The man The voice The guitar

Should the Queen knight Chris Rea?

Let me know ...
jwanzong
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Should the Queen knight Chris Rea?

Post by jwanzong »

I have been thinking about it and if Elton John can be knighted by the queen as SIR Elton then couldn't she also Knight Chris? I think we need a petition going to get her to do so! Chris has contributed much mroe than Elton since he didn;t sell out as a "POP STAR". What do you think? SIR CHRIS REA! I like it! :lol:
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Should the Queen knight Chris Rea?

Post by Mr_Blues »

jwanzong wrote:I have been thinking about it and if Elton John can be knighted by the queen as SIR Elton then couldn't she also Knight Chris? I think we need a petition going to get her to do so! Chris has contributed much mroe than Elton since he didn;t sell out as a "POP STAR". What do you think? SIR CHRIS REA! I like it! :lol:
Yeah, sounds great, but there´s one problem. It´s the same thing with Elton John and Mick Jagger (wasn´t he too a Sir??) they both are well known every where in the world. Sure Chris is famous too, but not that famous. So I think that whenever they do this Sir transforming from a rock / pop star, he should be famous in everywhere. So correct me if I´m wrong (if there´s someone reading from the Royal family??) :D

That was just a reality check, if I could decide Chris would be Sir :D
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

sir?

Post by Zgred »

Whatever. For me, he is already the highest Sir possible. Howgh :mrgreen:

If you turn him into a famous star, he would be no longer the elite that few know of ;)
jwanzong
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Chris being KNIGHTED

Post by jwanzong »

Food for thought.....The whole point of Chris being knighted would be to acknowledge his talent and contribution to the world of quality art as opposed to being knighted based on his popularity rating. THe monarych should respect the idea of quality and not quantity (liek Prince Charles choisng a quality wife as opposed to a quantity of them). I mean Mick Jagger is good and all but Chris is WAY WAY more talented and has been willing to expirement musically and artistically. When was the last time Mick Jagger made a record that broke out of his norm or did some art work and changed the way music and art are related? I think Chris has really set a trend with his new album and we will see more artists packaging their art and music together. SO, if the Queen won't knight him then I suppose I can fly out there and do it myself. :lol:
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Chris being KNIGHTED

Post by Mr_Blues »

jwanzong wrote: SO, if the Queen won't knight him then I suppose I can fly out there and do it myself. :lol:
Ok, I want to be there too, send me invitation for the ceremony :D
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Gabriëlle
Support
Support

Post by Gabriëlle »

I want to come too!!!! :lol:
Stainsby Girl
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Stainsby Girl »

[quote"Yeah, sounds great, but there´s one problem. It´s the same thing with Elton John and Mick Jagger (wasn´t he too a Sir??) they both are well known every where in the world. Sure Chris is famous too, but not that famous. So I think that whenever they do this Sir transforming from a rock / pop star, he should be famous in everywhere.

That was just a reality check, if I could decide Chris would be Sir :D[/quote]

He doesn't have to be famous worldwide famous to be knighted. there are a couple of Indian actors who have been knighted and I assure you they are no where near famous. so you've got a brilliant thought there and i wonder if there's any way in getting it to the 'family's' attention.

Cheers
Marie Thiers

Should the Queen Knight Chris Rea?

Post by Marie Thiers »

I see only one thing to say in this: YES - the Queen SHOULD knight Chris Rea! The reason is obvious. At least to me! :) [img][/img]
Marie Thiers
Sweden
Roadie
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by Roadie »

Naah, I think it goes over the top that musicians get knighted...After all his music is all that counts and that wont change whether he is a knight or not.
No-one knows that black dog better than I...
DaveG
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by DaveG »

why would you want a knighthood. Look at the other daft members of that club. I can just imagine them in times of war being requested to bear arms to protect the queen......purleees. Pass us that sword Elton, I've broken mine and Micks lost his....

His reward is in the money he makes, and the pleasure he gives and takes in his music.
Roadie
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by Roadie »

DaveG wrote:Pass us that sword Elton, I've broken mine and Micks lost his....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No-one knows that black dog better than I...
..Steel River Bhoy..
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by ..Steel River Bhoy.. »

Well as far as I am concerned, Chris IS God..surely that's higher than a poxy Knighthood? :D
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

SIR CHRIS ANTON REA SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!!!!

Chris deserves it DEFINITELY!!!!
:D :D :D
Zeljko
http://www.zeljkoart.com