The man The voice The guitar

Customer's review on Amazon

marcolino
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Customer's review on Amazon

Post by marcolino »

I was reading the various customers reviews on various Amazon sites, though there is a good number of reviews on the british and german sites only. On both sites all (or nearly all) reviewers have five star rated "Blue Guitars", except for one review on the german site. The reviewer has only 2 star rated the album, and as I cannot read german language, I wonder if anybody here could translate the review as I'm so curious to know the reasons for a so low rating. Here below is the text of the review

"Das war's! Chris Rea hat sich endgültig vom Ausnahmemusiker zum Allerweltsblueser zurückentwickelt. Nach schwerer Krankheit kam die musikalische Krise. Plötzlich stellt er seine bisher geleistete Arbeit in Frage und verschreibt sich dem Blues. Grundsätzlich nichts von Nachteil. Als bekennender Fan der Musik von Chris Rea bin ich jedoch sehr enttäuscht. 11 CDs voller Blues, den man auf jedem Billig-Sampler der Altmeister des Blues haben kann. Chris Rea schrummelt den Blues in der gleichen Manier wie seine meist dahingeschiedenen Vorbilder. Sogar das knistern alter Platten ist nachgebildet - wer will das hören? Die Aufnahmequalität ist miserabel, wahrscheinlich um den Vorbildern noch mehr zu entsprechen. Der einzige Pluspunkt ist das mitgelieferte Buch und der Preis, der allerdings dem Gegenwert der Sammlung entspricht. "

Bye
Marcolino
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Re: Customer's review on Amazon

Post by leila.wilson »

marcolino wrote:I was reading the various customers reviews on various Amazon sites, though there is a good number of reviews on the british and german sites only. On both sites all (or nearly all) reviewers have five star rated "Blue Guitars", except for one review on the german site. The reviewer has only 2 star rated the album, and as I cannot read german language, I wonder if anybody here could translate the review as I'm so curious to know the reasons for a so low rating. Here below is the text of the review

"Das war's! Chris Rea hat sich endgültig vom Ausnahmemusiker zum Allerweltsblueser zurückentwickelt. Nach schwerer Krankheit kam die musikalische Krise. Plötzlich stellt er seine bisher geleistete Arbeit in Frage und verschreibt sich dem Blues. Grundsätzlich nichts von Nachteil. Als bekennender Fan der Musik von Chris Rea bin ich jedoch sehr enttäuscht. 11 CDs voller Blues, den man auf jedem Billig-Sampler der Altmeister des

Blues haben kann. Chris Rea schrummelt den Blues in der gleichen Manier

wie seine meist dahingeschiedenen Vorbilder. Sogar das knistern alter
Platten ist nachgebildet - wer will das hören? Die Aufnahmequalität ist miserabel, wahrscheinlich um den Vorbildern noch mehr zu entsprechen. Der einzige Pluspunkt ist das mitgelieferte Buch und der Preis, der allerdings dem Gegenwert der Sammlung entspricht. "

Bye

Hi Marcolino, I can,t read German, but I would make a suggestion here, that if this reviewer only gave "Blue Guitars" a 2 star rating, then he can,t have listened to it.!!!!!!!!!!!
jwanzong
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by jwanzong »

The german review translates imperfectly to english but here is the gist of it:
"After Chris's medical crisis came a musical crisis. Suddenly his illnesses prescribed him the right to sing the blues? Yes, but as a fan of Chris Rea I am disappointed because it seems the 11 cd sampler is many remixes of his older work. And the quality, crackly sound of the recordings? Who wants to hear that? The high point is the booklet and it's price. "

Exact translation is this:
That was it! Chris Rea has itself finally of the exception musician to the Allerweltsblueser zurückentwickelt. After heavy illness, the musical crisis came. Suddenly it asks its previously performed work in question and prescribes itself the blues. Basically nothing of disadvantage. As a confessing fan of the music of Chris Rea, I am disappointed however very. 11 CDS of full blues, that one on each approve-Sampler of the old masters of the blues have can. Chris Rea schrummelt the blues in the same manner as well as its usually there sheath of examples. Crackle even that is reproduced old disks - who wants to hear that? The reception quality is miserabel to to correspond probably around the examples yet more. The single plus point is include that book and the price that corresponds to be sure to the value of the collection. "
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

jwanzong wrote:The german review translates imperfectly to english but here is the gist of it:
"After Chris's medical crisis came a musical crisis. Suddenly his illnesses prescribed him the right to sing the blues? Yes, but as a fan of Chris Rea I am disappointed because it seems the 11 cd sampler is many remixes of his older work. And the quality, crackly sound of the recordings? Who wants to hear that? The high point is the booklet and it's price. "
Thanks jwanzong for translation.

Oh, what a fool this German fan is. I would like to slap around that guy a little bit :D Just kidding, no violence :) But what fool complains about that old crackly sound???? That is one of the nice things, and it´s been certain that Chris has wanted to re-create that old feeling as you were listening old blues LP´s. Shame on you German "fan".
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
marcolino
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by marcolino »

Thanks Jennifer, I respect every opinion so I will not comment, anyway if anyone who listen to Blue Guitars, being a fan of Chris or not, is enthusiastic of it, I think that review is from someone who has not listened well any of the albums. He should have known about Blue Guitars being a blues album, and maybe listen to some preview before buying it.

Bye
Marcolino