The man The voice The guitar

Let's Throw a Party and Hire Chris as the entertainment!

The topic previously known as "General chat"...
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Let's Throw a Party and Hire Chris as the entertainment!

Post by Jim M »

I'm not saying C.R. is a whore that will sell his services to anyone w/strings attached BUT we all cannot loose site of the fact that it is a business.I'm sure (for example) if i ran a company that would put on an event like this and was a C.R. fan (as i am) i would hire him to play.THat's not to say i'd demand he'd play the corparate theme song done to one of his tunes but rather LET HIM PLAY.I'm sure that most musicians that hire themselves out have standards that they stipulate in a contract.JUst because someone is "a rich jet setter" it does not mean they don't appreciate C.R.If you recall C.R. himself flew in a Lear Jet on his Stoney Road tour.
I deal with a company that hired Bill Clinton to speak @ thier event and i know for a fact that he was given no instructions as to the content of his speach.I'm not a huge Bill Clinton fan but face facts he's at least as famous as C.R.
AS i say this is a business and this is how people like C.R. make thier living.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
jwanzong
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by jwanzong »

Howdy! Oh but we can certainly dream though :? :? :? :?
Wouldn't it be a fun event. I could bake a cake in the shape of a hofner guitar. And maybe someone could make a ferrari one as well. But I suppose I will have to wait till 209 or whenever his next tour is. Seems it is about every 2 years (or is that just my impression)?

For the next concert I really would love to meet up with some of you all. It would be nice to put faces to the people I have met here on the forum.

Cheers!
Jenn
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

Ohhh god this is a brilliant idea....
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

That is indeed a great idea. Perhaps it is time to start thinking of such an event soon. When a tour-date-list is published, the sales start usally quickly afterwards so by then there won't be time enough to start thing about which city would be most ideal to meet up. Something similair... I have had a conversation with another member (Tina, if I remember correcly) about a Chris Rea fan day. This would be a day on which we all can meet, talk, watch the DVD's and listen to the music, while admiring the best pieces of everybody's collection. What are your thoughts about either of these two ideas?
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Bart,
Yes I would be interested in this.Count me in :)
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.