The man The voice The guitar

Blue Guitars - The Perfect Sound and Vision Package

Bluejukebox
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Blue Guitars - The Perfect Sound and Vision Package

Post by Bluejukebox »

Hi all - my mother sent me Blue Guitars as a belated birthday present because she isn't well and hadn't the energy to sort anything out at the time. I received this morning and am working my way through CD one - Beginnings. The first thing that caught my attention is the absolutely fantastic packaging. It's been well thought through and the paintings are amazing - I heard Chris say on a recent Johnnie Walker interview that he is an apprentice painter - no way, I think he has excelled. Only on 'The King who sold his own' and I am totally in love with the project already. I knew it was going to be good from the low-quality samples I listened to online but this beats all expectations. Totally Chris and totally fab. The guitar work is stunning, the lyrics are very thought-provoking and the chants are quite haunting. You can certainly hear Sylvin Marc's influence on some of these early tracks. On the basis of what I've heard so far - if you haven't bought it yet - what are you waiting for? This will be one of the best things Chris has ever done and as he says himself about having an epitaph if the worst happens - well I think this will definitely be a strong contender for that. But here's hoping that doesn't happen for a long time yet.
Jack Claridge
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Blue Guitars - The Perfect Sound and Vision Package

Post by Mr_Blues »

Bluejukebox wrote:Hi all - my mother sent me Blue Guitars as a belated birthday present because she isn't well and hadn't the energy to sort anything out at the time. I received this morning and am working my way through CD one - Beginnings. The first thing that caught my attention is the absolutely fantastic packaging. It's been well thought through and the paintings are amazing - I heard Chris say on a recent Johnnie Walker interview that he is an apprentice painter - no way, I think he has excelled. Only on 'The King who sold his own' and I am totally in love with the project already. I knew it was going to be good from the low-quality samples I listened to online but this beats all expectations. Totally Chris and totally fab. The guitar work is stunning, the lyrics are very thought-provoking and the chants are quite haunting. You can certainly hear Sylvin Marc's influence on some of these early tracks. On the basis of what I've heard so far - if you haven't bought it yet - what are you waiting for? This will be one of the best things Chris has ever done and as he says himself about having an epitaph if the worst happens - well I think this will definitely be a strong contender for that. But here's hoping that doesn't happen for a long time yet.
Hello :)

You´re absolutely right :) I´ve been listenning first 4 cd´s couple of times and now it´s disc number 5 going on. Of course I gotta get back to these first cd´s to really understand the music from the every angle, note and piece or lyric.

I dare to say that this is the best work Chris is ever done, from how many old timers you can say that? Almost everyone of these old timers doesn´t even do a proper albums anymore.

Chris is the best :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
COLB-UK
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by COLB-UK »

Received my copy this morning.

As most of you already know I have to wait till Christmas for my copy.

Dont mind too much as there are a pair of tickets for the Liverpool Philly' for next April.
Front row seats again, this time against central isle so I will let my wife have her little game & wait till Christmas. I waited over 2 years for new material from The Man I can wait a couple more months. :wink:
REAgards
To all Chris Fans
COLB-UK
"When the evening shadows fall
See them turning to the darkest violet blue".
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

COLB-UK wrote:Received my copy this morning.

As most of you already know I have to wait till Christmas for my copy.

Dont mind too much as there are a pair of tickets for the Liverpool Philly' for next April.
Front row seats again, this time against central isle so I will let my wife have her little game & wait till Christmas. I waited over 2 years for new material from The Man I can wait a couple more months. :wink:
You are one tough guy when you can hold yourself down even though the box is in the same house and you can wait the opening until Christmas :)
Well, it´s gonna be your best Christmas ever, I can tell you that :D
COLB-UK
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by COLB-UK »

Mr_Blues wrote: You are one tough guy when you can hold yourself down even though the box is in the same house and you can wait the opening until Christmas :)
Well, it´s gonna be your best Christmas ever, I can tell you that :D
Not so tough,
Screamed, stamped my feet, cried like a 2 year old, till I got my own way. :wink:

Now just saving the music to PC so I dont damage the covers.
From what I have heard already this must be his best music yet :D

Happy listening...
REAgards
To all Chris Fans
COLB-UK
"When the evening shadows fall
See them turning to the darkest violet blue".
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

COLB-UK wrote:Not so tough,
Screamed, stamped my feet, cried like a 2 year old, till I got my own way. :wink:

Now just saving the music to PC so I dont damage the covers.
From what I have heard already this must be his best music yet :D

Happy listening...
Heh heh :) Well, sometimes we have to act foolishly to get what we want :) I´ve already saved 7 cd´s to PC, maybe today I will take a step on to disc number 8. Happy listening indeed :)