The man The voice The guitar

'La Passione' 2 CD and 4 DVD earbook release 2015

Stop the presses
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: 'La Passione' 2 CD and 4 DVD earbook release 2015

Post by ann268 »

2 DVD's are included... At leasts according to Amazon UK.
Did I miss something MRB?
And the paintings he did, what I saw was great too.
Anneke
You're never to old to dance!
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi Tobi, Ann and others,

I can't help agreeing with some points Tobi puts forward.

- too little audio material on CDs
- disappointing number of outtakes included (I remember lots of short instrumentals in the film that are not on original CD or singles)

But I do not see much of a problem that Dame Shirley is not here again. Also, as I understood from the official English description on Amazon, the (reworked) original movie WILL be included along with some new clips and Von Trips footage, in which more new music is supposed to appear.

Thus, I am sitll rather positive about the forthoming release, though promotion is poor and hectic as usual.

And I do agree with MRB as well that the new all-original release is coming soon (Chris has talked about new works on Jools Holland show) and we do not have to wait the same long years!

best wishes
Andrey
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Hi all,

this is where I've got my information from:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ ... ne-deluxe/
Neither DVD contains the actual movie. The first has re-edited original and new short films to complement the music along with an interview with Chris between each piece.
I hope they are wrong :(
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Hi All,

Yes, that isn't really something that makes one happy... :(
But it was an article that was just after the announcment. I really didn't get wiser from the relative poor interviews (nothing really new from the interview with Jools Holland, although I enjoyed the Gene Vincent cover).
Somehow rumours are there that he's working on "Blues" again, just from fans. Mostly it contains some truth.
Lets hope for a release within a year and a Tour would be awesome, but it won't be a Passione Tour.
That much is clear from that raceprogram interview.
Well lets hope that UK people can tell us what they think after the release tommorow.
I think it will be a small week before I get my copy from Amazon.

Anneke
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

tommorow it will be released, but I will wait some reviews before buying it, not in so big hurry with it.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

If you're unsure you like it what's the rush... I happen to love the old one, don't have all music, so it's welcome.

I even read that Chris has been making music in Mirabeau, France again, in the Studio.
God knows what to believe. Mostly there is some thruth in this. And an album in 2016?
Let's keep our fingers crossed for such a treat!
Anneke
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

And it is again slowed down, another 14 days to wait, see www.ChrisRea.com.
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

tobi777 wrote:this is where I've got my information from: http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ ... ne-deluxe/
Neither DVD contains the actual movie. The first has re-edited original and new short films to complement the music along with an interview with Chris between each piece.
I hope they are wrong :(
Hi again Tobias,

I assume they are wrong or just unclear. They say "not the actual movie but re-edited original", which means, most probably, that the original 1996 cut is not included, only the reworked version, but all in all the film is on!

I think we can rely on the text on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Passione-Bonus- ... B01544QYZ6
... Originally released in 1996, this brand new version of 'La Passione' has been lovingly put together in the way it was originally envisioned by the artist - who was always unhappy with the version released due to different creative visions between him and the label. ... New music and visuals have been recorded to accompany the originals." Adding, "The new musical pieces were original orchestral scores that had been left out of the original and reworking 'La Passione' gave the opportunity to record them and add them into the overall package. The visuals were filmed at historic locations such as Montlhery Autodrome in South Paris featuring a 1960's Ferrari GTO and at Monza in Italy." .... DVD 1 is: Re-edited original & new short films to complement the music along with an interview with Chris between each piece. ... Also included on DVD 1 are new pieces on the Dino and GTO Ferrari's with new soundtracks to each. DVD 2 - Documentary on Wolfgang Von Trips
For the audio material, I hoped that Chris would include some non-album songs, either cars-related or just sounding right within La Passione atmosphere, written at the time of La Passione in progress (1993-97): Jordan 191, I Thought I Was Going to Lose You (both from 1993 Julia CD single), Saudade (originally released on Senna TV documentary in 1994), Nicolette (from The Blue Cafe CD single / Schimanski TV series), It's in the Smile & Before I Go (which ended up in Parting Shots film, but orchestration make me think of them as La Passione leftovers). I also think that Summer Love and She Closed Her Eyes, released on Espresso album, were originally planned for La Passione as well.

I can only think that such inclusion was not possible to the heavy constraints Warner Bros. put on Chris's use of the old material (the same with Shirley Bassey songs absence).

By the way, I liked your self-composed tribute to Chris, Formentera'86, very much! Sounds authentical, though very close to such Chris's tunes as No Wro Today, And When She Smiles, Bless Them All and other mid-80s instrumentals.

best wishes
Andrey
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Now what on earth they are still waiting there??? Seems like the product is ready, so why the delay? Insane....
ann268 wrote:And it is again slowed down, another 14 days to wait, see http://www.ChrisRea.com.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

According to his official FB:
LA PASSIONE UPDATE: We are sorry to announce that distribution of La Passione pre-orders are unfortunately delayed. This is due to a manufacturing issue, currently out of our control. The new date for delivery is now Friday 20th November. Again, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

I hope the November date is right. I've just had this e mail from Amazon stating December !

We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

Chris Rea "La Passione (Bonus DVD)"
Estimated arrival date: December 19 2015

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.
could this be true, could this be me..
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

www.chrisrea.com shows a new counting clock, let's hope it won't be set back again ace of hearts...
I had no emails from Amazon yet.
Anneke
poolie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by poolie »

Just my take on what the "reworked" version of the film might be. I attach a Youtube clip from the original release where Chris says the original intention was for him to have a narration link between each piece of music and I suspect that is what we will get ie none of the original film but the music as it was intended with audio links to them. Of course I might be well wide of the mark with my thinking.
The Youtube link below with Chris giving his thoughts on his original idea for La Passione about 3.04 into the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEcjziIooTQ

Poolie
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

poolie wrote:...Chris says the original intention was for him to have a narration link between each piece of music and I suspect that is what we will get ie none of the original film but the music as it was intended with audio links to them.Poolie
I tend to agree with John on his logical assumption about the format of the reworked La Passione video. This explains very well why in the annoncements and interviews there is not a word about the old film's plot because there is no that plot any more! And this is why Shirley is not on the CDs and the boy Jo Maldini and his father are not on the cover with Von Trips - because they do not appear in the new film. This way the old film remains authentic and worth seeing along with the reworked film. I do not know whether it was one of Chris's aims, but for me it is not that bad (as I love the old La Pasione very much). We will just get the new video accompanying the old (and some new) music while the old film and sountrack remain authentic.

By the way, Chris's twitter says the TV interview from Abbey Road will be aired today! (but the time is not given...) https://twitter.com/StephenFoz/status/6 ... 28/photo/1

best regards
Andrey
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

This will be aired in Suffolk only and sadly no podcast!

I got this morning an email that the release has been delayed again:
Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

Chris Rea "La Passione (Bonus DVD)"
Estimated arrival date: December 19 2015

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched, at which time we'll send you an e-mail to confirm the payment details, estimated delivery date, contents and method of delivery.

If the order won't arrive by the time you need it, you can cancel the order or an individual item from your order by visiting Your Account, and viewing the order details. As long as the item hasn't entered the dispatch process, you'll be able to cancel it.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Well I hope it will be here for X-mas.

Anneke