The man The voice The guitar

Boz Scaggs-Memphis CD (5 March '13)

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
chrisreafan

Boz Scaggs-Memphis CD (5 March '13)

Post by chrisreafan »

As far as i heard the record, the production is as professional as professional gets. Some numbers could have been placed on 'Saturday Night Fever', the soundtrack which i once bought. The other numbers well...magnificent, just magic.

Rainy Night in Georgia we all know, great cover. Corinna Corinna probably the best song on the record. Mixed up Shook up Girl catchy. Dry Spell and You got Me Crying great bluesnumbers.

Its not a 'loud album'...just my style.

one week left.
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Boz Scaggs-Memphis CD (5 March '13)

Post by Jim M »

I've ordered this CD and can hardly wait for it to arrive !
I've had the good fortune to see him live 3 times (once w/Donald Fagen & Micheal McDonald) and I'd see him again any time !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Hello Jim,

I know. If no spoil, you can already listen to the whole album on Spotify. Making no advertisement for this site, because it carries itself, but just to let you know.

:D
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Yes Boz Scaggs is one of those artists that I really enjoyed in the early days but kind of lost track of him.
He came to a local cassino a few years ago so we went and I've rediscovered him since then.
In april we have 2 concerts we're going to Joe Bonamassa -we've seen him a couple of times and he's fantastic.I think this is a more acoustic tour so should be interesting. We also are going to see Alfie Zappacosta @ our local Blue Frog recording studio which is great as only 50 people capacity !Check out his last visit there on Alfie Zappacosta live @ Blue Frog CD & DVD.We were at the concert and it was incredable !
Jim
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi All; long time no see....
Bozz Scaggs I already have, but there's a brand new CD out by Billy Bragg titled "Tooth & Nail". Available in the UK as of March 18 and in the US since March 19.
I don't know if anyone had mentioned here Eric Clapton's "Old Sock", with 12 tracks, all time favorites. In my opinion cut number 2., "Angel", by J.J. Cale, is the best on the disc. J.J. sing it, too. But there are also two new songs and some oldies.
I'm disappointed a bit with the new David Bowie's CD but bought the best of "The Pogues" (2CD) instead. Just for the kick of it.
Still waiting for a word about Chris Rea's plans.
Best regards to all of you,
Chris
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Also just rec'd the new Joe Bonamassa "an acoustic evening" double CD & DVD.
LIstened to it all weekend and it's very good !
Going to see him April 10