The man The voice The guitar

Talking about "Oldies"

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
chrisreafan

Talking about "Oldies"

Post by chrisreafan »

People tend to grab Matt Monroe, Frank Sinatra, Gene Pitney etc etc

What i found was a record (the Japanese cd) from Harry Nilsson named "A little touch of SCHMILSSON in the Night".

Because relatives of mine are "into" classical music i must say it has a slight edge towards it, with a huge orchestra behind him he delivers old songs or parts of it like "Making Whoopee!".

During a party i put him on and the older ones really liked it a lot (not all offcourse)

To be short its an outstanding record. He worked in the '60s and '70s with John Lennon

I listen to it a lot

He has also evergreens on other records like "Everybody's Talkin".(which originally is from Fred Neil)

I think you can hear snippets of the cd on 7Digital (if interested) but on the Japanese cd there are more songs.
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Talking about "Oldies"

Post by Jim M »

Funny you bring up Harry Nillson -I just can't recall the song (i'll find it on Blue Guitars I think) where if you close your eyes C.R. sounds just like him.I'll see if I can find it over the weekend.

Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
chrisreafan

Re: Talking about "Oldies"

Post by chrisreafan »

Maybe he will perform the track which you mean by the concert although the tracks which are played are already known. I have two tickets for Amsterdam, so i'll be there

Somehow i think you mean that the atmosphere Chris Rea brings along is of the same order as Harry Nilsson.

There both awesome.

Don't make a big deal out of it (finding the track) and have fun while watching the games.