The man The voice The guitar

'La Passione' 2 CD and 4 DVD earbook release 2015

Stop the presses
FLORENCE
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: 'La Passione' 2 CD and 4 DVD earbook release 2015

Post by FLORENCE »

More news on a release date for La Passione please?
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

None so far, keep track of his www.chrisrea.com or his official Facebook site. Everything is there as soon any news is released!
You're never to old to dance!
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi everyone here,

some news on the new remasters/reissues, posted in another forum branch: http://chrisrea.nl/community/viewtopic. ... 910#p12910

I duplicate it here just to make sure someone reads my messages...

best regards
Andrey
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

well, nothing new, not really anything new in the policy, but very irritating.
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi everyone,

there is a "new" interview about La Passione, uploaded on Feb, 24th, 2015 onto official youtube challel of AngellSoho Media Content and Production (http://angellsound.tv/), here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkxQ9CjTLfM

The description is a little puzzling: Short Audio snippet from the main interview we did in the late 1990s. Who - "we"? I assume AngellSoho is a channel of old Angell Sound company: http://angellsound.com/
But there is nothing on Chris Rea on either of their websites...

The interview is surely recorded in 1996 or 1997. First I thought it is a snippet from the well-known official "Making of La Passione" doсumentary, but it is not, it is audio only interview and is different, though Chris says nothing new (for me) in this snippet.

I gooogled a bit to find out if it is possible to get a full interview and who was the interviewer, but failed.
Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot and best regards
Andrey
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

I am beginning to think nothing is going to be released. Santo Spirito was released Sept 2011 !! It's 3 1/2 years since the last album, admittedly we had the tour last year, but to wait so long is getting frustrating. Since 2005 releases have been about every 3 yrs. So here's hoping for positive news soon. A Chris Rea release is always a highlight.
could this be true, could this be me..
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Some time ago I started thinking that it will come, but next year, possibly with a new Tour, which is the only thing I can think about. It seems weird though after the last Tour with the hints after the show, with "Coming soon"... and than seeing songs of La Passione. What can we do but wait and hope...
And enjoy all his old material, which is a huge catalogue.
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

End of the year release if not it´s not going to be 2016 release, summer is not usual time of releasing anything with Chris, right?
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Just my 2 cents MRB! Seems logical.
jlandon033
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by jlandon033 »

Hello all,

My views on Chris' present career path has been documented on this web/blog site. It's my opinion that he has become fixated on the Earbooks and movie paradigm to the determent of the music. Obviously I don't know all the back story behind the massive time in between releases but I can only assume that it is because he is having to box and weave to get the funding for his grandiose projects. Maybe it has taken this much time because he wants to get the La Passione project just right. Maybe the long awaited auto-biography will accompany the La Passione release. Maybe he has been sick again. Who knows? Essentially none of us know because the information pipeline for Chris Rea activity is non-existent. I can't say I understand (or like) the total lack of interest in creating a web presence for himself. I myself know very little about the this aspect of an artist. In general I'm don't have a clue whether an artist is responsible for creating their own web site or if the record company does it. Whoever's responsibility it is to do in my opinion is failing epically. At the end of the day as Ann 268 has pointed out the Chris Rea back catalogue is insanely huge so we do have that to enjoy and plow back though. As fans we have been treated to so much great music from Chris we get spoiled. So much so that sometimes I feel wrong for having this opinion of Chris and his current direction. He is certainly entitled to do what he wants to with the rest of his career and he doesn't need our permission. I will say that from a marketing standpoint it makes no sense for Chris to be this non-communicative with his current activity and plans. For the dyed in the wool Chris Rea freaks, like me, I will buy whatever he releases. For the casual Chris Rea fan Chris might not have much of an audience left when he gets around to finishing whatever project he is currently working on.

Joe
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

After his Farewell Tour he kind of retired and it seems to me, he does what he wants and what he likes and is able to. He dislikes promoting. So if it comes, this La Passione new style, it will come unexpectedly.
I still buy stuff I don't have yet. Sometimes I find a song which I never heard, and can dive into it.
And rediscover the elder albums. I love everything, exept the Road to Hell part two ;) Only some songs...
I always play his music when I'm home alone. Would like a new one too.

Anneke
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Hi Joe
Well put !!
I think we all have to accept he does things the way he wants to and just enjoy what he's given us !
Having said that PLEASE CHRIS JUST A LITTLE MORE !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
BlueMaranello
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by BlueMaranello »

Jim M wrote:Hi Joe
PLEASE CHRIS JUST A LITTLE MORE !
Jim
Little?
Chris doesn't do little! :D
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi everyone,

glad to see a kind of alive discussion here, finally, at least))

I do agree with Joe, that Chris has long since deserved his right to do whatever he likes to do, after all those years of hard work and releasing quite a bunch of great stuff, part of which is still undiscovered even by some real fans.

I also agree with Ann that Chris indeed sort of retired from general showbiz after 2006, just like he intended/promised to do, since he focused solely on arguably non-commercial box-sets/ear-books and made-at-home-all-alone studio recordings and does not care that much about changing the live sets he keeps on playing.

But for me the thing is me myself, just like may others here, I do not like what he does (wants to do) that much. Here are my thoughts about Chris's releases after "retirement": http://chrisrea.nl/community/viewtopic. ... 729#p12920

And after all I have to agree with Jim: yes, we still need a little more. At least what is promised (new La Passione). And we need it real bad. Joe is surely right saying Chris must want to finalize La Passione properly so it would not be a flop like the orginal movie and that is why it takes him so long.

best wishes
Andrey
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Did you guys know there is a movie made about the live of Enzo Ferrari?
It would be very neat if he music was made by Chris.

See:
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rober ... ovie-epic/

Anneke