Home |  Forum |  Sitemap |  Login













Home The man The voice The guitar The site

News about the upcoming tour



Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby Müfo » 01 Feb 2010, 12:08

So if the majority only knows the old hits, they wouldn`t mind of some different songs from blue guitars, hofner, stony road, blue jukebox.... Of course Rea should play, what he wants to play, but what he does now is completly the opposite of what he announced after his farwell-tour and what you can read in the tour programm of that tour.
Sorry, but I realy can`t believe that some people think that Rea only can keep on racing if he plays this and no other setlist :?
Take care
Jan
Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 12 Feb 2006, 21:13

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby Mr_Blues » 01 Feb 2010, 13:09

Müfo wrote:So if the majority only knows the old hits, they wouldn`t mind of some different songs from blue guitars, hofner, stony road, blue jukebox.... Of course Rea should play, what he wants to play, but what he does now is completly the opposite of what he announced after his farwell-tour and what you can read in the tour programm of that tour.
Sorry, but I realy can`t believe that some people think that Rea only can keep on racing if he plays this and no other setlist :?
Take care
Jan


Touché ! :)

Someone asked about being always negative, well I can´t be positive about the current setlist and how this tour is coming along. It´s complete waste of the talent to play same old songs and not changing songs on the setlist.
For me that is lack of imagination and I can´t take that from The Man who I´ve always looked up.
This is the lazy way of doing the tour and I would say that musician who has selfrespect should not go this route.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted
 
Posts: 559
Joined: 09 Sep 2005, 19:04
Location: Finland

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby lilybee » 02 Feb 2010, 05:29

The Road to Hell- Chris Rea live in Berlin- 31. Januar 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjTruCJVBHk

Lily
User avatar
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony
 
Posts: 834
Joined: 31 Dec 2007, 03:22

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby Chris » 02 Feb 2010, 11:12

I know I will be repeating myself, but so be it.
Many concertgoers intend to purchase tickets to Chris Rea concerts exactly because they expect him to play all of his well known songs. Therefore what he does, I think, he's snicking-in some rarely played tunes as well as playing two, three new compositions. That is, as if to try to satisfy everyone. Obviously, for some fans this will still be "unacceptable","not sufficient" or outright "wrong." Well, too bad, I would say. He will not play concerts for the chosen few (unless it's a small-venue, "private" gig) because it wouldn't be economically sound. Tours cost a lot of money (transportation, logistic, hotels, meals etc.) and Chris Rea needs to be certain that money he spends brings in at least some profit. I understand it perfectly well.
By sticking to his setlist in Leipzig, Dresden, Hamburg, Berlin or Prague he only proved to be predictable.
I don't think anyone wants to ruin him (and his family) financially?
Take care,
Chris
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic
 
Posts: 604
Joined: 05 Dec 2005, 09:48
Location: Poland

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby Mr_Blues » 02 Feb 2010, 12:11

Chris wrote:I know I will be repeating myself, but so be it.
Many concertgoers intend to purchase tickets to Chris Rea concerts exactly because they expect him to play all of his well known songs. Therefore what he does, I think, he's snicking-in some rarely played tunes as well as playing two, three new compositions. That is, as if to try to satisfy everyone. Obviously, for some fans this will still be "unacceptable","not sufficient" or outright "wrong." Well, too bad, I would say. He will not play concerts for the chosen few (unless it's a small-venue, "private" gig) because it wouldn't be economically sound. Tours cost a lot of money (transportation, logistic, hotels, meals etc.) and Chris Rea needs to be certain that money he spends brings in at least some profit. I understand it perfectly well.
By sticking to his setlist in Leipzig, Dresden, Hamburg, Berlin or Prague he only proved to be predictable.
I don't think anyone wants to ruin him (and his family) financially?
Take care,
Chris


Your common concertgoers doesn´t give a - if Chris would play something else instead of these:

1. I Can't Wait For Love
2. Work Gang
3. Where The Blues...
5. Easy Rider
9. Stony Road
10.Electric Guitar
11.Still So Far...
12.Between Highway...

So, The Man could easily change 8 songs from his setlist and it would still bring everyone involved pockets full of money. So, your point over here is full of crap my friend.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted
 
Posts: 559
Joined: 09 Sep 2005, 19:04
Location: Finland

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby BLUEHOOD71 » 02 Feb 2010, 12:23

The set list predicament is a very emotive issue. Looking at it objectivley you can see why Chris would play mostly hits with the odd number of other songs in to intoroduce the not so die hard fan to some of his other material. From a selfish point of view having seen Chris live many times and having heard most of the set list many times I would have loved a completley different set list. However I bet what I would love to hear live would be different from what Tina or lilybee or Mr Blues etc would want to hear in their set list so really there is no good outcome to suit die hard fans. A tour is a commercial product where you try to make the most revenue by playing what the general public would want to hear and that is what is happening. At the end of the day we all have a choice of whether to go or not. For me I will be in Glasgow in April to hear the master at work once again no matter what he plays and as someone pointed out earlier we should all just be thankfull he is fit and well enough to play!

