The man The voice The guitar

Plymouth 14/03/08

Scott, UK
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Plymouth 14/03/08

Post by Scott, UK »

Hi

Just a quick note to say the concert in Plymouth last night was awesome. Although Chris looked considerably thinner than he did 2 years ago he certainly had more energy. He thrashed out some great tunes and was completely into the music.

I have to say that, until last night, I wasn't quite sure what to make of The Delmonts. I've listened to the CD a few times and wondered what the thinking was behind the huge departure in style form his usual music. If I'm honest I wasn't sure that I liked it. But The Delmonts is oddly, if not very subtley, addictive and when I saw him playing it live it all made sense. He was obviously happy playing what he loves and his love and enthusiasm for the music is infectious. You can always trust Chris Rea to produce great music. I'm now the proud owner of a Delmonts T-Shirt!!

If anyone is due to go to a UK gig you won't be disappointed - Chris is the man!
alain55
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: Plymouth 14/03/08

Post by alain55 »

[quote="Scott, UK"]Hi

I wasn't quite sure what to make of The Delmonts.
>>>
Well, of course not. It is very unusual for an artist to do his own support act.
I've seen it before, with Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull, but that was in the seventies of last century.
Just consider it as a warming- up thing, for the big concert.
And anyway, I saw Chris last week, and I know that all concerts to follow will be good. Excellent even.

But as a general remark, for anyone, while you comment on these shows, take care about the words used.
Last night, I was browsing a bit through older and younger comments, and it struck me that some people put it very crudely. For lack of proper English expressions ? Anyway, I saw things like, "well I'll be able to see him live, if he doesn't die before". .... ??? Guys, ladies, take care please, of the language used .....!!!!
Most of us know about the medical situations, but be a bit prudent on the words. Thanks.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Plymouth 14/03/08

Post by Chris »

I'm glad Alain, you touched the subject regarding the language used in some posts here.
I think that, in the sentence you've quoted, the author showed he didn't have a proper command of the English language. Of course, we all hope to have Chris Rea around for a very long time.

And speaking about the "warming up" for Chris before the main FHBN gig, that's exactly what I said in my review of the concert in Warsaw written for several local (Polish) web pages.
I wrote that "Chris played his own support (which was a little bit strange for me, even though it was a part of his concept for the gig.") At the same time he was warming-up for the main concert, gaining speed, while Robert Ahwai played most of the solos. It was a vehicle for him, to carry the audience from one musical period into another; a sort of time travel, from the 50s to 60s.
Best regards to you,
Chris