Chrisrea.com

Stop the presses
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: Chrisrea.com

Post by lilybee »

Hi Peter and Jim, :D

I agree, not much news from Chris on that site, but the guestbook is current, and people keep signing in.

Someone must be reading it, other than ourselves the fans! :shock:

I did get a nice response from a rep from the distributor for the site's shop. She said:
"they will be making the draw very soon, and I am sure Chris reads his own site - when he is not too busy!"

That was May 30th....we'll see.

Or.....we could just bombard the guestbook with a lot of questions for Chris!!!!????....

Lily
Last edited by lilybee on 18 Jun 2008, 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Have to agree, I put a message on there last night asking why there was not any news or information on who had won the competition.
could this be true, could this be me..
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Or if we want to be real bad just do lots posts directing them to a certain site that is ALWAYS active and busy and ALL about Chris.... that's assuming we wouldn't get Bart into any trouble. :D
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Great idea Tina! :D

I'm going to do that right now....

I saw someone list Bart's site in there defore, but why don't a few of us re-do-it, ...again...

It will only prove whether Chris reads his own site or not. :?

Lily
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Ok, so I got this email from Alan, asking me if I had seen this before,

isn't this the exact same record player they are "giving away" on chrisrea.com?

Did somebody win it already ???? :shock: :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chris-Rea-Hofner- ... otohosting

... and the nerve of that person to ask for so much money for it, trying to make a buck for himself!!

What's up with that site! What's next, a Chris Rea concert that we'll never know about....?

It would be really nice if they let the fans know what's going on. :(

Lily
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

You are right there Lily, doesn't disguise the fact he won it as well. Why enter the competition if you didn't want it. I know many of us would have treasured such an item, wouldn't mind some HBN guitar picks even !!
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Oh Lily, I really don't see what you don't understand... poor guy's been barely thrown outta place by his partner along with the turntable... he just MUST sell it!! This 'must' causes him to ask 120 pound minimum for an item he won by answering the extremely difficult question on the name of Chris Rea's debut album from 1978.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Screw 'em all! Especially screw this guy:
"however in view of my already massive collection of CDs my partner will not let me buy vinyl so I have taken the decision to sell it."
And you didn't know that before you won it?! Or anything?!
Uh, it really brings out the devil in me.

Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

I am late to this one...
lilybee wrote:. and the nerve of that person to ask for so much money for it, trying to make a buck for himself!!
totally agree
lilybee wrote:What's up with that site! What's next, a Chris Rea concert that we'll never know about....?
Well it wouldn't srprise me in the least
lilybee wrote:It would be really nice if they let the fans know what's going on. :(
I feel sometimes the fans are always the last to know.
ace of hearts wrote:You are right there Lily, doesn't disguise the fact he won it as well. Why enter the competition if you didn't want it. I know many of us would have treasured such an item, wouldn't mind some HBN guitar picks even !!

Nothing like rubbing people's nose in it is there? I don't think this should have been allowed since so many others would have treasured this.I know people have the right to do as they please with their property but with such an item he doesn't have much regard for Chris Rea.He can't have had it that long and already he has it up for sale.He could have maybe offered to someone on here or on chrisrea.com.

chrismiller wrote:Screw 'em all! Especially screw this guy:
"however in view of my already massive collection of CDs my partner will not let me buy vinyl so I have taken the decision to sell it."
And you didn't know that before you won it?! Or anything?!
Uh, it really brings out the devil in me.
Chris this sums it up perfectly I feel like you on this one and imagine having a "partner" telling you what you can and can't do.Screw him is right.
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

That's a good reply Tina. Between us all we are a touch disappointed I simply guess that it has not ended up with someone who REALLY wanted it. Thats competitions though, anyone can win.

Another thing while we are grumbling, I didn't but did anyone order the vynl single, have they been delivered ??
And the Blog section of the site could have been so useful, but nothing.

I know Chris doesn't see himself as a star or celebrity and just a music man really, but a little info here and there would be nice. I also am a fan of Queen, if you look at their site or Brian Mays', they are constantly informing fans of what is going on, where they will be, and general stuff that interests them, answering letters also on Brian Mays site.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Ace
ace of hearts wrote:Another thing while we are grumbling, I didn't but did anyone order the vynl single, have they been delivered ??
yeah I did and it was delivered and I have listened to it. :)
ace of hearts wrote:I know Chris doesn't see himself as a star or celebrity and just a music man really, but a little info here and there would be nice. I also am a fan of Queen, if you look at their site or Brian Mays', they are constantly informing fans of what is going on, where they will be, and general stuff that interests them, answering letters also on Brian Mays site.
This has been echoed so many times by so many of us.I don't think it's Chris that is the problem but whoever is meant to be looking after his sites.Mark Knopfler is another who takes an active interest with his fans.I think it is a big help if it is a fan or fans that are running the sites as they know what the rest of us are like.Lovely talking to you
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

I agree ! It looks like the only thing they can do on the site is deliver goods you order (i got my vinyl single w/great comunication) -so i guess someone looks at it ? What a shame it will just go like Jazzee Blue did !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Jim M wrote: What a shame it will just go like Jazzee Blue did !
Jim, I'm glad you mentioned Jazzee Blue as does anyone know what the hell has happened there?
I mean that's the official site for the label and, according to some interviews Chris did, the label's running great, making a lot of money so why that site became totally dead? Any ideas?

Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

chrismiller wrote:why that site became totally dead? Any ideas?
You know why Chris...cause it is run by a person or persons who don't give a [EDIT: Please don't use this word] about the site.Sad that cause any one of 100 fans from this site would have done a much better job and proberly for nothing too.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi all,

Well, looks like now we can use avatars at chrisrea.com.... :D

http://www.chrisrea.com/showscreen.php? ... eenid=1362

Although they deleted the last 20 posts, they did update it, which means...

.....SOMEBODY IS ACTUALLY THERE! :lol: :lol:

Lily
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi,

Looking at it some more, seems they deleted all the posts in the "guestbook" from October and November!

(mine are still there... :shock: )

Lily