The man The voice The guitar

I'm going to meet Chris !!!

Stop the presses
marcolino
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by marcolino »

Stainsby Girl wrote: i just checked the shipping costs on amazon are 28 pounds! that's nearly as much as the album!
so... but i'll find a way.
28 pounds is the cost for delivering an item via priority express. A safe and quick way to receive an order, but quite expensive. So you might consider the Airmail delivery, which has a cost of less than 4 GBP for CD's. I ordered my copy to http://www.Play.com (they ship all items for free), but they currently ship only in Europe countries.

Bye
Marcolino
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Chris & management

Post by Zgred »

As always truth lies somewhere between Jennifer's and Marcolino's.
I think it's a mix of the great individualist and typical commercial management that has a work to do. They can even don't listen to his music.

I just thought about it and at first glance almost agreed with JW. Yeah - we are the fans that created today's Chris Rea, he never said "thanks"......... all true. But then... a question. Do I listen to the one that says "thank you my dear fans, thank you"? The one that smiles to every flash of camera? Or the one that makes music for masses? HELL NOT! I chose the one that writes music not for me, but for himself and his closest people rather. I see this is the point. Everyone is making music that everyone would like to hear and forget soon. But as long Chris is different, his music is also different. I really respect what he (probably) respects, he's not a showman type and for each one of us he's special, but let's say this, we are somehow like a crowd (not that's something bad). But paying full attention to each fan, each day, including press etc. is something each of us could not bear.

So - let him be, whomever he wants to be... we know him as rather shy person, and his music is such different that some "fancies" we should forgive. Think of it as side effects. He records not just sorta bluesy music but... you know as well what. [EDIT: Please don't use this word], people, it's still our Chris!!!!!

PS. Hey Bart, maybe you're right you'll receive more attention by asking if you can date Josephine??? :smt025
Stainsby Girl
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Stainsby Girl »

marcolino wrote:
Stainsby Girl wrote: i just checked the shipping costs on amazon are 28 pounds! that's nearly as much as the album!
28 pounds is the cost for delivering an item via priority express. A safe and quick way to receive an order, but quite expensive. So you might consider the Airmail delivery, which has a cost of less than 4 GBP for CD's. I ordered my copy to http://www.Play.com (they ship all items for free), but they currently ship only in Europe countries.

Bye
That's the whole problem.. anywhere outside europe is extremely expensive. I will figure out a way. i'm dying to see his paintings too..
I am definitely seeing him live this time. I probably won't be , infact i definitely won't be able to see his first perormance this tour because of the job factor. but i will be there in april for sure! 'l beg, borrow steal for the money..
I'll be there in spirit for other concerts! ;)

cheers
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Stainsby Girl wrote:i just checked the shipping costs on amazon are 28 pounds! that's nearly as much as the album!

That's the whole problem.. anywhere outside europe is extremely expensive. I will figure out a way. i'm dying to see his paintings too..
I am definitely seeing him live this time. I probably won't be , infact i definitely won't be able to see his first perormance this tour because of the job factor. but i will be there in april for sure! 'l beg, borrow steal for the money..
I'll be there in spirit for other concerts! ;)

cheers
Why don´t you try to ask from someone who lives in Europe to buy and send that Blue Guitars to India? I´m sure that if civilian person sends it that will cost less money than if the Amazon etc. sends it. Obviously it would be smart to get it from closest European country as possible so it won´t cost that much.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

sending

Post by Zgred »

Mr_Blues wrote:Why don´t you try to ask from someone who lives in Europe to buy and send that Blue Guitars to India? I´m sure that if civilian person sends it that will cost less money than if the Amazon etc. sends it. Obviously it would be smart to get it from closest European country as possible so it won´t cost that much.
True! =D>
You're right, that should cut down the cost severely.
Just I'm not sure if saying this loud is absolutely legal... ;)