NEW BEST OF ALBUM

Stop the presses
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

NEW BEST OF ALBUM

Post by pizzaaddi »

Hi everybody,

here is the link to the new best of. Edel records. They wrote that "Chris Rea hat eigens hierzu Hits wie „Josephine“, „The Road To Hell“, „On The Beach“, „Let’s Dance“, „Fool (If You Think It’s Over)” und “Stainsby Girls” in einem brillianten Klang neu aufgenommen." Chris has the titels put into a new sound. We will see

LINK
Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: NEW BEST OF ALBUM

Post by Müfo »

Indeed, the older songs seem to be new recorded versions!
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Has anyone found an English site to order this from yet ?
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Hey everyone,

Yeah we discussed this album somewhere else and I'm really curious on the 'newest' new versions. This could be the kind of second installment of New Light Through Old Windows.

Jim I've already looked for the album on the US and the UK Amazon and there's absolutely nothing. Actually I've searched thru the upcoming releases list on UK Amazon and still nothing. I can imagine it would be first released in Germany for reasons otherwise I think it strange it's not on any English site only a few weeek before releasing.

Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Chris
I did the same thing with unfortunately same results.
I've done it but i'm never quite comfortable ordering in a language (unfortunately) I don't understand (too many potential surprises). THANKS Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
I am going to see if I can order it in my local music store and failing that I have a few others I can try in Dublin City.If I am sucessful in getting any information I will let you know.I am hoping I will be able to get it that way and not have to send of to Amazon U.K for it.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by imagemkr »

Could be one of those "German Only" albums. It wouldn't be the first time. I like the bits I've heard and the new arrangements, but I'm not jumping on the "Definitive" train.

Just my 2 cents. Thom
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

imagemkr wrote:Could be one of those "German Only" albums. It wouldn't be the first time. I like the bits I've heard and the new arrangements, but I'm not jumping on the "Definitive" train.

Just my 2 cents. Thom
Hi Thom,

It's indeed possible that this "Fool if You Think it's Over - A Definite Best of CR" ("A Completely New NLTOW", if you will), is being published only in Germany, but the Germans - It's worth mentioning, perhaps - being always very nice as well as (yes!) polite to him, came to his rescue not once but several times already. It was in Germany, in the early 80s, where he survived and made it big (also financially) on the music scene. So, history likes to repeat itself, I guess.
"The Stony Road" was the first album for Chris issued under new label, the Edel Records/Tru Notes.
I believe Chris or his manager had spoken about it quite openly in interviews.
Best regards to you,
Chris
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

It's perfectly safe to order fron Amazon.de to the Uk, plenty were getting their Nintendo Wii consoles last christmas from there !! :D
could this be true, could this be me..
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

I have used a free translator of the description from german to english, its not perfect I guess but it does sound like he has reworked the songs to make it an original album as such.....here is the translation.

Chris Rea of one of the most important and most influential blues is product descriptions short description Chris Rea - "Fool If You Think it it Over – The definitive Greatest hits" without doubt – and rock music of the last 30 years. In its unprecedented career, it looks back meanwhile on 19 albums and over 22 million of sold sound-recording medium. Reason enough to unite now finally its largest hits on "Fool If You Think it it Over – The definitive Greatest hits". Chris Rea has expressly to this hits such as "Josephine", "The Road To brightly", "On The Beach", "Let’s it Dance", "Fool (If You Think it it Over)" and" Stainsby Girls" in a brillianten sound newly received. Completed this becomes best of through title of the letzen Rea albums that its newly discovered passion the blues reflect again.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi there Rich! :D :D

Thanks for all the info.

For everybody who thinks they've seen this before, it was posted here....
http://www.chrisrea.nl/community/viewto ... f=6&t=1316

Lily
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Never saw it there as well !! Cheers Lily, perhaps we will have some new recordings of new matarial in 2009 ??
Strange how this is only a german release at the moment. Perhaps a budgeting issue or perceived sales hits ?
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Hello pizzaaddi;

Thanks for posting the info! I will close this topic now, please discuse any further in the first topic (LINK).
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)