The man The voice The guitar

Rediscovering Chris

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
Priyan

Rediscovering Chris

Post by Priyan »

Hello everybody,
I'm 27 and from India and working for a German company called SAP. When i was doing my graduation, I accidentally bumped into Chris Rea's music and being someone who plays guitar and loves a well-written song, I could instantly connect to his songs. I love the visuals he paints in the songs and the music just seems to fill up the whole picture. I'm also a big fan of Mark Knopfler and I do find a fair amount of happy similarities in their music. But I believe good music is something that makes you feel good, so that is something which his music does to me. For the last 4 years I kind of got cut off from his music as I got involved in life's own bitter sweet experiences but recently I've again got back to his music, and this time around its again making me feel elated just like it did 4 years ago. Its great to be back! Just came across this website and so thought I should write a few lines. Thanks for reading, hope to fill in some other time!

Good times to all!!

Priyan.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Rediscovering Chris

Post by Bart »

Priyan wrote:Hello everybody,
I'm 27 and from India and working for a German company called SAP.
Just came across this website and so thought I should write a few lines. Thanks for reading, hope to fill in some other time!

Good times to all!!

Priyan.
Hello Priyan;

Welcome to my forum !! I hope to read more from you in the (near) future... Perhaps you would like to give your opinion on the new album here: (http://www.chrisrea.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72)

REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Welcome

Post by leila.wilson »

Hello Priyan
Good to meet you, and thankyou for sharing your thoughts about Chris and his music. Yes, it certainly is very special, and once heard with the heart, is unforgettable. I hoe we hear more from you.

REAgards

Leila :D
Priyangshu

Unable to log in

Post by Priyangshu »

Hi Bart and Leila,
Thanks for your messages! After posting my message the other day I registered myself on the site as Priyan but today I'm not able to log in using it. Maybe there's some problem with it.

Nonetheless, about the music, I reckon that you've been faithful fans (like most people visiting this site) and never got cut off from Chris's music- but if you try to imagine yourself as liking something very much, and getting away from it unknowingly, and then after a few years coming back to it again- its a very special feeling that you can't express in words. Back in '98-99 when I was doing my engineering studies and going thru a lot of pain in my personal life, Chris's music (and also a few songs by Gary Moore, from his Ballads and Blues album) really seemed to understood what I was going through and it provided me some very comforting moments. I especially have to mention Candles and Fool if you think its over - beautiful songs!

Recently I bought an iPod and last week I managed to upload my fav CR songs to it. So now i can listen to the songs on the move. Unfortunately you don't get his new albums out here in India, its very rare. You might just come across a CR Greatest hits album in a couple of stores - if you are lucky enough. So I have no way of sampling the new music he's creating. Unless I get it from outside India - speaking of which, reminds me that I'd really want to visit the UK and see what's about it that makes it produce so many great musicians :) Will make it there someday soon!
Priyangshu

unable to login

Post by Priyangshu »

Hello Bart,
For some reason I can't seem to log in. When I tried to send myself the password by clicking 'Forgot password', it gives error "Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."

Can you please help me to login?

Thanks!! :-)
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

inability to log in

Post by leila.wilson »

Hello Priangshu,
Just in case you don,t catch Bart if he is working, can I suggest it might be quicker for you to e-mail him directly to get some help with your logging in problem. I hope you soon get it sorted out.

Best of luck,

Leila :D
Priyangshu

Unable to login

Post by Priyangshu »

Thanks for the info Leila! I will email Bart directly to help me out on this.
Since my login name is disabled, i'm having to use my full name 'Priyangshu' to post messages - I generally use the first half of my name to make it simpler for everybody :)

I will write more later. I see that there are different forums within this site where I can write about different topics, so I'd like to share my views on them sometime.

Priyan.
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Inability to log in

Post by leila.wilson »

Gad you got my message Priyan, and hope you soon contact Bart. It will be great if you feel you can share some thoughts in any of the other topic areas, and I look forward to that!!! I noticed you mentioned "Candles" and "Fool" as two of Chris,s songs that you like in particular. If you want to talk more on that subject, why not go to the appropriate topic area, and I would be pleased to chat with you on favourite songs and why etc.

Also if you ever want to talk more fully, please feel free to mail me at any time. Have you any desktop pictures of Chris ? I have some nice ones I would be happy to share with you with the words of his songs also on the pictures.

Leila. :)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Unable to login

Post by Bart »

Priyangshu wrote:Thanks for the info Leila! I will email Bart directly to help me out on this.
Since my login name is disabled, i'm having to use my full name 'Priyangshu' to post messages - I generally use the first half of my name to make it simpler for everybody :)
Hello Priyan;

sorry havent been online some time, so I read now about you problems ...
First try in solcing your problem.... after you've registred, you should have gotten a automated e-mail; telling you you should verify your acount. (you must click a link, provided in that mail). Did you receive that mail, and did you click that link ??

let me know; if that's not the problem, we'll look further ...

Post by Guest »

Hello Bart.
Actually I didn't ever receive a confirmation email from the site, and that's why I couldn't activate my login. Could you please look into this and help in sending the email so that I can activate the account?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day :)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Anonymous wrote:Hello Bart.
Actually I didn't ever receive a confirmation email from the site, and that's why I couldn't activate my login. Could you please look into this and help in sending the email so that I can activate the account?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day :)
Hello;

Please mail me with your desired password (of course not here in the forum) at: webmaster@chrisrea.nl then I'll try to make it work. Of course you can change your password after that yourself ! If it still doesnt work; I'll delete your account and then you can creat a new one (with the same username!). Please mail me !!

Bart
priyan
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Thanks Bart!

Post by priyan »

Thanks Bart!
After all that effort I can finally login now!! Hope to drop in a line on the forum over the weekend.