The man The voice The guitar

MY COPY OF THE NEW RELEASE

Tina3
Support
Support

Re: MY COPY OF THE NEW RELEASE

Post by Tina3 »

PAB wrote:My Music dealer called me this afternoon. THE Pack is arrived. I don't even know how much it costs.
Thank you VISA Card.

Hi PAB,
Hi , I was wondering do you have any comments about the new album yet.What do you like or dislike about it etc.? :)
Kind regards
Tina :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

I finally got my HBN book today! It was waiting for me on my back porch when I came home for lunch.
I love everything about this book, the design is superb! (It smells good too!) I heard most of 2 out 3 cds in my one hour lunch, and it sounds incredible so far. Chris' current music is definitely for blues lovers, and that's me.
The Delmonts CD is light and breezy, very nice. The other two get into the nitty gritty of blues that Chris Rea loves and he is a true blues man. I like the fact that these are more current rocky-jazzy-blues, not too much on the heavy side. His familiar riffs are heard all throughout, and we can't help but to want to compare songs with his previous work; overall, he always manages to make them sound different.
Legacy Blues is still my favorite so far. I shall continue listening tonight :D

Lily B.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

lilybee wrote:I finally got my HBN book today! It was waiting for me on my back porch when I came home for lunch.
I love everything about this book, the design is superb! (It smells good too!) I heard most of 2 out 3 cds in my one hour lunch, and it sounds incredible so far. Chris' current music is definitely for blues lovers, and that's me.
The Delmonts CD is light and breezy, very nice. The other two get into the nitty gritty of blues that Chris Rea loves and he is a true blues man. I like the fact that these are more current rocky-jazzy-blues, not too much on the heavy side. His familiar riffs are heard all throughout, and we can't help but to want to compare songs with his previous work; overall, he always manages to make them sound different.
Legacy Blues is still my favorite so far. I shall continue listening tonight :D

Lily B.
-------

Congratulations Lily! One of my favorite songs of the HBN is also the "Legacy Blues." I was pleasantly surprised with the concert version of it played a bit faster than on the album. I wish someone recorded it and will post this song on Yourtube.
I've been listening to the new songs already for five days and never got tired of it.
Enjoy the album!
Still waiting for the impressions after the gigs in either Riga, Tallinn or Vilnius. I know we can count of Andrew Fisher for his review from St. Petersburg, though!
Take care,
Chris
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Chris, I've been listening to the cds too, new favorites:
Twister (just love this one!)
Because of You
Rennaisance Blues
I will be with you
The Shadow of a fool
Big Wave

You know, when I got my package from Amazon.uk on Monday, it was pretty beat up, it looked re-taped, and the 3 cds were NOT sealed, one case was cracked. The HBN book was ok though. Anyway, I e-mailed Amazon about it immediately and their response was to mail me the whole order again, at no charge! So, now I will have 2 copies of the HBN book, and 2 copies of The Very Best Of Chris Rea, The Blue Cafe, and The Road to Hell. Ha! Go figure :D

Lily B.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

I must say when I got the vinyl discs, they look and feel thicker than I remembered. I'm looking to buy a turntable now, I'm really not familiar with them. Any particular recomendations anybody?
I've checked them out here http://www.musicdirect.com/
and here http://www.amazon.com/Turntables-Access ... ode=229192

Cheers,

Lily B.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

lilybee wrote:Hi Chris, I've been listening to the cds too, new favorites:
Twister (just love this one!)
Because of You
Rennaisance Blues
I will be with you
The Shadow of a fool
Big Wave

You know, when I got my package from Amazon.uk on Monday, it was pretty beat up, it looked re-taped, and the 3 cds were NOT sealed, one case was cracked. The HBN book was ok though. Anyway, I e-mailed Amazon about it immediately and their response was to mail me the whole order again, at no charge! So, now I will have 2 copies of the HBN book, and 2 copies of The Very Best Of Chris Rea, The Blue Cafe, and The Road to Hell. Ha! Go figure :D

Lily B.
Hi Lily,

This only goes to show you they're good people at the Amazon.uk! Very nice of them, indeed.
The book, by the way, was made to look "old", beat up...

Speaking of the HBN earBook, the "Janice Blue" just stroke me like a lightning.
"The shadow of a fool" also counts amongst one my favorites. Does the "Twister" (inside) refer to a twisted character (of someone), or something else? "Janice Blue" was probably dedicated to Janice Joplin?
I think that most of these new songs - which are pretty much even (just like Steven!), on the same level and melodically well balanced - are so much biographical. I think (even though he says he isn't) Chris is romantic. That's why his blues songs are so Italian; he is a "cantautore di musica blues italiana" (in a way, because of his ethnic background - being half-Italian and half-Irish) with just a smidge of an Irish tune in-between! It's a mixture of many musical styles; different types of blues. Just like he said a couple of times in interviews.
Well, today's the day for him and his fans in Moscow!

