to Paris (he was not performing in the UK this year).

"Rea" gards

Deltics
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Re: Living in Chris' Country

Post by Zgred »

Speedee (For now) wrote:Some are already ON THE BEACH, others are SANDWRITING, others have GONE FISHING, but the place here is just the ideal place for listening to Chris Rea. It was 31 degrees out today and everyone is already in shorts as they'll be ALL SUMMER LONG.
I'd love to hear from anyone, anywhere to chat more about CHris. There's NOTHING TO FEAR so e-mail me soon!
That's the coolest message I saw here :mrgreen: