Joe Bonamassa & Harry Manx on tour

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
Jim M
Support
Support

Joe Bonamassa & Harry Manx on tour

Post by Jim M »

Hi Everyone
Two of my favorite artists are touring and I think you'd enjoy them as much as I do.
Harry Manx www.harrymanx.com
Will be touring Australia /N.Z. & the U.K.
He is a Canadian slide guitar/sitar player w/an indian (India not Canadian indians) influence and is truly amazing.
Joe Bonamassa www.jbonamassa.com
I probably don't have to tell you about Joe but he puts on a amazing live show ?
He'll be touring U.S. /UK /Netherlands/Australia/Germany/Switzerland/Belgium/Luxembourg
Both are worth seeing !
Let me know if you go what you think !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Joe Bonamassa & Harry Manx on tour

Post by Chris »

Hi Jim,
Both of them are great and I like them, too.
I'd like to point out, however, to yet another recent CD, dedicated to the memory of J.J. Cale. It came out on the market in late July, 2014, I believe everywhere. It's referred to as Eric Clapton's "They Call Me The Breeze; An Appreciation of J.J. Cale", but his songs are covered by many fine musicians.
If you haven't heard it yet, please check it out on YouTube. I think that Mark Knopfler should have recorded more of J.J. Cale songs since he sings and plays in the similar way. In addition, his voice timber (tone color) can be compared to that of late Cale.
To be honest, a year after J.J. Cale passed away, I was hoping for a CD released by J.J. Cale's wife, Christine Lakeland, since she knows all of his songs by heart because she played with him all the time. But it hasn't happened. Well, maybe next year?
Best regards to you,
Chris
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Hi Chris
I bought that CD as soon as it was available and enjoy it very much. Of course Clapton & JJ Cale did The Road to Escondido in 2006 which was another VG album. I agree w/your comments on Mark Knopfler . I'll listen to Clapton or Knopfler any time they pick up a guitar
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Maybe strange, I'm a Clapton fan as much as a Rea fan. But this album doesn't do it for me. Although I like JJ Cale enormously.
I love only two songs of the whole album, I was disappointed.
And the Road to Escondido, is just much better...
Ann
You're never to old to dance!