The man The voice The guitar

Chris his new double album and singles/tour etc

chrisreafan

Re: Chris his new double album and singles/tour etc

Post by chrisreafan »

If there are two new numbers the only thing one has to do is buy them and not the album. That's why i think there will be more new numbers on the double cd. Almost getting scientific here LOL!!
rs4951
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by rs4951 »

I wonder which record label is releasing this - some of the old tracks mentioned are Warner-era...
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Hi all,

it's like a dejá vu! Last year he released his "Best of" called "Fool..." - a quite obscure album containing songs from his blues period (I don't know who selected the songs anyway) and re-recordings of old hits: Josephine, On The Beach, The Road To Hell, Fool...,Stainsby Girls and Let's Dance (by the way: the same songs mentioned in the latest news...).

Certainly he didn't re-record those songs in order to give us fans a good time - it happened solely du to legal issues because Warner still holds the rights to his old songs. Sadly the new versions sound like Chris recorded them during his lunch break...

If this is going to happen again I'd be very disappointed - and honestly I have lost count of the number of "Best of", "Greatest Hits" and whatever these ripoffs are called.

REAgards,

Tobi
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
As said before I feel the same as all the other fans about Chris re releasing these songs but I think it's time to give Chris a break here and wait and see what happens in October.
tobi777 wrote:"Best of" called "Fool..." - a quite obscure album containing songs from his blues period (I don't know who selected the songs anyway) and re-recordings of old hits

Hi Tobi,
I understood Chris selects the songs that go on various albums.I could stand corrected on this point but that is how I understand it.
tobi777 wrote:Certainly he didn't re-record those songs in order to give us fans a good time - it happened solely du to legal issues because Warner still holds the rights to his old songs
If this is the case then Chris has to honor his legal agreements to Warner no matter how much we fans might not like it.

tobi777 wrote: Sadly the new versions sound like Chris recorded them during his lunch break...
No matter how bored we might be with yet another version of these same songs lets not forget that on that last album Chris played ALL the various instruments to re-record these songs.Some amount of talent I think and if I might say so that would have taken him some time even for someone with Chris's talents :)

[
tobi777 wrote:If this is going to happen again I'd be very disappointed
I think we all will be so I will and see and hope for the best :)
Have a great weekend everyone
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Yes, I agree, let's just wait!
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Tell you people what.

1. If the new release includes any of the old hits
2. If the next tour will include a lot of old hits in the setlist

I won´t go to concert if it comes to Estonia or Finland.

I´ve had it with the old hits. I can´t stand them anymore.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
Hi Mr Blues
It's been a while hope you are keeping well :)
I wouldn't go that far.I've missed too many concerts in the past so I'm going to try and not miss anymore.Not one of us know if this could be Chris's last concert and he is awesome live so too good to miss even if he stood on stage and sang 3 blind mice or whatever :)
All of us fans are to blame in a way for the popularity of these songs after all if you say to people the name Chris Rea the reply you will most likely get is something like He sings Road To Hell or Josephine.I doubt they would say doesn't he sing Stony Road or Mississippi etc :) :)
Mr_Blues wrote:I´ve had it with the old hits. I can´t stand them anymore

I am honest when I say I listen to them rarely these days either :)
Tina :)
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

To be honest I listen to the old and new. The old songs still do it for me, along with the new stuff. His back catalogue is his history, the songs that bring him to where he is now, so if at a concert he is entitled to play them. Infact it would be very odd if he didn't.
could this be true, could this be me..
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi all,
Obviously, Chris can play all his 'old' tunes at any concert. I would also expect him to do so. The thing is, however, that yet another "the best of" would be a mistake. I think that the journalist who wrote the story got it all wrong and that's why he announced a double album with the best songs as well as the two singles. A single, under normal circumstances, is to lead a new CD onto the market. At times an artist issues two singles, as it is the case with Chris. So, I'll just patiently wait for a new CD (perhaps a double CD) this autumn as well as for a new concert tour in the spring, 2010.
Best regards to all,
Chris
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

I think you are right Chris, this will be a new release, new songs, and not another best of CD. Roll on September eh. :D
could this be true, could this be me..
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Hello there everyone !

Is there any news about the new album?
This silence really bugs me, why the management can´t release any official info about the project already?
Always so [EDIT: Please don't use this word] mysterious circumstances when Chris is making the new album.
Other bands are giving the track lists, the releasing date and everything in good advance.
Some has studio diaries and nicely detailed info along the way when the album is in progress.
That´s how things should be done....
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Hi Mr Blues,
I bet Chris is still busy changing his mind......
Regards,
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
rs4951
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by rs4951 »

Amazon.co.uk have the album down for October 5th. Cover pic is on the site.
A version with DVD is also coming.
Title reduced to "Still so far to go - the best of"
It's on the Rhino label it seems..
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the information rs4951.
I hope Amazon have made a mistake in the description of this album and instead of it been yet another "best of" it is one of the long awaited follow up that Chris mentioned over the last year.Well not too much longer to wait
Tina :-))
rs4951
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by rs4951 »

[quote="Tina3"]Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the information rs4951.
I hope Amazon have made a mistake in the description of this album and instead of it been yet another "best of" it is one of the long awaited follow up that Chris mentioned over the last year.Well not too much longer to wait
Tina :-))[/quote]

Given that the label is Rhino, the reissue / compilation experts, I think it will be a best of...