[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/tmtvtg/ccore/cfiles/output_variables.php on line 73: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/tmtvtg/ccore/cfiles/output_variables.php on line 74: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/tmtvtg/ccore/cfiles/output_variables.php on line 75: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Chris will release brand new album 2010 ! - www.ChrisRea.nl

The man The voice The guitar

Chris will release brand new album 2010 !

Stop the presses
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Chris will release brand new album 2010 !

Post by Mr_Blues »

This is the best news that there is since last earbook.

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=5338693 ... ea&cat=all

Next year will be interesting, new album with the old record company.
Hopefully Chris can keep his head with them this time, as I don´t want him
sell himself again. I would be disappointed big time if he would go back to commercial
rock/pop genre.

Now, what this will be anyway? Do you think that Warner will let
Chris release Earbook or will it be just a regular album with 10 or so songs?

I would say it would be very stupid to do another rock/pop album, there
is no reason for that anymore. Chris has his new path with the blues and
I don´t want him go changing it by going back to 80´s and 90´s, it would be insane.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Tina3
Support
Support

Re: Chris will release brand new album 2010 !

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Mr Blues,
We have a "double take" on this one it seems :-))

[quote="Mr_Blues"]Now, what this will be anyway? Do you think that Warner will let
Chris release Earbook or will it be just a regular album with 10 or so songs?[/quote]

I would hope for an Earbook but I think it could be a regular album.I hope it will be blues something like Stony Road or Blue Guitars and not pop.Chris can sing pop it's just blues is better.I wonder will the very long awaited Autobiography be on sale too.
Looks like 2010 is shaping up to be a great year.I hope the new album will be out in time for his tour.Oh happy days!!
Tina :-))
Pick up the pieces and start again.
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Honestly, I have nothing against Warner as I liked albums like Auberge, I think Auberge and Espresso Logic are just as great as the Stony Road, just from a different side. But yes, I agree, I don't want Chris to "come to the valley of the rich, [him]self to sell" because that's what happens (he said). I care about his health more than I do about the hits.
But - yes - if they can really compromise - why not?
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hello to you all,

I still believe Chris could have lacked the support of a big record company, such a Warner Bros. or Universal, to secure a better sell of his last albums. The earbooks ware not cheap at all and were followed by two or three compilations. The big players (and there are only three of them) are mostly interested in generating numbers and less so in the artistic matters. The two earbooks published by Edel were obviously keepsakes. The WB, in my opinion, would push for a better marketing and publicity and they are very good at that. So, Chris - one way or another - would have to compromise. I hope he'll not hurt himself artistically in this process since he promised too many things (numerous earbooks in the pipeline, which were supposed to be "from now on only blues", his biography and such.) I, for one, was led to believe Chris had switched to blues and I should forget about him ever playing his old hits or going back to his "previous" style.
Best regards,
Chris
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

What i think what happened is this, (i am not in the record business so i am quessing) Chris had them (WB) invited and let them listen to the demo's (which to no surprise he must have a lot) and they were enthusiastic and made him an offer he can't refuse, and yes if the new album is as good as "Auberge" nobody can complain.

Further on WB as a company can take control over his website and make it more professional

just some thoughts
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Hi all,

maybe Warner can convince Chris to get him a good producer like Jon Kelly. I admire Chris as a singer and guitar player but imho he's not an outstanding producer.

The last albums sounded awful (technically speaking) and quite uninspired concerning the arrangements. I often listen back to records like "Dancing With Strangers" and I'm still amazed how Jon Kelly managed to sound this album (same with Auberge) so organic and warm (remember: DWS was released in the 80s!). So I'd wish for a record with some bluesy stuff but produced in a more lush and professional way.

REAgards,

Tobi
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

I totally agree with Toby. I thought I was alone to think that the last album was worse technically. We can't say, though, that Chris couldn't make it better as the Stony Road and The Blue Jukebox as well as two instrumental albums (Blue Street & Hofner Blue Notes) were perfect technically as well.
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

tobi777 wrote:Hi all,

maybe Warner can convince Chris to get him a good producer like Jon Kelly. I admire Chris as a singer and guitar player but imho he's not an outstanding producer.

