The man The voice The guitar

Shout out to Chris (Poland)

The topic previously known as "General chat"...
chrisreafan

Shout out to Chris (Poland)

Post by chrisreafan »

Hello Chris,

Hopes everything is well.

Not a kloon, but from the same area and presumably (not looked at wiki) the same age.

Titina Bau has a slightly softer voice as the late Mrs Cesaria Evora

If you know her already thats of course okay, but if you want a good listen (Spotify) her latest CD came out may 2012 if i am correct.

bye.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Shout out to Chris (Poland)

Post by Chris »

Thank you Chrisreafan for this information. I didn't know she existed; a very similar voice. But, sorry to say, she's not Cesaria. The latest was somehow unique in voice and appearance. Thanks once again for letting me know.
I'm waiting now for the new double album by Mark Knopfler. It's due September 4, 2012 over here. If I'm in Germany at that time I might pick up my copy already on August 31 (Friday) as this is the official release date across the Oder.
Also, a new Bob Dylan's CD is coming up, September 11, and many other interesting performers this Autumn. I will be patiently waiting for all of them.
Enjoy the Summer.
Take care,
Chris
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Hello Chris,

I was away (tasting wines with other people). Otherwise i would have reacted earlier.

Indeed she is not Cesaria, who was unique, so don't worry. But you know...like a critic said its not bad to have a second (wrote this when Ms Evora was still alive) artist with nearly the same sort of music.

About Mark Knopfler, i searched not so long ago and stumbled upon bluesartist Steve Phillips who is connected with Knopfler, who supports him in all sorts of way. "Been a long time gone" and another CD i bought (have to search him, can't find it right now. "Evening Star" is a great number. I think you can listen to it on myspace.

Very warm weather this week in the Netherlands, so yes summer '12 isn't as bad as it first seemed to be (over here)
:D 8)
Bye.
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Somehow missed Santana's Shape Shifter (may 2012). Must hear it more, but i like it a lot right now. Bought it.
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Curtis Stigers with the song Things have Changed. From his new album. Like it, back in 2007 downloaded Real Emotional.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi, I hope everything is fine with you.
Yes, cover of this Bob Dylan's song by Curtis Stigers is very good, indeed. I've seen a video of it on Youtube. It was shot (the caption says) just over a month ago at a Munich club. Good sound and camerawork.
Meanwhile, I've been listening to the three new songs by Mark Knopfler from his upcoming "Privateering" double CD and I must say they are all excellent. Try, for instance, the "Haul Away".
The summer, regrettably, is slowly coming to an end over here. The other day I took a walk through the meadows early in the morning and I found myself in the middle of a fog bank.
Take care,
Chris
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Hello again,

Yes the album of Curtis Stigers is hearable on Spotify, but not to sound like a broken record, i do not mention it everytime, and sometimes Spotify is not up to date and doesn't deliver yet new albums.

I will hear the songs of Mark Knopfler, Maybe...or youtube.

bye
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

John Hiatt comes with a new album and Ryan Bingham

Only like the slow quiet numbers on both records, but those numbers especially Bingham are really good
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Oh yeah, John Hiatt, he's been around for a long, long time... I remember him from the 70's with his "She Loves The Jerk" and other good songs.
Ryan Bingham, is he that good? Well, you say? I would have to listen to him a bit longer.
Take care,
Chris
Last edited by Chris on 02 Oct 2012, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

No Bingham latest is dissapointing, only like one number (with God). Downloaded Paolo Conte with the greatest hits (VIa Con Me, Max, Going Oh, Collegie Trascurati and Alle Pres Con Una Verda Milonga) man, i know great stuff. Don't know if you are too much into Blues but 2006 record from The Kilborn Alley Blues Band is really good (Chicago Blues if you ask me)

Bye
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Paolo Conte is a true legend, a singing lawyer from Asti in Piemonte. He's got class. He is elegant in his songs. A true poet as well as a great musician (a cantautore). I treasure him a lot because he composes his songs and sings them the way he does best. I wish I knew Italian, but one can get some sense of his texts if he/she remembers Latin from school. Conte is not exactly a jazz musician but he's pleasant to listen to.
I always liked blues. Right now I'm looking forward to the upcoming album by Van Morrison.
Take care,
Chris
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Asti Piemonte? I think he has great wines in his cellar! :D The soon as i know some songs about the newest of Van Morrison, i will let you and everyone else who reads the forum know. Read about Mr.Conte on wiki, but knew him from way back, you can sing the songs along who are familiar and played on the radiostations.
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Best wishes (again). Paolo Conto (Tour 2013) gives two concerts in Germany. On 13 april in Koln, and 15 april in Hamburg. Yes, on the other borderside but probably not a big problem. I think i share this little info here, you can check it on his website.