P.S. Forgive the spelling please :lol:
User avatar
BLUEHOOD71
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues
 
Posts: 46
Joined: 05 Apr 2006, 22:40
Location: scotland

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby Mr_Blues » 02 Feb 2010, 12:29

BLUEHOOD71 wrote:The set list predicament is a very emotive issue. Looking at it objectivley you can see why Chris would play mostly hits with the odd number of other songs in to intoroduce the not so die hard fan to some of his other material. From a selfish point of view having seen Chris live many times and having heard most of the set list many times I would have loved a completley different set list. However I bet what I would love to hear live would be different from what Tina or lilybee or Mr Blues etc would want to hear in their set list so really there is no good outcome to suit die hard fans. A tour is a commercial product where you try to make the most revenue by playing what the general public would want to hear and that is what is happening. At the end of the day we all have a choice of whether to go or not. For me I will be in Glasgow in April to hear the master at work once again no matter what he plays and as someone pointed out earlier we should all just be thankfull he is fit and well enough to play!

P.S. Forgive the spelling please :lol:


You are wrong, there is good outcome when he changes more than one or two songs from the setlist,
it really doesn´t matter what songs he plays instead, just change the - setlist with about five or six songs and then we are talking !!
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted
 
Posts: 559
Joined: 09 Sep 2005, 19:04
Location: Finland

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby BLUEHOOD71 » 02 Feb 2010, 12:56

In your humble opinion!! Mr Blues
User avatar
BLUEHOOD71
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues
 
Posts: 46
Joined: 05 Apr 2006, 22:40
Location: scotland

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby elangelo » 02 Feb 2010, 13:57

and one thing I keep thinking about - isn't he bored himself of playing the same stuff over and over again?..
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
User avatar
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict
 
Posts: 390
Joined: 23 Jan 2006, 14:09
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby BlueMaranello » 02 Feb 2010, 13:58

Peace, people!
You're losing it...
Oh look out world, take a good look
What comes down here
User avatar
BlueMaranello
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 29 Jan 2010, 12:09
Location: Serbia

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby Mr_Blues » 02 Feb 2010, 14:04

elangelo wrote:and one thing I keep thinking about - isn't he bored himself of playing the same stuff over and over again?..


Yes, musically it doesn´t really give much to the musicians to be playing same songs over and over again.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted
 
Posts: 559
Joined: 09 Sep 2005, 19:04
Location: Finland

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby HiredGun » 02 Feb 2010, 14:41

hello,

Here you can find some pics from the Prague concert...

grtz

http://kultura.idnes.cz/ani-hitovy-konc ... 5_hudba_ob
"The eyes take on a certain gaze
And leave behind the springtime days
Go looking for the summer..."
HiredGun
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 09:16
Location: Sint-Truiden, Belgium

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby PAB » 02 Feb 2010, 15:05

Hou la la,

I'll be in Brussels in March, and Chris can sing what he wants. To see him on stage is my best reward. For the rest, I listen to his records.

:)
User avatar
PAB
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 01 Jan 2008, 22:41
Location: Belgium

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby HiredGun » 02 Feb 2010, 15:34

Hopefully he will do something special in Brussels since it is his birthday. Can't wait.....
"The eyes take on a certain gaze
And leave behind the springtime days
Go looking for the summer..."
HiredGun
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 09:16
Location: Sint-Truiden, Belgium

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Postby blueskev » 02 Feb 2010, 16:07

Mr_Blues wrote:So, your point over here is full of crap my friend.

Mr Blues,
Remember that everyone is entitled to express their opinions and if you disagree, then that is your opinion but please do not tell people that their view is "full of crap". This forum is supposed to be a place for fans to meet and have good natured discussions about their common interest, not a place to have an argument.

I know for a fact that this type of thing is spoiling the forum for others who, unlike you, are able to accept that someone has a view different to theirs.

Please respect other users of the forum and accept that they might have different opinions to you but this doesn't mean they are wrong.

Regards,
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
User avatar
blueskev
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 166
Joined: 16 Sep 2005, 21:35
Location: Kent England

PreviousNext

Return to Frontpage English

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




Go to top


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group















cron