ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Chris Rea on BBC Radio 2 today

Post by ace of hearts »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b079d67r

Chris Rea
Simon Mayo Drivetime

Chris Rea joins Simon to talk about his new old project 'La Passione'. Originally released in 1996, La Passione is a drama film about the racing driver Wolfgang von Trips, written and produced by Chris Rea himself, directed by John B. Hobb

If not in the UK and BBC i player does not work, then I would recommend the tunein radio app for tablets and phones to listen.
could this be true, could this be me..
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Chris Rea on BBC Radio 2 today

Post by ann268 »

Thanks, was about tp post the same link, 2nd hour of the show!
I enjoy it!
You're never to old to dance!
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Why on earth this publicity for project released 6 months ago, originally 1996 ??

Bring on the new music already! :)
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

MRB wrote:Why on earth this publicity for project released 6 months ago, originally 1996? Bring on the new music already! :)
Hi MRB! I think you should probably be less demanding and more understanding ))) This project is like a 3rd daughter to Chris. He put so much of his life and soul in it and evidently he wishes to make it right in the end and to make it percepted properly.

Moreover, he may have some certain obligations with Warner and Von Trips Foundation for publicity and other things. Anyway, he tells a lot of amazing stuff in these interviews, that I never heard from him before, he mentioned the forthcoming blues project in some earlier interviews and now that he said there may be a new tour towards Christmas.

Thus, I suppose he is pretty forgivable for his La Passione obsession. Maybe this is because I always loved the La Passione thing, which has been an alien thing to many others.

Best regards
Andrey
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

A link to the interview -

https://youtu.be/z6iZNhu60L4

:-)
could this be true, could this be me..
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

But why now, why not 2-3 months ago? Point of news value it would have been more relevant months ago.
andrew fischer wrote:[
Hi MRB! I think you should probably be less demanding and more understanding ))) This project is like a 3rd daughter to Chris. He put so much of his life and soul in it and evidently he wishes to make it right in the end and to make it percepted properly.

Moreover, he may have some certain obligations with Warner and Von Trips Foundation for publicity and other things. Anyway, he tells a lot of amazing stuff in these interviews, that I never heard from him before, he mentioned the forthcoming blues project in some earlier interviews and now that he said there may be a new tour towards Christmas.

Thus, I suppose he is pretty forgivable for his La Passione obsession. Maybe this is because I always loved the La Passione thing, which has been an alien thing to many others.

Best regards
Andrey
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

There is an assumption/rumor he had to postpone certain interviews, initially scheduled for late 2015 due to some health issues - remember, he says he has to have an operation each 18 months on average. In one of the latest interviews he claims he had (a part of) his kidney removed recently. He was racing in March already, so he was okay by then, but nothing was heard from him from November to February. I guess there was no possibility to do several interviews all in one day (as he now seems to prefer to do) earlier than April-May. But due to contractual obligations he had to do these publicity acts.

What is your guess?

Best regards
Andrey
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Hi Andrey,

Can't remember exactly when interviews were announced on Social Media and later the announcements were gone. But they were there. I've seen it on Twitter. And now out of nowhere it seems the interviews are done.
I agree with you there might have been health issues.
Small link a small newspaper article:
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... s-11326928

Good night.
You're never to old to dance!