The man The voice The guitar

posters

Jutta
Translator
Translator

posters

Post by Jutta »

Hello,
does anybody know if the posters of Chris Blue Guitars-paintings are still available? Where can I buy some? What does it cost and what size are they?
And I don´t want to pay too much for delivery...

By the way what painting do you like most?

Thanks and bye

Jutta
Tina3
Support
Support

Re: posters

Post by Tina3 »

Jutta wrote:Hello,
does anybody know if the posters of Chris Blue Guitars-paintings are still available? Where can I buy some? What does it cost and what size are they?

Thanks and bye

Jutta
Season's greetings Jutta, I hope your having a great one.I'm not sure if they are still available but have you tried e-mailing the people at http://www.chrisrea.com as that is the site recommened in the Blue Guitars Book.As to which 1 I like best well that is a bit more tricky cause as usual there is more than one.I think Number 25 would be my choice, as they are not named because I feel this picture shows the start of were blues came from.You know the black slave taken away from home....
Talk soon
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Post by Jutta »

Tina3 wrote:Season's greetings Jutta, I hope your having a great one.I'm not sure if they are still available but have you tried e-mailing the people at http://www.chrisrea.com as that is the site recommened in the Blue Guitars Book.As to which 1 I like best well that is a bit more tricky cause as usual there is more than one.I think Number 25 would be my choice, as they are not named because I feel this picture shows the start of were blues came from.You know the black slave taken away from home....
Talk soon
Hello Tina,
nice to hear from you. How are you? I finally have plenty of time now and even was able to watch the two DVDs ... Great! So it is a great season ...
I think it´s useless to email the people of chrisrea.com. The site is more or less dead. I also have difficulties to choose among the paintings. I like the Motown and Gospel-painting very much (don´t know the number, cause I am not at home at the moment and can´t check the numbers). The picture of the slave is also great, but I think it is too cruel to put it on my wall. I also like the Irish-painting very well, cause Chris once gave an explanation about it in an interview. And that is exactly the point for me. I wish, Chris would give more details about the meaning of his paintings or of his lyrics. Don´t you think?
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Jutta wrote:
Tina3 wrote:Season's greetings Jutta, I hope your having a great one.I'm not sure if they are still available but have you tried e-mailing the people at http://www.chrisrea.com as that is the site recommened in the Blue Guitars Book.As to which 1 I like best well that is a bit more tricky cause as usual there is more than one.I think Number 25 would be my choice, as they are not named because I feel this picture shows the start of were blues came from.You know the black slave taken away from home....
Talk soon
Hello Tina,
nice to hear from you. How are you? I finally have plenty of time now and even was able to watch the two DVDs ... Great! So it is a great season ...
I think it´s useless to email the people of chrisrea.com. The site is more or less dead. I also have difficulties to choose among the paintings. I like the Motown and Gospel-painting very much (don´t know the number, cause I am not at home at the moment and can´t check the numbers). The picture of the slave is also great, but I think it is too cruel to put it on my wall. I also like the Irish-painting very well, cause Chris once gave an explanation about it in an interview. And that is exactly the point for me. I wish, Chris would give more details about the meaning of his paintings or of his lyrics. Don´t you think?
Hi Jutta
I am well thankyou and the concert is the BEST.Now that you mention it I think them posters do have names and their names are the various types of blues.I have felt for a long time now that Chris could explain more about his songs especially about Blue Guitars.Maybe he has and I missed it.I like Motown and Gospel one too.That paticular CD is one of my favourates.I didn't know he explained what any of them meant, yet another interview that I missed.Hmm the idea of one of them prints for your wall is a really great idea.I wouldn't mind one for my own wall.Maybe this needs a little work.I hope you have a great New Year and I will talk to you soon.I can't get this link to go anywere else but it might be what your looking for :) :)
http://www.hopefortomorrow.org.uk/chris_rea/giclee
Pick up the pieces and start again.
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Jutta wrote:Hello,

Thanks and bye

Jutta
Hi Jutta, I bought the print of "Country Blues 1" which is my favourite. I also like "Texas" but it isn't available in a standard print. Giclee prints are probably very nice but too expensive for me. See http://www.hopefortomorrow.org.uk/chris_rea/print for the "normal" prints

Happy new year,
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...