The man The voice The guitar

NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Stop the presses
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Re: NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Post by MRB »

Breaking Point snippet is out now. Really can't say much about it at this point. Must be first seconds of the song, no telling which way it will go from there.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

For those who are not on Facebook, another interview:
http://www.cetusnews.com/life/Chris-Rea ... VPzjW.html
You're never to old to dance!
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Thanks, did not see this on Facebook.

One huge mistake is that it says Rea's dad had a coffee bar, when it was ice cream place, well.....
ann268 wrote:For those who are not on Facebook, another interview:
http://www.cetusnews.com/life/Chris-Rea ... VPzjW.html
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Interesting week, will we get actual album before friday's last snippet titled as "Beautiful"?? :)
I really do hope that pre orders does not mean something like shipping them on a release day which means albums are coming next week!!
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Hi MRB,

Maybe they had coffee in wintertime, icecream you can't life on that the whole year around?
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

It is ice cream factory: http://www.reasices.co.uk/
ann268 wrote:Hi MRB,

Maybe they had coffee in wintertime, icecream you can't life on that the whole year around?
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

I still haven't got a confirmation they send the packages out from the Artistshop.
It's impossible to get in, they have an overload says the page/site.
So we won't have it in on Friday. (ordered at 19 June....
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Dammit, there has been months to organize shipping the way that customers will get their albums on a day when it is released. Just lousy planning if the albums don't come on friday or even day before to make sure people get them on time. Shame on record company!
ann268 wrote:I still haven't got a confirmation they send the packages out from the Artistshop.
It's impossible to get in, they have an overload says the page/site.
So we won't have it in on Friday. (ordered at 19 June....
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

MRB wrote:Dammit, there has been months to organize shipping the way that customers will get their albums on a day when it is released. Just lousy planning if the albums don't come on friday or even day before to make sure people get them on time. Shame on record company!
I am now almost sure that the BMG in this case is really just a label with a big name and nothing more since it is all the same story as it was before with all the Jazzee Blue releases and even worse, nothing like Warner did in the 90s, even with the least well-selling albums like TRTHp2. It is just like in the car world - sometimes a cheap car is sold under a 'big" name without any actual improvements regarding this big name - Dacia cars being sold under Renault label or Daewoo Motors - as Chevrolet.
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Could log in later in the afternoon at the Artistshop, my staus is "Active"".
That means "Your order still has pending items that need to be processed and shipped." So no progress.
And that is where you pay in Juny your money for :(

Update:
Please note pre-orders are only shown as shipped on day of release for official purposes, they are generally shipped the day before release.
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi Anneke,

it may be because you prepaid for a "signed" copy and that is why you have to wait while the non-signed copies may be already on their way to those who put pre-orders later. I recall it was the same with signed bundles of Still So Far to Go in 2009 - the 350 signed items were shipped only after Chris had a chance to sign them all, so it must be the same with these first 500 copies which you pre-ordered as "signed".
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

I went to a local multimedia store here and I was assured "we'll have the new CD by Chris Rea this Friday", so let's see if this will come true. I'll just go to the store to pick up my copy.
The pre-ordering - in my opinion - is just a way to probe the market: how many copies to print and whether there's an interest in it at all. Of cause they provide an incentive or two (such as the signed copy or a poster by Chris) but otherwise I wouldn't count on any "special delivery" or an "ahead of time copy in the mail" etc.
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

I have experience for getting pre ordered album few days before actual release day. That is actually nice thing to do for true fans who are buying music by pre ordering. Only makes sense to serve pre orders first, people pre ordering are putting their money out first after all.
Chris wrote:I wouldn't count on any "special delivery" or an "ahead of time copy in the mail" etc.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Oh well, perhaps the pre-ordered items would be for too many days in the mail for me? I have no clue. But ever since they've moved the Amazon shipping facilities from Germany - East, everything ordered through them is being expedited from here.
Take care,
Chris
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Hopefully somene just forgot to update system status for albums as sent and they are in their new homes tomorrow :D

EDIT. Now status is as "AWAITING DISPATCH" so no chance getting album this week :(

EDIT 2. Now status is Complete ! But there is no chance to get order to other country for tomorrow! :(