http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Halri8xz1f0

Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Re: Anything new ?

Post by ace of hearts »

Thanks for the links, Chris looks so well, and the music sounds good too. Looking forward to 05/09 now !!
could this be true, could this be me..
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Now on Chris his website the video's. I can't make up which album i like the most. John Hiatt, Ry Cooder, Nick Lowe or Chris Rea.

What i do know is that Chris is the most ambitious in his music. Don't know how i come up with this but its a feeling. 1 Chris, 2 John, 3 Nick, 4 Ry. (if its important cause music ain't sports)

Ry Cooder gets 5 stars out of 5 from critics, calling it the best album from him ever. One can listen to the whole album here: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201 ... lusiv.html

bye
Chris Wastell
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by Chris Wastell »

Hey guys,

Must say I'm very excited for the 5th now when I shall hopefully arrive home to a present fresh from Rhino.

Just a little something I found whilst surfing the net looking at the youtube videos you all found,

I found some samples on amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Last-Open-R ... 301&sr=8-1

Enjoy / Avoid if you don't like sneak previews :)
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Yeah something new, interview. (in Dutch)

At the end a phrase that he will perform at Paradiso at the 11th of March and the 13th at Heineken Music Hall. Got me all cheered up and i was happy already. But at the same time in Belgium and the Netherlands is even for Chris too dificult a task! I still hope he's gonna perform again in Holland (Heineken Music Hall is not as intimate as Paradiso but ...sounds also great)

http://www.muziek.nl/page/magazinedetai ... to%20Blues

Bye
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Thank you for the article, even though it's in Dutch.
What stroke me though, is the Dutch release date for Santo Sprito: Sep. 3, 2011!
It's Saturday, if I'm not mistaken. Is there any particular reason to have it released on Saturday?
In other countries the release dates would be or are either/or on Monday, Tuesday or Friday (or on a given ((specific)) date, for instance: Wednesday, September 7, or Thursday, September 8 etc).
Take care,
Chris
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Chris,

If i am correct and the firm i buy the album (twice, with the package with movies and all) will deliver it on Friday the second. They already have it and send it on Thursday. I will leave a notice when i have it in the mailbox. But i think its definitely sooner as the 5th or as you wish the 3th.

When Chris came to Donkersloot in Amsterdam in 2005, i already had the Blue Guitars Box on Friday (Brutus record shop; does not excist anymore, not related with this) and listened to it all. I offcourse bought another two copies for me and my dad who went along. (with signing of Chris) Ok already have told about it, but its about the date when you get your hands on it.
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

I received my copy of Santo Spirito today in the mail in New Zealand. Actually it arrived here yesterday but I had to go to the Post Office to pick up the parcel.

Haven't had chance yet to look and listen to it all but am playing the CD of the Bull Fight and it is fantastic. Very moody and portrays the Spanish feel. I love it so far and am eager to listen to the other CDs and watch the two DVDs. He never fails to please.
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Well, one thing is certain. Your postal service is fast and reliable.
Congratulations!
Chris
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

My firm changed delivery to 2-4 days. Still jave the hope the first who ordered get it tomorrow. It must be a bull run LOL! for the package. Chris i do not have it yet.
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

I've read that Rhino is giving away tickets to a viewing in London on 5 September. If they choose me (if only) I'd be lucky to get there in time from NZ!! How do they choose who gets to go anyway?
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

You're never to old to dance!
HiredGun
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by HiredGun »

The music sounds fantastic. Quite dark... love it!!
"The eyes take on a certain gaze
And leave behind the springtime days
Go looking for the summer..."
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Thank you Ann for posting this link to the movie.
It's quite obvious to me that it's a biographical story.
Chris, as a child (in his imagination), being taken back to all familiar (from his father's tales) places in Florence, Italy.
He said in the into to the movie on Youtube that he's not (never was) too religious person, although he was raised RC, so certain things will stay with him for life. Then he admitted he believes in spirits thus this mysterious ("dark"), black and white movie illustrated with beautiful melodies.
Looking forward to the whole album.
Best regards to all,
Chris