The last albums sounded awful (technically speaking) and quite uninspired concerning the arrangements. I often listen back to records like "Dancing With Strangers" and I'm still amazed how Jon Kelly managed to sound this album (same with Auberge) so organic and warm (remember: DWS was released in the 80s!). So I'd wish for a record with some bluesy stuff but produced in a more lush and professional way.

REAgards,

Tobi
Yes, few last albums didn´t sound too good.
Sounds are steril and polished way too much, drums sounds sometimes almost like [EDIT: Please don't use this word] drum machines.
I would love to see Chris have raw sound of early electric blues bands from Wolf to Muddy etc.
I mean Chris has used the time to get all the old microphones and speakers etc (you can see that on Blue Guitars boxet) and yet he is recording stuff that really is all the same which microphones or speakers he has used as it doesn´t sound the way it should be. The sound should be nasty, raw and it should have some [EDIT: Please don't use this word] balls. I mean, Chris has that kind of a voice that he could drop as all down from the chair with right sounds.
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

This is a revelation !! Some compromise must have been struck I guess, because last time the wish was for a double CD and WB didn't like it, so he went down the Jazze Blues route. Of course all of this desire to get out there his own blues music could have hit him financially, so hence back witha commercial label ?

P.S Has anyone heard from Lily lately, she hasn't posted for a while and doesn't appear to respond to e mail, I hope she is well ?
could this be true, could this be me..
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

ace of hearts wrote:
P.S Has anyone heard from Lily lately, she hasn't posted for a while and doesn't appear to respond to e mail, I hope she is well ?
Hi all,

I've seen Lily commenting on the "other" CR's web page, the chrisrea.com, a couple of times, and certainly her absence from Bart's forum is noticeable.
Lily, where are you? Have you ever heard a nice instrumental tune called "Lily Was Here" played by Dave A. Stewart and Candy Dufler?
Best regards,
Chris
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Chris and Rich,

Rich, first of all, sorry I couldn''t answer your email, it doesn't seem to get through....
Email me on my youtube page if you will, (www.youtube.com/lilybee06, or lilybee4)
thanks for the info you sent me :-)

Chris, I'm fine, thank you :-) Super busy, just started another semester at college and this time with my two nieces on tow! They both got 5 year scholarships for college and moved in with us. Lots of fun doing all the girly stuff. My husband is outnumbered! :-))

I'm one of the lucky ones who got invited to see Chris at Bush Hall in September, and with a big effort from my family...I'm going!! Thrilled to be able to finally meet Chris and see him play live. There's one of my dreams come true :-)

Sorry I don't post here much, busy with school and family, I spend more time on Facebook these days.
Check out my page www.facebook.com/chris.rea

Cheers all!

Lily
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Lily,
Congratulations on being invited to the London show!
I think you deserved it for all your work for Chris as far as promoting his music in Internet. Besides (if I remember it correctly) you always wanted to fly to one of his concerts and I was one of those who suggested you should take a trip to Europe (oops!, to England, I should say?) to see him performing live. I guess I belong to the lucky few who could see Chris each time he embarked on a tour, either here in Warsaw or elsewhere.
I'm really happy you have been picked.
Best regards to you,
Chris
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Hi, lucky you Lily :D enjoy your visit to the UK. How did the draw work, was it from registered members on chrisrea.com?
could this be true, could this be me..
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

Hi Lilly

I am very green with envy that you get to see Chris live but am also very happy that you have been chosen to be there as your input and videos have meant that we all can get to enjoy a piece of Chris from the other side of the world.

I hope you have a great time and tell us all about it when its all over. Maybe one day I will get to see him live but I think I will have to travel to his part of the world to do that as I don't think he will come down under.

Just let Chris know that he is loved by us all and to keep producing the music. He is the greatest musician we have.

Vivienne
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

This topic has gone to wrong way, people are talking about something else than about this new up-coming album.
Start another topic or then go chat about gigs etc to chatroom.