The man The voice The guitar

La Passione

Stop the presses
blueskev

La Passione

Post by blueskev »

A little bit of news, in German, can someone translate it properly? Using babel fish for a very rough translation, it appears that Chris has finally managed to buy the rights for the film from Warners and he is going to make a new version to be released in 2011 on September 10th which was the date of Von Trips's death.

http://www.rundschau-online.de/html/art ... 3559.shtml

Regards,
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Re: La Passione

Post by ace of hearts »

Hi Kev, to add I got this update kindly sent to me by Lily:-
"Hi Rich, it's been a while, hope you get to enjoy FL, preferably the East Coast? About Chris, the latest is he's doing a shorter remake of La Passione, and 2 other films. Plus there will be a tour in 2011, and the Autobio and new album are due sometime in September of 2011 as well, but not really confirmed just yet." :D
could this be true, could this be me..
bob baker
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: La Passione

Post by bob baker »

Hi from Basingstoke
Its nice to know so many regard La Passione as a fantastic piece of work. Lets hope Chris gets to know and thinks of trying to put it on. The Albert Hall in London would be a great venue. I know it would involve many musicians and an orchestra but what a venue to a go with this album and of course Shirley Bassey. Bring it on!!
So maybe one complete week so I am sure his many fans would travel across europe to watch it!!
Bob from basingstoke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: