Favorite CD ....

Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Favorite CD ....

Post by Bart »

I was just listening to the samples of the new album

(all 137 available at:
http://www.chrisrea.nl/discography/cont ... uitars.php )

and I REAlised something...

With other artists (and till now, also with Chris) people always discuse what is the favorite CD of their whole carreer (most artists make only 10 studio albums in their whole carreer!)...

From "now" (okay, just a few nights sleepin') on we can discuse what's the favorite CD of ONE release !! :wink: :wink:

From what I have heard from these short samples, I think I am going to like CD6 "Texas blues"... I have been playing "The American Way" over and over again ....
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Favorite CD ....

Post by Mr_Blues »

bjongen wrote:I was just listening to the samples of the new album

(all 137 available at:

With other artists (and till now, also with Chris) people always discuse what is the favorite CD of their whole carreer (most artists make only 10 studio albums in their whole carreer!)...

From "now" (okay, just a few nights sleepin') on we can discuse what's the favorite CD of ONE release !! :wink: :wink:

From what I have heard from these short samples, I think I am going to like CD6 "Texas blues"... I have been playing "The American Way" over and over again ....
My favorite at the moment is CD11, which is that 60`s/70´s cd. There´s some cool tracks like "Heartbreaker" and "Waiting for love" to name a few :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
pam
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by pam »

bjongen wrote:I was just listening to the samples of the new album

(all 137 available at:

I haven't listened to EVERY sample yet, but so far CD3 sounds like my favourite. CD8 seems to have a Tamla Motown sound on some tracks (Chris alludes to the Motown sound on some older albums). I also like the 60s/70s blues on CD11.

Pam

:roll:
Could it be just that I'm crazy
Could it be the way I feel

Post by Guest »

This is a very difficult question. At the moment I like album 3(Louisiana & New Orleans) and album 9(Celtic & Irish Blues) the most.
I also love the integration of some of his older work... like 'Nothing to Fear' and 'Espresso Logic' on the first two tracks of the Celtic/Irish blues album.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Anonymous wrote:I also love the integration of some of his older work... like 'Nothing to Fear' and 'Espresso Logic' on the first two tracks of the Celtic/Irish blues album.
Yeah, I noticed those also. Kind of a cool I think :)
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by 1981 »

The 'Guest' member was me.
I already have two favorite standout tracks: 'Last Call'(Blues Ballads) and 'Big White Door'(Celtic & Irish Blues).

Overall, this magnum opus is an overwhelming blues odyssey.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

[quote="bjongen"]

How about what would be the favourite song on each album so that you would take one from every cd and make one cd from it??

Here´s mine :) (i´ve heard only the short samples so far so my list is based on that)

The King Who Sold His Own - CD1 BEGINNINGS
Can’t Stay Blues - CD2 COUNTRY BLUES
One Night With You - CD3 LOUISIANA AND NEW ORLEANS
Hobo Love Blues - CD4 ELECTRIC MEMPHIS BLUES
Lone Star Boogie - CD5 TEXAS BLUES
All Night Long - CD6 CHICAGO BLUES
I Love The Rain - CD7 BLUES BALLADS
Call On Me - CD8 GOSPEL SOUL BLUES AND MOTOWN
Lucky Day - CD9 CELTIC AND IRISH BLUES
Sun Is Hot - CD10 LATIN BLUES
Waiting For Love - CD11 60s / 70s

Some choices are so [EDIT: Please don't use this word] hard, these came out as a result of how I feel at the moment while listenning these samples. Some other time I could feel a whole different :)
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by 1981 »

Mr_Blues wrote:
bjongen wrote: From "now" (okay, just a few nights sleepin') on we can discuse what's the favorite CD of ONE release !! :wink: :wink:

How about what would be the favourite song on each album so that you would take one from every cd and make one cd from it??

Here´s mine :) (i´ve heard only the short samples so far so my list is based on that)

Some choices are so [EDIT: Please don't use this word] hard, these came out as a result of how I feel at the moment while listenning these samples. Some other time I could feel a whole different :)
Quit listening to the samples. In pure audio most of them sound better and powerful... there are a lot beauituful gems.
At the moment 'Immigration Blues' is a very relaxed song.
But for the moment 'Celtic & Irish Blues' is my favorite... a sort of return to the classic Chris Rea.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Daniel Raedts wrote: Quit listening to the samples. In pure audio most of them sound better and powerful... there are a lot beauituful gems.
But for the moment 'Celtic & Irish Blues' is my favorite... a sort of return to the classic Chris Rea.
Well, while I haven´t got that Blue Guitars yet I gotta keep listenning those samples if I feel that I gotta listen some new material of Chris.
Anyhow, I should get Blue Guitars during next week, so the samples are no longer on my playlist soon :)

About the Celtic & Irish Blues cd, that might not be the favorite one for me, although it´s great too, no bad cd on Blue Guitars :)
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Daniel Raedts wrote:
Mr_Blues wrote:
bjongen wrote: From "now" (okay, just a few nights sleepin') on we can discuse what's the favorite CD of ONE release !! :wink: :wink:

Quit listening to the samples. In pure audio most of them sound better and powerful... there are a lot beauituful gems.
I have only heard one of the Celtic tracks on the radio and it reminded me a lot of his early stuff.

The amazon samples don't work on our mac, got to order Blue Guitars before I go mad reading about it here!! :D :D
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

blueskev wrote:I have only heard one of the Celtic tracks on the radio and it reminded me a lot of his early stuff.

The amazon samples don't work on our mac, got to order Blue Guitars before I go mad reading about it here!! :D :D
well what you´re waiting for, order it today :D
I´m getting my copy on next week, can´t wait :)
irhut
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Album Order

Post by irhut »

Hello all,

I am a man who is very unpopular with his family at the moment, because I am spending all my time listening to Blue Guitars! I have fallen in love with the man’s music all over again, which is wonderful. I have attempted to put all 11 albums in order of preference. I have only listened to each one 3 times so this will definitely change, but this is how it stands at the moment.

1. Celtic and Irish Blues
2. Country Blues
3. Beginnings
4. 60's and 70's
5. Chicago Blues
6. Louisiana and New Orleans
7. Electric Memphis Blues
8. Gospel Soul Blues and Motown
9. Latin Blues
10. Texas Blues
11. Blues Ballads

I have actually found it quite difficult to get into Blues Ballads, just haven’t found the right mood for it. Has anyone else noticed the mistake made in the book for the 60's and 70's lyrics, or is it just my book?

Anyway I will continue to annoy my family by listening to them all again!

Cheers
COLB-UK
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Re: Album Order

Post by COLB-UK »

irhut wrote:Has anyone else noticed the mistake made in the book for the 60's and 70's lyrics, or is it just my book?
What is the problem with your book Ian,

Let us know & we can see if ours is the same
REAgards
To all Chris Fans
COLB-UK
"When the evening shadows fall
See them turning to the darkest violet blue".
irhut
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by irhut »

It is the numbering of the songs on the lyrics page of 60's and 70's (Page 54). Basically it misses out number 3. So the song My Baby Told Me in my book is track 4 and should be track 3. The last two songs - Waiting for Love and Blue Morning in the Rain are both numbered 15!

Cheers
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

irhut wrote:It is the numbering of the songs on the lyrics page of 60's and 70's (Page 54). Basically it misses out number 3. So the song My Baby Told Me in my book is track 4 and should be track 3. The last two songs - Waiting for Love and Blue Morning in the Rain are both numbered 15!

Cheers
I got the same thing with my version of Blue Guitars