The man The voice The guitar

To which concerts will you go ?

Tina3
Support
Support

Re: To which concerts will you go ?

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
After reading Alan's post here about getting concert tickets for a venue in Glasgow that is not listed I decided to look again at the ticket agencies and it looks like Chris is adding dates as we wait.It looks like he has added another concert for Dublin this time but no tickets are available yet :D :D. The venue that is listed for this show is the same place that Chris did his 1st concert way back in the 1980's in Dublin.So I am going to add that to my list. 2 concerts in the 1 year :) :) Can't ask for better than than.I can't wait
Kind regards
tina
Pick up the pieces and start again.
ronald
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by ronald »

antwerp, amsterdam and dormund for me.
My Chris Rea page: http://www.chrisrea.biz
TZettner
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by TZettner »

Only to Budapest (03-03-2008), but that's for sure. If they had missed our capital, I would have flown to Warsawa or Belgrade I presume. I and my good ol' buddies will settle down near the stage. Needless to say, we'll have an 'afterparty' in a local rockandroll pub...
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Hi !

The Final gig dates has been posted and no Finland on the map once again.
Seems to be that trip takes me to the Tallinn, Estonia again. Last time saw
Chris there back in 2006. Which was nice indeed :)

No tickets yet, but I guess they will go on sale soon enough.

Cheers !!
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi everyone here!

Lately me and my friends from St.Petersburg and toher cities were gonna ride to Warsaw, the nearest gig city stated in the tourlist. But yesterday I happily read that Russia's again in Chris's touring plans!!! Can't wait the date Feb, 26th!!! Such unbelievable and soulful news!!!!

Good luck everybody in there,
&ru
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

andrew fischer wrote:Hi everyone here!

Lately me and my friends from St.Petersburg and toher cities were gonna ride to Warsaw, the nearest gig city stated in the tourlist. But yesterday I happily read that Russia's again in Chris's touring plans!!! Can't wait the date Feb, 26th!!! Such unbelievable and soulful news!!!!

&ru
--------

Hello to you,

I'm happy for you guys!
There's this striking resemblance (if I may say so) between the last year's "farewell tour" and this one, coming up next spring. In most of the places listed Chris Rea played in 2006 and he will perform there again, including Moscow and St. Petersburg (at last!). Although I'm glad he included our eastern neighbors - the Lithuanians, Latvian, Estonians, Russians and Ukrainians - in his schedule, I'm disappointed that he omitted - all together - the whole of Scandinavia, Italy and Spain. We all know that he has fans there, as well.
But I realize, the tour will be very exhaustive for him even without all these important places, such as Helsinki, Stockholm Oslo or Copenhagen.
Oh well, I'll miss the opportunity to welcome some of Chris' Russian fans to Warsaw....

And, as far as the information channels, I cannot find anything on Chris' upcoming album (one CD, two CDs or "the vinyl project, with a book) anyplace.....

Best regards to you all,
Chris
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Chris wrote:
andrew fischer wrote:Hi everyone here!

&ru
--------

Hello to you,

I'm happy for you guys!
There's this striking resemblance (if I may say so) between the last year's "farewell tour" and this one, coming up next spring. In most of the places listed Chris Rea played in 2006 and he will perform there again, including Moscow and St. Petersburg (at last!). Although I'm glad he included our eastern neighbors - the Lithuanians, Latvian, Estonians, Russians and Ukrainians - in his schedule, I'm disappointed that he omitted - all together - the whole of Scandinavia, Italy and Spain. We all know that he has fans there, as well.
But I realize, the tour will be very exhaustive for him even without all these important places, such as Helsinki, Stockholm Oslo or Copenhagen.
Oh well, I'll miss the opportunity to welcome some of Chris' Russian fans to Warsaw....

And, as far as the information channels, I cannot find anything on Chris' upcoming album (one CD, two CDs or "the vinyl project, with a book) anyplace.....

Best regards to you all,
Chris
Hi Chris!
Thank you for support and please don't miss our plans those've changed so much! :))))
Now I really think over a trip to London in the end of March! Also fans from Moscow invited me to their Luzhniki gig and they really would like to be in Petersbourg too!!! But I'm hesitating whether it would not be so strange for me to listen to the same desired live tracklist twice in a several days... again including a trip there and back... You know, I can't listen to the music I love so much and that means so much to my soul several times soon one after another... Coz' for me the sharpness of feeling is lost. That's why omitting Warsaw, and Moscow too, I suppose... That's the reason why wishing London to ride to.

