Translator

Interview

Post by Jutta »

Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Interview

Post by Chris »

Thank you Jutta for posting this interview. I didn't know, for instance, his forefathers (on the Italian side of the family) were Sinti living in the mountains. It doesn't really matter to me. I was also surprised he spoke quite openly about (a possibility) of departing Great Britain (where he's only staying because his family is there). The answer to a question about the religious aspects was also interesting.
Will you be going to his concert near you?
Take care,
Chris
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

Jutta you are gREAt!!!!!!Thank you friend!!!
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Quite a candid interview !
Thanks for posting !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Post by Jutta »

Hi Chris and others,
no, I dont go to the concert, do you? I would prefer smaller places with a better atmosphere than the Festhalle in Frankfurt to see him. He once told that he dont like the sound in big concert halls. I am a bit dissapointed that they did not find another place.
What about the other places of the tour? Are you comfortable with it or dont you care about the setting?

Bye
Jutta
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Hi Jutta,
many of us would prefer a smaller venue and lesser known songs, but it's just not the way it works :)
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Post by Jutta »

You are right. Maybe I should stop dreaming ... :lol:
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Chris will perfporm at 11 march in Amsterdam. Venue Paradiso (by Leidseplein). I have been to the small room by concerts of for instance Tom Russell (I believe a couple of hunderd people). Chris is performing in the bigger room. Check out the site of Paradiso in the Netherlands and you can see how many or less people can attend a concert in that room. Its definitely smaller as Heineken Music Hall. So intimate and he plays with two keybord players. Sounds Bluesy to me or do you think he plays the whole evening churchmusic? :lol:
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Jutta,

A quick check: Festhalle max 13.500 visitors, Paradiso bigger room max 1.500 visitors.

Maybe worth a trainticket to Amsterdam or with your Audi, BMW, VW, Porsche or Mercedes. :D
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Jutta and all,
Thank you Jutta for your answer.
I would rather prefer attending Chris Rea concerts in small clubs or dance halls, somewhere in London, Munich, Amsterdam or what have you, but I understand his management must satisfy much larger groups of fans. Warsaw doesn't really have a descent concert hall, to begin with. The aging Congress Hall at the drab, stalinist "palace of culture and science" (what a name, still in use!) is completely out of place for these kind of gigs. The acoustic there is pretty lousy; the seats are not comfortable either. The other standard place, the "Torwar", is actually ... a skating ring used to host some concerts.
The best place for Chris in Warsaw would be the musical theater "Roma" at Nowogrodzka Street. That's the place where we have some musicals staged. Cesaria Evora performed there once. Paolo Conte played the "Polish Theater" (Teatr Polski) when he came to Warsaw, only once, in November 1997. The entire Italian population, not only from Warsaw but also from other Polish cities, came to see him there!
So, the possibilities are rather limited.
I already wrote several times that Chris played his first concert (as a matter of fact several gigs) in Poland back in 1979 at a local stadium in Szczecin (Stettin) to an estimated audience of some 3.000 to 3.500 people. I guess at the time he could easely fill a stadium or even two stadiums every day. That's why he performed then at mostly large audiences all over, including Germany.
As far as attending his concert on Sunday, February 5, 2012, at the Congress Hall, well I'm still thinking about it...
If I go there it would be purely out of my sympathy towards the Great Musician he definitely remains.
Take care,
Chris
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Chris, you sound a bit dissapointed in our (meaning all of us here) hero.

I think, if you go, you will be glad at and after the concert you did go, and not out of loyalty.

Nostalgy, it brings back the old days, which are often coloured by ourselves to good or worse. Most people talk about the good old days though.

It can be a great thing if you think back in 2022 or something about that great concert you attended back in the days (2012).

2012 can start worse.
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Well, as for me (I'm going), I just keep in mind that I like the way he plays live much better than the two latest studio albums, so it's not just respect but also an expectation to hear good music! :)
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

My only Chris Rea live concert was Bush Hall (500 people) in 2009 and I have to agree live he's truyly amazing !
I think if I had the chance to go I'd see him in any venue but I must agree some rooms are just bad for concerts.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Jim,

I am a fan, you are a fan, Chris in Poland etc etc.

I mean where is this discussion going to? Speaking for myself, i am glad to see him at stage and hopefully one can chat a little with the master. Jeeh, i a mean some artists really make a mistake to sell tickets at prices...... Chris Rea concerts are payable. You see your idol, favorite music....

No i don't like the picture on the wall or the one who checks my ticket? Or the soundsystem can be better (which is an justified acuse) They Line Up...all over sudden everybody is worried about Robert Awai!

Let 2012 not be the year of people who complain... i know i have to walk on eggs the rest of the year probably :lol:
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Hi, I am going to Harrogate (UK) and will really be looking forward to it.The capacity is 2000 and is sold out !!
See you there anyone who is going :)
could this be true, could this be me..