News, please!

Stop the presses
BlueMaranello
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

News, please!

Post by BlueMaranello »

Does ANYONE have ANY news???
I don't mean to bug, but this silence is so... unpleasant!
I'm sure many of you feel the same.
Sick of always checking chrisrea.nl, chrisrea.com and Chris Rea's fb page and finding nothing new, over and over again for what seems forever!
(I like George Harrison, but that picture of his is starting to get on my nerves, if you know what i mean.)
jlandon033
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: News, please!

Post by jlandon033 »

I know what you mean. I told my wife the other day that I was not going to "Google" Chris Rea for 30 days. She said you'll never make it. She was right. To say that Chris's web presence is disappointing is about as big of an understatement as one could make.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

I totally find this recognisble, I only discovered that Chris Rea Com was offline for a few days. I hoped it would mean some news... Nothing, disappointing, isn't it? We're maybe a bit spoiled by an artist who makes a lot os music and projects. Some of the biggies don't do albums or gigs for years, to name David Bowie... An new album but no shows.
Ann (who's still waiting) ;)
You're never to old to dance!
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

Today I wrote to the people that I have understood it manages marketing to Chris and told them to update the website, facebook etc.
Let's see if they answer lol
The last thing is that I have raced in Monza on 31 1 and 2

Greetings
BlueMaranello
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by BlueMaranello »

jlandon033 wrote:I know what you mean. I told my wife the other day that I was not going to "Google" Chris Rea for 30 days. She said you'll never make it. She was right.
Hahaa!
I dig that!
I have "Chris Rea" and "John Fogerty" google searches bookmarked and I check them out every day.
Mr Fogerty's much more frequently updating us on the news. We've been hearing about "Wrote Song For Everyone" for about a year or so... It turned out to be great!
But, I'm still googling Chris Rea regularly! He'll throw a 20CD edition in our faces anytime now!
Go (C)CR! :D
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

It is a little frustrating that there is no news about a future release/plans. He is at the Blues Fest gig in November, maybe we will get some news then. Chris has been this way for some time, only giving a short period of announcement then a release.
I'm really hoping for a new CD release, but of course it is rumoured he has been reworking 'La Passione' which doesn't overly excite me. Wait and see as always with Chris.
could this be true, could this be me..
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi Ace of Hearts!

I think it has (regrettably) become a coomon case - a long hibernation before an uncertain release.
It was the same in 2009 before Still So Far to Go and London Bush Hall one-off gig.
Sincerely hope there would come a light on this after Oct, 31. And the more I hope that there would be at least a couple of live surprises at the London Blues Fest by Chris.

BTW, could you please check my post here in another forum's branch: http://chrisrea.nl/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2570

thanks,
Andrey
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Hi,

Found something on a FB fansite dedicated to Chris, what he has been doing in 2013! Happy and healthy 2014!

http://www.latinquartermusic.com/en/index
Ann
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

thanks' for the info Ann !!
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

You're welcome Jim!
Ann
Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by Müfo »

Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Very interesting version !!!
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

Thank you Mufo!!!!gREAt hug
bluesun
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by bluesun »

I couldn't agree more, tis very quiet on the chris rea front, at the moment, like you have heard a few rumours, in studio working on album, seems quite a while since we have heard anything, come on chris put us out of our misery what's happening, anything
planned for this year ??..
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

I am really hoping for some news soon. The F1 season starts again soon, and Chris will be busy following his other passion, so I'm hoping he has got a load of new stuff recorded and ready to go. I know I heard he was reworking the La Passione movie, which I would find a bit disappointing, but hopefully new materiel too will be in the pipeline. Santo Spirito Blues was released 5th Sept 2011. It's quite a period to go quiet for. I know there was the tour after release, we all know Chris is prolific when writing songs, so here's hoping for something good in 2014, soon.
could this be true, could this be me..