Best regards to you Lily and everyone in this forum,
Chris
Last edited by Chris on 28 Feb 2008, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
PAB
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by PAB »

Hello,

I've got my HBN Earbook. 54€ in Belgium. Even format that “Blue Guitar”. Splendid on the rack. For the 33t, I listen to them on a record player AKAI (135€), directly connected on the PC with a USB plug, but the recording is so good that you doesn't hear much the crunch crunch of the old vynils. As for the images, they are even more interesting than in Blue Guitars. For the remainder, I wait on March 11 impatiently (Belgian date).

I watch "Moscow: 1 hour, 44 minutes ... lucky russians.

PAb

PS: sorry Tina3 for the late answer, I just see your post. In fact, I did just listen to the first part (Vynil 1). Very vintage. I appreciate. But I'm not sure I'll continue. I prefer discover it on stage and coming back to the album later. I'm special. But I love Chris Rea and that makes me a good man. :lol:

Sorry again for my english.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

This only goes to show you they're good people at the Amazon.uk! Very nice of them, indeed.
The book, by the way, was made to look "old", beat up...
Hi Chris, yes I knew the HBN book is designed to look old, very nicely done. It was in good condition and sealed, the cds inside were fine too. I was referring to the other 3 cds, they were open. But yes, that was very nice of Amazon.uk.

I don't think Janice refers to Janice Japlin. What was the name of that lady Chris met while at the hospital? She's had many surgeries and Chris praised her. I don't remember where I read this...

Anyway, I agree a lot of his songs are autobiographical, "Take Looking Glass Blues" (lyrics here http://www.chrisrea.nl/index.php?cid=97718
I'm not sure I'll continue. I prefer discover it on stage and coming back to the album later. I'm special. But I love Chris Rea and that makes me a good man.
Hi PAb, funny! Indeed, it does make you a good man.

Cheers, :D

Lily B.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

PAB wrote:Hello,

I've got my HBN Earbook. 54€ in Belgium. Even format that “Blue Guitar”. Splendid on the rack. For the 33t, I listen to them on a record player AKAI (135€), directly connected on the PC with a USB plug, but the recording is so good that you doesn't hear much the crunch crunch of the old vynils. As for the images, they are even more interesting than in Blue Guitars. For the remainder, I wait on March 11 impatiently (Belgian date).

I watch "Moscow: 1 hour, 44 minutes ... lucky russians.

PAb

PS: sorry Tina3 for the late answer, I just see your post. In fact, I did just listen to the first part (Vynil 1). Very vintage. I appreciate. But I'm not sure I'll continue. I prefer discover it on stage and coming back to the album later. I'm special. But I love Chris Rea and that makes me a good man. :lol:

Sorry again for my english.

Hi PAB,
Did I read your post correctly? Have you listened to the 2 vinyls 33 times? :) I have to say I love The Delmonts too.I had priced a new turntable but my old one still worked so I used that.This book is more interesting.I think I can relate to it better.I know Chris is talking about life in Middlesborough at that time but it could have easly been Dublin too.They are just working class cities and I think one is much the same as the next.I am looking forward to the concert too but I still have about 6 weeks to go so lucky you only having to wait till the 11 March.I would say that yes you are a good man and it is clear to see that you love Chris.Enjoy the music and the concert when it comes round.Maybe you would consider doing a post and let us all know what you thought of the concert.We are finally getting some good posts and some funny ones too.
Kind regards
Tina :) :)
PAB
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by PAB »

Thanks for the post Tina;

:D No, I didn't listen to it 33 times. In french, we say "33 tours" as "33 rounds". I don't know the translation in english. Maybe it's round? And yes, I used a USB turntable because my old Technics stuff (almost 30 years old) is dead. But I keep it as the Graal. It was my first "big" gift by my parents. And now, I know it was quite something for them. Working class heroes are the same everywhere.

Holidays are finished for me, but I'll be back. Regularly. After the concert for example.

Enjoy the music Tina and good week-end to everyone. :lol:
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi PAB,
I am sorry but you have lost me on this one and please excuse my lack of knowledge. :D I will await your post as to wheather you enjoyed the concert or not.In the meantime enjoy the music :) I know I am :)
Take care
Till next time
Tina :) :)
mark hughes
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by mark hughes »

I bought my copy today and it's awesome! Blues For Janice is fantastic. :D

I'm looking forward to hearing him play a few at the Albert Hall.
...In this garden I will burn my callous robes...
Alex_Sander
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Alex_Sander »

I could not to get my copy before, but I have got it recently! ;)
But first I got a turntable ;)
Vinyl sounds fantastic!
I had CDs only earlier and I got most albums and some singles on vinyl this year and I'm happy now! :)
Love listening to real records.
It's like holding treasures in hands then putting it on a turntable. :) and it sounds and plays and sings sooo good ;)
-------
Best regards,
Alexander.