Best regards to all of you here,
&ru
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Chris!
Thank you for support and please don't miss our plans those've changed so much! :))))
Now I really think over a trip to London in the end of March! Also fans from Moscow invited me to their Luzhniki gig and they really would like to be in Petersbourg too!!! But I'm hesitating whether it would not be so strange for me to listen to the same desired live tracklist twice in a several days... again including a trip there and back... You know, I can't listen to the music I love so much and that means so much to my soul several times soon one after another... Coz' for me the sharpness of feeling is lost. That's why omitting Warsaw, and Moscow too, I suppose... That's the reason why wishing London to ride to.

Best regards to all of you here,
&ru
I never get sad - I'm just inside my blue.
--------------------------------------------------

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your nice reply. I'll stick to Warsaw but London would be - I'm positive - an excellent place to attend Chris' concert.
As far as attending the same concert twice, I would not hesitate a minute because each and every gig (in my opinion) is different. Obviously, one would have to pay close attention to fish-out all the details but it all depends on the weather, artist's condition and most of all - the public! And it's the songs played in extra time when the audience actually forces Chris to return to the stage, what really counts!
I think that's why, afterwards, studio technicians are sifting through so many different versions of a song until they find (they think) the right cut to put on a 'live' CD!

Locally, media have all but forgotten about the upcoming tour. After a short story on Chris in early September ("He's coming out of the semi-retirement!", said one of the headlines), there's not a word being said now about his further plans.
I've been searching in vain for any news regarding new CD (be it a vinyl project.)
Take care and have a great time in England.
Best regards to all on this forum,
Chris
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi again Chris!
Sure, I would kindly agree with you about gigs which are all different one from each other.
And what 'bout audience - you know, there're 4 (or more) tracks recorded at Sala Kongresawa included in To Hell and Back live album, more than any track recorded elsewhere! And that points and says much!!!
Moreover, after riding through the Eastern Europe and moving back coler to homeland Chris stopped coming back to the stage in the end of gig with Moonriver... while in Warsaw, Kiev, Moscow and St.P-rg he nicely did... The audience in these places really desires and forces the player come back and sing some more... and more and more :) And you remember the audience's behaviour and mood at the gig where the live video was recorded... Much different - it has been already discussed here.
But I really do believe that soulful mood of the people in Moscow or Warsaw or Petersburg are far too close.
That's why I'm afraid to drift the same beloved stream twice... But I wish I'm wrong :)

Again best wishes
&ru
bmajor47

Post by bmajor47 »

HI All

I am here in NEW YORK CITY, does anyone know if Chris will ever tour in th USA???

thanks

Bruce
Davy
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Davy »

As I'm from Bohemia, I'll go to the Prague concert on 18 February 2008. By that time, it'll have been almost exactly 2 years since Chris last performed in Prague at the Congress Centre. I'm looking forward to that surprisingly announced concert a lot. Indeed, I can't wait to go there. :)
Deltics
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Deltics »

I will be going to Newcastle both nights. Can't wait........
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Tallinn, Estonia, for the second time :D

Got the concert tickets and travelling & hotel is taken care of too :)

I paid for the ticket only 30 euros (standing aka the best place), cheap as hell I say :)
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Mr_Blues wrote:Tallinn, Estonia, for the second time :D

Got the concert tickets and travelling & hotel is taken care of too :)

I paid for the ticket only 30 euros (standing aka the best place), cheap as hell I say :)
Happy man you are, I say! 200 euros in St.Petersburg for the best seats and over 300 in Moscow! That's where the hell prices are! :?
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

andrew fischer wrote: Happy man you are, I say! 200 euros in St.Petersburg for the best seats and over 300 in Moscow! That's where the hell prices are! :?
Well [EDIT: Please don't use this word], that´s really insane. And I think Chris wouldn´t want that the tickets are that high.
Is that some kind of a black market price (at the tickets are sold out) or how in hell that can be like that?? :?