The man The voice The guitar

Road to Hell Part 2 >>>>>>>>

The topic previously known as "General chat"...
johny

Road to Hell Part 2 >>>>>>>>

Post by johny »

"Q" Magazine May 06' - RTH Part 2 was voted in the top 100 worst albums of all time - I think it came about 35 ish'.

My personal opinion was that this is only "stinker" Chris has made over his long career - I really don't know what he was thinking!

But is there anyone out there who really likes it????????
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Road to Hell Part 2 >>>>>>>>

Post by Chris »

johny wrote:"Q" Magazine May 06' - RTH Part 2 was voted in the top 100 worst albums of all time - I think it came about 35 ish'.

My personal opinion was that this is only "stinker" Chris has made over his long career - I really don't know what he was thinking!

--------------
Hi,

The Road to Hell Part 2 had been evidently imposed upon Chris by the record company executives who "knew better" (what trends and tastes of the audience were.) The RTH2 wasn't exactly in Chris' style and he admitted he made a mistake recording it with the machine generated beat and disco-like sound. But, as always, there were a few nice songs on that album, too. I guess, you are right, as far as saying that it wasn't one of Chris' top charters. It's one of his recordings which I don't have....
Best regards,
Chris
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Chris wrote:
johny wrote:"Q" Magazine May 06' - RTH Part 2 was voted in the top 100 worst albums of all time - I think it came about 35 ish'.

--------------
Hi,

The Road to Hell Part 2 had been evidently imposed upon Chris by the record company executives who "knew better" (what trends and tastes of the audience were.) The RTH2 wasn't exactly in Chris' style and he admitted he made a mistake recording it with the machine generated beat and disco-like sound. But, as always, there were a few nice songs on that album, too. I guess, you are right, as far as saying that it wasn't one of Chris' top charters. It's one of his recordings which I don't have....
Best regards,
Chris
Hey guys!
First I thought what you thought, I said that it's the worst album of Chris I've ever heard. Now I admire it, and I don't know what YOU are thinking about :) It is an album displaying a real depression that I sometimes feel. It's reeeally depressing, everybody can be down at some point and Chris displayed it perfectly. Then I also thought that it was amazing that a rock-pop singer wanting to sing blues makes a RAP song and mixes rap with jazz (Coming off the Ropes), which is really unique. Only a really free man (in sense of art) can do that. I also thought about chasing the modern trends, but I gave up this thought recently. I understood and started to love this album, although I never really love the depression. And you know what I say - the best things need very much time for you to understand and start to like them. Buy this album, Chris.
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

elangelo wrote:
Chris wrote:

--------------
Hi,

Best regards,
Chris
Hey guys!
First I thought what you thought, I said that it's the worst album of Chris I've ever heard. Now I admire it, and I don't know what YOU are thinking about :) It is an album displaying a real depression that I sometimes feel. It's reeeally depressing, everybody can be down at some point and Chris displayed it perfectly. Then I also thought that it was amazing that a rock-pop singer wanting to sing blues makes a RAP song and mixes rap with jazz (Coming off the Ropes), which is really unique. Only a really free man (in sense of art) can do that. I also thought about chasing the modern trends, but I gave up this thought recently. I understood and started to love this album, although I never really love the depression. And you know what I say - the best things need very much time for you to understand and start to like them. Buy this album, Chris.
-----------
All right, Elangelo, I'll give it a try,
Chris