The man The voice The guitar

"137 new songs"?

marcolino
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

"137 new songs"?

Post by marcolino »

The sticker on the book claims "137 new songs". Well, not quite so. If you sum up all the tracks, yes, the total is 137, but... Catfish Girl was already issued on "Stony Road" (only on the 2-CD's release, but I think it doesn't matter), Are You Ready was already on "Blue Street (Five Guitars)", some songs on Blue Guitars are repeated in different versions (such as Catwalk Woman, or My Baby Told Me), and What Became Of You from album seven has the same musical theme of What Became from "Hofner Blue Notes" album (which is instrumental only). As for me it doesn't matter if Chris has written 120, 130 or 140 new songs, he has already set up some kind of record with Blue Guitars (could be a candidate for the Guinness book?) so I don't think he needs this kind of somewhat deceptive advertisements...
Marcolino
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: "137 new songs"?

Post by Mr_Blues »

marcolino wrote:The sticker on the book claims "137 new songs". he has already set up some kind of record with Blue Guitars (could be a candidate for the Guinness book?) so I don't think he needs this kind of somewhat deceptive advertisements...
You are right. I don´t think that there´s someone else who has done something like this. It must be a Guinness book record :) Few retakes and adding lyrics to instrumental song or other way around is acceptable :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
COLB-UK
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by COLB-UK »

Think Guinness Book of Records need to be told about this though. :)

Who else has released 137 Tracks in ONE issue. This must be a record. :wink:
REAgards
To all Chris Fans
COLB-UK
"When the evening shadows fall
See them turning to the darkest violet blue".
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by leila.wilson »

COLB-UK wrote:Think Guinness Book of Records need to be told about this though. :)

Who else has released 137 Tracks in ONE issue. This must be a record. :wink:
I agree Colin, does anyone know how to go about this. Why shouldnt we let them know

Post by Guest »

hmmm,perhaps by e-mail to http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ ?[/url]
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

137 new songs

Post by Zgred »

Wouldn't be funny if Chris put "the best of" as 12th CD in latest release :D:D