The man The voice The guitar

I'm going to meet Chris !!!

Stop the presses
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by leila.wilson »

Mr_Blues wrote:
Stainsby Girl wrote:I'm tempted to scream out loud that 'Life's not fair!!" but you deserve it a lot more than most of us.
I can't say that i have any plausible dreams of meeting him.. i'm just not that lucky. But I am going to try my best to go see him live.
His last concert is a day before my bday. I'll be hitting a quater of a century.. so it's a big day for me. And if i can do it with his music ringing in my ears I can die happy..
Mysterious are the ways of Chris Rea music. I didn´t even know that people in India listen´s Chris, cool :) Hope you can enjoy your quarter of a century with Chris Rea music :) And who knows, maybe you will meet Chris someday, we all might have chance like that :)
Hey Tuna, did you have any luck with the poster?? Hope you get a ticket!!! When is the concert in India? Did you get my last mail? "Blue Guitars" is waiting
:lol:
Leila
Stainsby Girl
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Stainsby Girl »

Hi leila,
yes i got your email. :)
he's never going to play in india... i had dreams of it some time ago, but now that he's announced his last tour.. well all that's shot down the drain. but it's ok.. We'll find a way.

oh bart, you'll be surprised there are quite a few who know Chris rea in India. it's just that because of the vast population and disparity in living standards the percentage is minute. well even amongst the western music listeners the percentage is reallly small..
so it's sorta an exclusive club.

so enjoy your albums for I shall be getting mine soon enough!
cheers!
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Hello;
Stainsby Girl wrote: oh bart, you'll be surprised there are quite a few who know Chris rea in India.
well... it wasn't me that was surprised about the fans in India, but I think it was Mr-blues (no problem really). I know Chris has followers from over the world (for example many visitors write me from country's in south america and Australia). I gues internet is not so wide spread in India, so these fans can hardly get in touch with each other, correct ? I think it is very nice to have such a wide based fan club !! (altough I am very glad to live near Chris, and that he wil be touring in my country and neigbouring countries :wink: )
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Stainsby Girl
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Stainsby Girl »

ooppppssss!!
:oops:
sorry about that.. i just overlooked the name.

no internet is everywhere in India. it's just that Chris's music isn't really one to cater to the masses.
like in the west you'll find more fans of Pop music than of Jazz. it's basically the same equation. and of course the lack of exposure to that whole genre.
yes you're extremely lucky living in a country where he's (his music )is easily accessible. I'm just trying to figure out ways to get my hands on the album. i just checked the shipping costs on amazon are 28 pounds! that's nearly as much as the album!
so... but i'll find a way.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Stainsby Girl wrote:so Cheers Bart! I'd like to believe that you represented all of us..
I tried my best !!

My review is finally online !!

Photos wil follow later !!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Bart wrote: I tried my best !!

My review is finally online !!

Photos wil follow later !!
Well thanks for the review, it was nice thing to read :)

It would be nice if management of Chris would start to provide all the news for you. As we all know other sites does the updating way too late.
Official websites should do that on time. And Bart you are doing the best job around here.

Mr. John Knowles and other members of the staff, if you read this:
Give a Bart a chance to show you how things can work smoothly, this is the place where the fans of Chris are meeting. Thank you.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Stainsby Girl
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Stainsby Girl »

ok i'll admit, i managed to get my hands on a few tracks frm the first cd of the set.. infact i'm listening to it as i type and i'm going nuts.
it's like i'm bursting with immense joy inside.. i already love it.
and i don't know how to express it! i feel like i'll just burst with this feeling!
thank you Mr. REA!!

Great review Bart. it was like a suspence filled story only we knew the result. hehehe.. I can only imagine the emotions running through you when you were about to meet him. I'd have been getting stomach cramps with all the anxiety!

I can't wait to have my boyfriend hear this. he's an even bigger fan of the man.. i'm so excited!!!
:D
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

review

Post by Zgred »

And what was that?? The more I was reading this, the less I was liking this "management". Sounds like they just don't care for [EDIT: Please don't use this word] hard work that Bart is doing here, all the digging for news, what the hell is that news on Bart's site are more actual than those at the official site?! Look at that: NEWS & EVENTS - latest info dated June 2004. Hey, people, it's end of 2005 !!!!!! Losers. I see some fresh info now, maybe Bart gave them a kick where it hurts so they made some progress :mrgreen: let's see how long it would last...
What makes me mad, is that kind of approach - "I talked to him about the site many times" and "No, I don't know, tell me what's it about". ???!!!! I don't know how you Bart managed yourself not to call shouting this "manager" Knowles and ask him again, in the presence of Chris, what is this bulls**t he sells. I understand it was your first time with Chris, but there is a point speaking to him, that you are not insane fan that don't sleep at nights but only listens to "road to hell" - but you are the representation of strong, loyal fan gathering from, let's say, all the world. Yes... it's easy for me to talk like this, I now. Maybe I would say this to Chris, maybe not... also I could be too much affected by his presence - but while you (Bart) are not just fan, but also the creator of cool advertisement of Chris Rea, you deserved a little more respect than "you can talk now, and make it quick". What a crap... really got angry reading your review ;)
I don't speak of feelings you might had when sitting with him face to face, talking, etc. I'm sure you had problems with just going to sleep this day :D;)

Well, sorry for bad words and bad attitude but I just know that Chris could have more important or interesting things to do than reading this forum BUT he has management to do the dirty job!!! They meet the really hard-working person that does only good for them, and they treat him like some obsessious fan. Is it fair?! Certainly not. Please report to us Bart how they are acting, if they soon forget about you, we can at least try e-mail them frequently with exposing our displeasure with this disregard.

