Steiger Award 2018

Stop the presses
tz5632
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Steiger Award 2018

Post by tz5632 »

Hi :) ,

Chris Rea will receive the prestigious STEIGER AWARD 2018 in the category MUSIC INTERNATIONAL. This prize was created by private initiative and is based on the virtues of the miner. Honored are people who demonstrate their straightforwardness, openness and tolerance in their actions and thinking. They are people who are not deterred on their way and willing to take responsibility. The STEIGER AWARD is not only a prize, but also honors the values ​​and philosophies of people who have made outstanding contributions in the fields of music, sports, media, environment, film, as well as issues of European integration and humanitarian engagement.
So far so good - if you wanna have further information about this event, check the website: http://der-steiger-award.com (unfortunately only in German).

So, at least something new for this category...I was worried that after his breakdown last December we wouldn't hear anything soon...maybe he will show up in Dortmund and accept the award personally...

All the best to you all - tschö
Tobias
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Steiger Award 2018

Post by ann268 »

Great news, I hope he has time to pick it up! Will it be on tv in Germany?
You're never to old to dance!
tz5632
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by tz5632 »

I don‘t think it will be shown on German TV.
tz5632
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by tz5632 »

Update:
Chris did not attend the Steiger Award ceremony - it was said that he is very ill. :(
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

I hoped he was just racing or something like that, since he was spotted on Goodwood a week and a half ago.
Where did you read this tz5632?
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Found an article in german, 2 sentences, Chris Rea didn't come at the last moment because he was ill, very ill even. :(
Translation with Google Chrome:
https://www.waz.de/region/rhein-und-ruh ... 54773.html
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Nur Chris Rea hat kurzfristig abgesagt. „Krank“ sei der Mann, bedauert Moderator Werner Hansch. „Sehr krank.“

I'm so sorry to hear that. I was hopping he would be recuperating after his (probably short) stay at the hospital.
Anyway, I wish him all the best.
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

This confirms my worst fears. Although Chris has always been kind of reclusive in terms of his private life with many months going by without a sign of life - at least we would have got at least a little update on his health status if it wasn't that bad. But no news since his collapse - and it's already been three months :(

I'm still hoping for him to recover fully, of course, but I am really concerned.
My prayers go out to his family.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Although it's what said in this article, he was also seen on Goodwood on the 8th of March.
The 18th is also Julia her birthday, all speculation. Maybe he wasn't well, or just stayed home with his family.
Don't give up yet, he has had so many angels on his shoulder, as he stated. Hopefully they continue to help him.
Munich-1983
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Munich-1983 »

tobi777 wrote:This confirms my worst fears. Although Chris has always been kind of reclusive in terms of his private life with many months going by without a sign of life - at least we would have got at least a little update on his health status if it wasn't that bad. But no news since his collapse - and it's already been three months :(

I'm still hoping for him to recover fully, of course, but I am really concerned.
My prayers go out to his family.
I agree, Tobi. It would be good, if Chris (are at least someone from the management) could give a little information about his health status. No-information-never isn´t a good concept for his fans...
Anyway, incase someone ever reads this lines: alle the best to you Chris!! Even when you don´t know your fans personell - we are humans with souls too. And we have strong emotions when we hear that you are so ill. I hope you get better and can live without pain. I am on your side :-)
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Well, the day before yesterday he was seen racing again!
I think it says, he had no interest in the award, Julia had her birthday, and he has other ptiorities.
I know I'm guessing, but from very ill to racing is a big difference.
See Link:https://twitter.com/BurtSteveb66/status ... 2151793664
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Yeah, I've seen two pictures of him posing at his "police" car at the track on March 26, 2018.
He looked to me just fine. I'm happy for him.
Thank you Ann for posting the link.
But still, I'm disappointed somehow because I would expect his management to issue a statement, or something similar, about him being alright. I think it has something to do with good manners.
Unless he doesn't feel obliged in any way to let us know he's fine?
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

I think he does what he thinks he has to do and never cared for all the shit around it.
I've seen his fanletters from Pat, what a difference in how he handles his fans these days.The communication was so much better.
But it is what it is. I'm happy he seems to be okay.
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Believe me guys, I am very happy that I was wrong :D
Nevertheless I wish Chris or his management would give us some tiny feedback.
He/they must know that we have been terribly worried after the collapse :(