The man The voice The guitar

Would you feel diffrently about Chris?

The topic previously known as "General chat"...
Gabriëlle
Support
Support

Would you feel diffrently about Chris?

Post by Gabriëlle »

My question to you;

Would you feel diffrently about Chris and his music if he would be a completly diffrent person?
Would it matter to you for instants if Chris would be gay or have a diffrent skincollour :?:
Would you still be a fan?

I know it would not matter to me..... :wink:

Love Gabrielle
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Re: Would you feel diffrently about Chris?

Post by Zgred »

This is fine question!

I thought about it seriously... for me, actually it would matter :) but first, some obvious things, I get addicted by ears, not by eyes, so I don't speak about being black, gay, or even a woman :D Hey, George Michael is gay but I really do like his music, it just doesn't change a thing, it's not important at all. Freddie Mercury was a gay also and he had (has) so much die-hard fans, that it answers any doubts.

However there is something that could possibly turn me out of Chris - it's the lifestyle, or better to say - the private life. How much do we know about him? Little, not much, some stuff about race cars and alike. But definitely we can't say he's the often guest at the newspaper's headline. And this makes the difference!! Exactly this is the point I'm feeling. We have so many artists that sing nice things and write peaceful lyrics, and in the same time they get arrested for driving after alcohol drinking or making trouble for his family... example - there is a band in Poland that recently made big career - no names, okay? ;) They collected a lot of young fans, especially girls, with lyrics full of love, honest thoughts, about friendship... nice, isn't it? After 3 or 4 albums, the sh*t did show up. In the name of Mrs. Career the singer ruined his relations with family, exposed a lot of privacy to magazines, TV... also what is really ugly, he is supposed to mistreat his wife... so, everything is for sale... :roll:

Conclusion: I would not stand the same when talking about Chris - it would make him completely incompetent when singing "Josephine", you know, it would just become a lyric followed by guitar, without any power within. But the truth is sooooo sweet :D when I *know* he doesn't share his privacy for nothing, hell we fans aren't able to write a letter to him, so when I hear a song dedicated to his daughter or (more often) wife - you know what I'm talking about... it's not mere song written to fill the album, this is pure pearl that has never get forgotten after hearing it :)

Answering to you Gabrielle: no, I won't be his fan whatever person he could be... fortunately, everythiing matches - man with the music, man with the words, words with the man's life.
pam
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by pam »

Zgred wrote:This is fine question!

I thought about it seriously... for me, actually it would matter :) but first, some obvious things, I get addicted by ears, not by eyes, so I don't speak about being black, gay, or even a woman :D Hey, George Michael is gay but I really do like his music, it just doesn't change a thing, it's not important at all. Freddie Mercury was a gay also and he had (has) so much die-hard fans, that it answers any doubts.

However there is something that could possibly turn me out of Chris - it's the lifestyle, or better to say - the private life. How much do we know about him? Little, not much, some stuff about race cars and alike. But definitely we can't say he's the often guest at the newspaper's headline. And this makes the difference!! Exactly this is the point I'm feeling. We have so many artists that sing nice things and write peaceful lyrics, and in the same time they get arrested for driving after alcohol drinking or making trouble for his family... example - there is a band in Poland that recently made big career - no names, okay? ;) They collected a lot of young fans, especially girls, with lyrics full of love, honest thoughts, about friendship... nice, isn't it? After 3 or 4 albums, the sh*t did show up. In the name of Mrs. Career the singer ruined his relations with family, exposed a lot of privacy to magazines, TV... also what is really ugly, he is supposed to mistreat his wife... so, everything is for sale... :roll:

Conclusion: I would not stand the same when talking about Chris - it would make him completely incompetent when singing "Josephine", you know, it would just become a lyric followed by guitar, without any power within. But the truth is sooooo sweet :D when I *know* he doesn't share his privacy for nothing, hell we fans aren't able to write a letter to him, so when I hear a song dedicated to his daughter or (more often) wife - you know what I'm talking about... it's not mere song written to fill the album, this is pure pearl that has never get forgotten after hearing it :)

Answering to you Gabrielle: no, I won't be his fan whatever person he could be... fortunately, everythiing matches - man with the music, man with the words, words with the man's life.
That is a very special way of putting it. Seems to me that we should all live our lives 'honestly' and true to our ideals & beliefs.

Thank you Zgred
Could it be just that I'm crazy
Could it be the way I feel
Minij

Would you like Chris if...

Post by Minij »

Mr Rea could wear ladies underwear and paint with the paint brush stuck in his arse and I'd still love him. Not much he could do that I wouldn't like.
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

pam wrote:Seems to me that we should all live our lives 'honestly' and true to our ideals & beliefs.
Hmm, I just wanted to say that but it took me a little more space... :mrgreen:
Michigan_Mark
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Michigan_Mark »

I agree with the last reponce but I'll add my thoughts!! From What i have heard in Chris' music it seems to me he has been through the gammit of things! You can't record as many releases as Chris and not be touched by the man's lyrics and music. It seems to me that just every song he has released has had some meaning behind the composing of the song/album! Take "Stoney Road" for example. What I got from lisening over and over to the release was his experience with his bout with cancer! I believe that no matter what his color is or his lifestyle prefrance, his music would still have all of the heart and soul he has put in EVERY song he has ever done so my answer would be NO!! It would not make a differance to this fan!
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

gvhecke wrote:My question to you;

Would you feel diffrently about Chris and his music if he would be a completly diffrent person?
Would it matter to you for instants if Chris would be gay or have a diffrent skincollour :?:
Would you still be a fan?

I know it would not matter to me..... :wink:

Love Gabrielle
It wouldn´t matter to me. His music is what counts most.
Someone thought about "what if he was she", well if woman can sound like Chris I wouldn´t mind ;) :D
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)