The man The voice The guitar

Anything new ?

Stop the presses
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Anything new ?

Post by ann268 »

A very good review of album and projects and in dutch :)

http://www.nu.nl/cd-recensies/2606741/c ... blues.html

Ann
You're never to old to dance!
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

I found this review on BBC website that I like. I think that's more the way it really is in my opinion:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/reviews/44pn
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Elangelo, not too worried about throwing the club.

I don't think/wonder if you already have the box over there in Russia.

Those people; don't care if its the BBC, talking about our hero.

NO, everytime a cd comes out of Tom Waits or Ry Cooder its great, magnificent etc etc. Always the same path while i have a couple cd's of both and they are worse than worse. Excentric? don't make me laugh.

Look, if you don't like it well that's ok. But don't jump on the bandwagon. I myself do not think its his best work but the Soundtrack CD's are something different. Still have to see the movies, where the critic isn't even talking about it or like a sidestep.

There isn't much more to say but i like it when people join the discussion (after they heard the music (all of it).
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Mine has just been delivered, happy :)
could this be true, could this be me..
NSM69
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by NSM69 »

Got mine today from Amazon, just had chance to listen a couple of times to the main CD and once to the Santo Spirito soundtrack CD. Up to now i'm pretty underwelmed, the re-make tracks ( about 7 or so ) are at best OK , the totally new tracks are better. Why are there so many remakes ? Most of which were only released 6 years ago !?
Hope more listens will change my mind somewhat.
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

I think that he was pretty clear in his interview that was posted on Facebook a while ago - he didn't really care about the album, it was a side-project this time. The main thing was the movies. That explains that he just re-recorded older stuff from Blue Guitars and even RTHII, but it's also pretty obvious that most of the audience don't know/remember them anyway and they won't sound like re-makes to them.
The worst is gone....
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Electric guitar sounds like 'Joys of Christmas', anyone else ??
could this be true, could this be me..
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

Hi elangelo,

it does not matter to me that some songs are remakes from older stuff. In my opignion the songs have more power than the first releases. Maybe chris has concentrated on the films, but that is possibly the reason why the songs sound so good. The films are the main work this time but they are very special. So i have to listen to the cd and i love the songs. :D
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

I'm glad you do and that means that I'm wrong, which I would like to be. I just can't get away from those drums and synthsizers :lol:
The worst is gone....
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

Jusr read in a german interview that chris said that the cancer came back this year. Lets hope all the best for him.

Here you can read the whole text :

http://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/inh ... 26126.html
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Thanks for the link! I always wanted to know if the Blue Guitars really sold well. I think that 165 thousand copies is a great result! And after all, it's most important for me that he does what he likes to do. I don't think he should care about my opinion and my critisism. Really :)
The worst is gone....
tz5632
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by tz5632 »

Hi there,

I must admit I am a little bit disappointed - the new album is just boring. You can hear the influence of Joe Walsh in many of Chris' songs - especially on Electric Guitars which uses Joys of Christmas (heard before in the forum :)) nad sounds a lot like LIFE'S BEEN GOOD (by Joe Walsh). The best song is Money...the rest is heard many times before.

Ok - the soundtracks are good, but you don't have to get enthusiastic about them.

That'S my opinion about the new Boxset...good night
Tobi
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Yes... what I always kept saying (and some agreed with me) that the quality of recording and sound got worse recently and doesn't get better, even on the soundtracks you can hear it's pretty homestudio-like. :?
The worst is gone....
maece
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by maece »

Hi you all out of there,

what do you expect at all?Some totally new songs in new style ,maybe (who knows) for stumbling into the charts?Those days are far away.Back in the eighties or so.
Be happy to consume anything from that bluesy man who is straight on in his way of nevermore be a slave of any "normal cd-seller musician" just to satiesfied any pseudo-fan.
Be sure,we all doesn`t have to buy his products.
I`ll do,because I`m a slave of his music,his biography,his enthusiastic slidding guitar note.He is a part of my life since 25 years and i am so happy that he`s still alive and on the road.
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

I just rec'd my package from Rhino !!
I know what I'm doing tonight !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea