The man The voice The guitar

NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Stop the presses
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Post by ann268 »

I know some artists use different labels for example for Dvd's...maybe it's part of a deal like that. Just thinking, no proof.
Clapton has different labels for records and Dvd's for example. (Old commitments).
And indeed cannot find evidence either. I checked Amazon.de seems the same label to me.
You're never to old to dance!
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Hi all, has there been anything new in the newspapers or magazines about new album? Or is there any news about a chance to hear next single anytime soon, maybe in UK radio ?
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

managed to find new info which I have not seen before:

ALBUM : 1 disque - 12 pistes Durée totale : 00:58:19

1 Happy on the Road 00:03:46
2 Nothing Left Behind 00:05:29
3 Road Songs for Lovers 00:04:13
4 Money 00:05:57
5 Two Lost Souls 00:04:46
6 Rock My Soul 00:04:07
7 Moving On 00:05:10
8 The Road Ahead 00:04:16
9 Last Train 00:06:33
10 Angel of Love 00:04:29
11 Breaking Point 00:05:53
12 Beautiful 00:03:40

So, almost full 60 minutes of music.

http://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/road-s ... 0538307252

other thing is that New York based record label The End Records lists Chris on its artist list, also has news about new album, http://theendrecords.com/
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Hi MRB,

I bought the single and saw this some time ago on iTunes.
A lot of his albums appeared btw also on Spotify now. Just for those who might interest that.
Sadly no information on other things, interviews, only some information on race activities. I donnot know how to share, but see all major fan groups on Facebook.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

A little experiment. Can you see them:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

ann268 wrote:A little experiment. Can you see them:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
yes, it works, saw them earlier though
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

official Facebook page has "generous" 10 second snippet of new song from album called "Nothing Left Behind". now song does sound nothing like first single, old style which has not been heard in years.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

I like it, that voice has changed!
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

official Facebook page says that there is new snippet of a song "Road Songs For Lovers" coming later this week. hopefully it would be something like 30 seconds instead of the 10 seconds which previous track was.
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

I'm a bit old fashioned. I Want the album to be a whole surprise other than the one released song. It use to be great to put an album on and have 10 or 11 brand new songs, never heard, to be excited about and give a thrill.
That way you could turn off from the world for 45/50 minutes and discover what one of your favourite artisits had been producing for the the last year or so.
The modern way seems to be that the whole album has nearly been heard before it is out for sale.
could this be true, could this be me..
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Hardly whole album if you hear 10 second samples and one full single before album release :) Also things are changed for good in this matter as well as in with many other things in general, no going back. I like to hear samples and I would listen full album too if it will be possible before release. Will get the album of course too, does not change my point of view on it if I hear it before I get the actual album.
ace of hearts wrote:The modern way seems to be that the whole album has nearly been heard before it is out for sale.
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

MRB wrote:Hardly whole album if you hear 10 second samples and one full single before album release :) Also things are changed for good in this matter as well as in with many other things in general, no going back. I like to hear samples and I would listen full album too if it will be possible before release. Will get the album of course too, does not change my point of view on it if I hear it before I get the actual album.
ace of hearts wrote:The modern way seems to be that the whole album has nearly been heard before it is out for sale.
Hi. You are right in all you say. Obviously I've pre ordered the album which isn't something you could do before. Also there is no going back. It's a digital world and we have to accept that. I guess the snippets are aimed at floating buyers who will be tempted to buy.
I'm excitex5by every Chris Rea release and yearn for the magic of the first listen.
could this be true, could this be me..
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Good morning,
First they showed parts of lyrics.
I rather have snippets, because the 2nd snipped was really short, but sounded good.
So let's hear some more. The wait is still long.
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Snippets are good way to rise interest specially when the music seems to be good. when music is not so good it can hurt the sales.

Anyhow will get this album no matter what, time to get proper new music and not greatest hits, remakes or them home studio recordings.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

I second all similar feelings about the new album. I expect a brand new album with all new songs; "new sound", "never heard before" etc., from Chris, but I realize that a musician always picks up his 'old' sound and elements from previous recordings and his musical trends. They are coming back to him like boomerangs.
I don't understand this game with releasing only a snipped from a song just to create an appetite for a whole song. I would prefer a single or two singles at first, so I could pay and download them to my phone. Also, knowing what Chris Rea went through in his life, I'll take anything he still manages to record for us.
The magic of the first listen will still be there, I'm certain of that. In the "good old days" everything was so simple: I would go to a store to buy a new album (LP), then I would come back home as soon as possible, rip the cellophane wrap, smell the fresh vinyl and lay the LP on the turn table to listen to the new music with excitement.
Best regards to all.
Last edited by Chris on 26 Jul 2017, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.