Post by chrisreafan »

Brings a new album called "Old Ideas".

Out at the end of January.
familychild
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Re: Leonard Cohen

Post by familychild »

already ordered one. looking forward to it! :-)
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Familychild,

I think you mean before i put it on this site or after you read me? Doesn't really matter but i have a tip for everyone who doesn't use Facebook at all or not frequently, its handy when you enter all the musicians or artists (dead or alive; excuse me its not nice to say but. . .) you are interested in; you get a lot of info, yes for instance new releases or in the latter better and or rare liveperformances.
Don't know of this feature already is on myspace too.

Saw on somebody's facebook account the advertisement of the new Leonard Cohen album, with a link to a song on the album he also has performed live already but no studio release.

So if no spoil you can search on youtube for that new song.
familychild
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by familychild »

hi chrisreafan , sure i mean i did order a copy last year when i heard here will be a new cohen album ...:-) (i still don't have it though...:-(
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

In a way I'm glad he was forced to have a second carrer (after his manager stole his money) as he's better than ever.A great Canadian artist !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
familychild
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by familychild »

i totally agree with you jim! i sadly just saw him two times - but i realy do hope so much he can tour again sometime....he's a great poet
dmytrobryushkov
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by dmytrobryushkov »

I am very enjoyed his songs,especially, "Future"- I saw the future, brother, it is murder"... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D97OxHZzBeQ
His lyrics are beautiful, but much complicated for poetic translations. Unfortunately, he is very rear guest in Canada, despite, he is from Canada (Montreal), and only one concert, which he did in resent 12 years, was the concert in Montreal couple years ago. It is petty, but all tickets for that concert were sold before even was known, it happened. He is a great poet and singer, anyhow.
Creativity- is not a talent, but a condition- dangerous condition, very similar to autism" (Chris Rea, movie "On the Road to Hell and back"