The man The voice The guitar

Compatibility match!!!

The topic previously known as "General chat"...
priyan
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Compatibility match!!!

Post by priyan »

Now this is an interesting link that Bart has put up.
My score was 100, 84, 99 and 95 !! Not a bad show I'd say :wink:

But just to check that the site was not something that's programmed to give u good scores always, I checked with other celebs and yes, some did return me a zero :)

Good fun to try it!!
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

compatibility link

Post by leila.wilson »

Hi Priyam,
Glad you got sorted! Well, after reading your comments on Bart,s new link, I decided to have a go!!! I couldn,t get a result at all for Chris? Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps it is something to do with the java link it mentions?

Anyway, I tried a general match, first of all giving my true age which is 69. I was a bit disconcerted to find I had been matched with Omar Sharif who is no longe with us!!!! (If Bart reads this, and he will, there will probably be a string of hahahahahahahas in his next post here!!!

I then tried again giving my age as the same year as my eldest son, and woooooooooooooo!!! I got Tom Cruise!!!! As I am 5ft tall, that could work???? Ah well I can dream!!!!! Echoes of Bart,s laughter fading away into the distance!!! Perhaps you too are laughing now eh Priyam???? Ithink I,ll have another try for brooding Brad Pitt.

A fun link Bart! you got it right again!!!
priyan
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Java link

Post by priyan »

Hi Leila,
No i didn't laugh but it brought a smile :) its a great link just to find out what the software thinks about compatibility!

I think by the way the graphics was being loaded it looks like a Java application, so in case you don't have a java virtual machine installed, you can go to this site and download the JVM. It should work after that, and so will all Java-enabled content websites. The link is

http://www.java.com/en/download/download_the_latest.jsp
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Installing Java

Post by leila.wilson »

Hello Priyam,
Thankyou for your help. I went to the site you gave me, and tried to install the java software, but it wouldn,t complete the installation. I was referred to a yellow bar at the top of the page, for Windows XP users to click to enable things to go ahead, but it was not there. I was given error 1316, but this was not shown in the "help" section. Apparently, my system might not be configured for java? I am quite new to computers, so I stopped there! Thanks anyway.

Take care, :)

Leila.
priyan
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by priyan »

I tried it and I also received error 1311. You could go to the site
http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

There is a yellow button by which you can verify the Java installation on your PC. From there you can again try the download button after verifying. I guess its better to follow the steps for Manual download, though it may take some time depending on your network connection speed. Generally, its advisable to have Java environment installed as many sites use Java.

Good luck with it!

Priyan.
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

java download

Post by leila.wilson »

Still no luck Priyan! No yellow button on my PC so I did a manual download, but got the same end result. But thanks for your help!!!! I, ll just have to wait until my son comes home, to oversee my
"technique" :(

Leila.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: java download

Post by Bart »

leila.wilson wrote:Still no luck Priyan! No yellow button on my PC so I did a manual download, but got the same end result. But thanks for your help!!!! I, ll just have to wait until my son comes home, to oversee my
"technique" :(

Leila.

hahhaa ... women and techniqies ... that never works out !!!

OOPS; sorry to all the ladys on the forum !! No hard feelings ....

Bart
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)