The man The voice The guitar

CHRIS IN GLASGOW

alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

CHRIS IN GLASGOW

Post by alan1958 »

Just got home from the gig at the Royal Concert Hall in Glasgow ,Scotland with my wife and two teenage kids. We were at the front ,and as I have been following the tour on the forum ,I knew what to expect, but was amazed at just how stunning he was!!!
The same set-list as before and obviously the same staging ,but that was the best i have ever seen him.We go to a lot of gigs as a family and they were blown away at performance.I only wish we had got more tickets for the tour ,always next time
ps I met his manager in the foyer before the gig and he seemed really pleased when i asked him to tell CR that I thought he was a genius,and he was now at the best point in his career with Blue Guitars etc. He asked me if i had the new one , so I gushed on about that for another few moments before saying that few artists get better as their career progresses ,inc Springsteen ,Dylan,etc and he said he would pass on my kind words, though he joked " I've got to tell him he is a genius every day"
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: CHRIS IN GLASGOW

Post by lilybee »

That's just wonderful Alan! :D :D Genius IS the best word to describe Chris 8)

Did your kids take any pix with their cell phones?

Lily B.
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Peter S... »

Hi,

I was also at the Glasgow concert last night and no one will be surprised to hear that I enjoyed the performance. As already posted, there were no surprises in the set list but the version of Stainsby Girls played last night was simply awesome, the extra verse from Julia from the early days in the tour was missing but to balance that out an extra couple of lines were added to Lets Dance.

I have a copy (cough) of the concert in Luxembourg in January but it does not compare to watching/listening to Chris from the front row live, roll on Edinburgh tonight and London next week.

Regards,

Peter S...
Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Yes the kids took some pics and some 30 second film clips , inc the amazing stainsby girls as peter s said
i will figure out how to post them !!!!!
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Ask them Alan :D :D

Lily B.
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Peter S... »

Hi,

Rather than start another thread I thought I would post comments on the Edinburgh Concert last night here, it was just a good as Glasgow the night before, same set, same energy levels and the same professionalism from the man and the band, but I thought the Edinburgh audience were more lively than the Glasgow one.

Two down one to go...

Regards,

Peter S...
Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach