The man The voice The guitar

Concert wish list

elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Re: Concert wish list

Post by elangelo »

Müfo wrote:I wonder if chris isn't bored by himself?
That's what I'm asking myself too. But I guess that's what he always did, playing the same list on every concert. When you're a young band, it's maybe a bit easier to jam and change the lists as you have a better communication within the team. By the way, it can be worse, a great band from Iceland called Sigur Ros played every single track just as it is on the album, without changing a thing, so I could not even say I heard live versions!
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

elangelo wrote:
Mr_Blues wrote:From that kind of master piece it would be thrilling to build set list each night by changing 3-4 songs. Imagine the thrill of suprise, you would never know what to expect.
Oh yes, that would be great, but have you heard of an artist that changes his tracklist slightly for each new concert? I think it would be hard, and as far as I understand no-one really does it, although the fans would love it. Do you know if any of big artists change their playlist for every concert within a single tour?
For example Bruce Springsteen does change songs in his setlists, not saying that each gig has that many changes but very often he brings song that hasn´t played on that tour or in recents tours. Also already told about the thing where the people are showing him handmade signs were reads song titles, songs which ain´t even recorded or made by Springsteen. Also there is plenty of others who change setlists as well. That is just common sense.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

elangelo wrote:
Müfo wrote:I wonder if chris isn't bored by himself?
That's what I'm asking myself too. But I guess that's what he always did, playing the same list on every concert. When you're a young band, it's maybe a bit easier to jam and change the lists as you have a better communication within the team. By the way, it can be worse, a great band from Iceland called Sigur Ros played every single track just as it is on the album, without changing a thing, so I could not even say I heard live versions!
Chris is young man compared to many blues guys who are still out there touring most of the year and they are doing that each year, not every other year. And these guys have many times guests coming on stage for a jam etc.
So age ain´t excuse.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)