Howgh!
blueskev

Bart's Meeting

Post by blueskev »

I feel the same as Zgred; Chris's management suck. John Knowels comes across as an ar@e h$le on the stony road dvd and it's obviously accurate.
The official website is a waste of web space, if there was justice in the world then Chris would be paying Bart for his....

An angry Blueskev.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Stainsby Girl wrote:he's never going to play in india... i had dreams of it some time ago, but now that he's announced his last tour.. well all that's shot down the drain. but it's ok.. We'll find a way.
Hello. Why don´t you join with group of Reamaniacs in first gig here in Europe?? :)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: review

Post by Mr_Blues »

Zgred wrote:And what was that?? The more I was reading this, the less I was liking this "management". Sounds like they just don't care for [EDIT: Please don't use this word] hard work that Bart is doing here I don't know how you Bart managed yourself not to call shouting this "manager" Knowles and ask him again, in the presence of Chris, what is this bulls**t he sells.

Howgh!
Blueskev wrote:
I feel the same as Zgred; Chris's management suck. John Knowels comes across as an ar@e h$le on the stony road dvd and it's obviously accurate.
The official website is a waste of web space, if there was justice in the world then Chris would be paying Bart for his....

An angry Blueskev.
yeah, quite crazy sh.. this. Some respect for fellow human being.
Hope things will get better and managment starts to appreciate Bart´s effort.
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by leila.wilson »

Mr_Blues wrote:
Stainsby Girl wrote:he's never going to play in india... i had dreams of it some time ago, but now that he's announced his last tour.. well all that's shot down the drain. but it's ok.. We'll find a way.
Hello. Why don´t you join with group of Reamaniacs in first gig here in Europe?? :)
Hi Tuna, please think about this if it possible for you, would love to meet you in the flesh, and it will be a wonderful night. Can you get into the chat room Bart has set up, and hear all about it? Leila.
jwanzong
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Your meeting with Chris

Post by jwanzong »

I said once not to long ago that that wasn't much Chris could do that would turn me off to him. HOWEVER, after reading of your meeting with him Bart I was very annoyed and angry wth him and his management. I think Chris has forgotten that without us - the fans - the ones that spend out money on HIM!- his music making ventures would be nothing more than an expensive habit/pleasure. Of course, maybe that is how he wants it to be. Maybe he has made his fortune and could care less about the fans now. His demenaor and body language in the photos and film clip does not say 'HEY THANKS FOR COMING TO SEE ME and SUPPORT MY WORK!". It says to me more along the lines of "AH SHITE if you MUST have my picture just make it fast then get out of my way'. He makes NO effort to encourage, thank or repay his fan base and yet without us he would be no where! One of the reasons I like Chris is his lack of rock-star arogance but that does not mean I appreciate his ungratiousness and thanklessness. I get the feeling from his management that we are just in the way and are a nuisance. If I were you Bart I would have given them both a piece of my mind. They were rude to you, disrespectful and gave you the run around. That is bullshit! Has Chris ever publically acknowledged his fans and thanked them? EVER - ANYWHERE in an interview, in print or even through his management? Again, maybe he doesn't care and just wants to be left alone to make music for music's sake. If that is the case then maybe he should quit doing interviews and advertisement stints to PROMOTE his work. Either do it in the dark and for the sake of art only and quite the media B.S. -or- acknowledge that you need us fans to make your living and give us some credit and appreciation. Just you can;t handle the pressure of being a rock star Mr Rea does not make your fans a nusiance! We are still your paycheck in theend!!! I think the whole [EDIT: Please don't use this word] management team needs to get put on Prozac!

only-somewhat-of-a-fan-at-the-moment
Jennifer W
marcolino
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: Your meeting with Chris

Post by marcolino »

jwanzong wrote:I said once not to long ago that that wasn't much Chris could do that would turn me off to him. HOWEVER, after reading of your meeting with him Bart I was very annoyed and angry wth him and his management.
I'm tempted to agree with you, Jennifer, but I've learned at my expenses that is so, so difficult to understand which are the reasons of any people's behaviour. I'm employee in a public service, and still I have difficulties with unknown peoples, as I am a little shy. Nothing to do with that, is my character. Could this be the reason (or a similar one) for Chris (plus he could be tired after days of wandering up and down through Europe)? What I think about his manager John Knowles is totally different, he is not the kind of person I'd like to dinner with, though it is possible that this is the normal behaviour for all the so-called "managers". But not something I justify anyway.

Greetings
Marcolino
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by leila.wilson »

Stainsby Girl wrote:ooppppssss!!
:oops:
sorry about that.. i just overlooked the name.

no internet is everywhere in India. it's just that Chris's music isn't really one to cater to the masses.
like in the west you'll find more fans of Pop music than of Jazz. it's basically the same equation. and of course the lack of exposure to that whole genre.
yes you're extremely lucky living in a country where he's (his music )is easily accessible. I'm just trying to figure out ways to get my hands on the album. i just checked the shipping costs on amazon are 28 pounds! that's nearly as much as the album!
so... but i'll find a way.
Amazon,s postage costs are very expensive Tuna, so it might be worthwhile to look elsewhere. I have bought books, CDs DVDs from Amazon, and their postage costs can be ridiculously high. I thought if you purchased anything costing over £19.00 theywould send goods postage free? I got my "Blue Guitars" from them and I paid no postage!!! So that also might be worth looking into.

Take care. Leila.