The man The voice The guitar

News about the upcoming tour

Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Post by Mr_Blues »

Bart wrote:Well, perhaps because I have also a life other then working on the site 24/7
You know, short reply shouldn´t take 24/7 presence around the computer.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Mr_Blues wrote:BART, WHY DON`T YOU REPLY ANYTHING WHEN A GUESTION IS ASKED OVER HERE????
Hey Mr Blues,
How about cutting Bart some slack :-) he puts a lot of time and money into this site so we can enjoy it. Imagine a life without chrisrea.nl, I for sure would not have met some really nice people (you know who you are) :-) and would not know what chris is up to.

Merry Christmas to all,
Regards,
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

100 % agree w/Kev !
THanks for all your efforts Bart !
I hope you and Sheba have a great vacation and a very Merry Christmas!
We'll watch things while you're gone
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

No need to get sensitive over here with this. All I replied was that it doesn´t take 24/7 to reply quickly to some guestion, also think that subject was rather urgent (being interesting news and about what we have been wondering all autumn), that´s why needed to ask about it few times as reply took time (on which Bart has good reason, not guestion about that). Just wanted to get more info as Bart has some info and what I can understand Bart was talking about all new songs and I understand it the way that it means new songs from next album which is coming out next year. So, wanted to really ask was that what Bart was talking about or have I misunderstood his words. Thanks Bart and Merry Christmas.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
familychild
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by familychild »

guys....have a merry christmas everyone....relax, calm down and just enjoy the time....
take care -
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Hello my friends...

Please lets don't make a problem out of it (perhaps my reaction was a bit sensitive as well :? , sorry!)... I have given all the info I have about the upcomming tour. I have some background info I am puttin on after Christmas, but that has nothing to do with the tracklist of the tour. I don't think I will get any more info about the tracklist then what I already published above, and if I do have more info that I am allowed to publish then you'll be the first to know!

We have arrived at my parents house in Maastricht to celebrate Christmas and will be leaving for church in a few hours, so all that rests me is to whish you all a very merry Christmas (and of course I'll be back in time to whish you all the best for the new year ;-) ). All the best!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Hi, Happy New Year to everyone !! The thread makes interesting reading, a friend of mine is buying our tickets (he was meant to have already) so a new set list would make it really enjoyable. The one song I would want to remain is Winter song, and I would like Ace of Hearts adding !
could this be true, could this be me..
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

"Working on it" would be great....
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Hello;

Yes, I agree; especially Ace of hearts would be one of my favourites to be played live! Working on it is also a great song, but I know loads of songs I would rather hear live... Last song mentioned winter song; I have never really liked that song, and therefore I won't miss it when not played... but of course everybody has his own wishes... I would love to hear e.g. "seabird" or "winning" or "’Til I find my true love’s name", "Auberge", "Twisted wheel", "Last drink", ... need I go on?? :D :lol: :D :lol:
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

Hi Bart,

oh jeah: " Auberge" is a must have song for the upcoming tour.

Loved that song on the " naked Truth tour in 1991".

Lets hope for it.
tz5632
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by tz5632 »

Hi all,

I would love to hear IT'S ALL GONE - I like the live version of the Dancing shoes Bootleg and the live version from 1988 Rock am Ring (Radio broadcast - very recommendable!!!). Other songs I'd like to hear are: Bombollini, Seabird, Set me free, All summer long.

Auberge - I think that this song only worked with the brass section during the Naked Truth Tour. The following tour it just felt something was missing...

I just bought my tickets for the Dusseldorf concert - and all that was left were tickets at the end of the hall. Ok, just too late :)

All the best
Tobi
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

Hi tz,

IT'S ALL GONE - I like the live version of the Dancing shoes Bootleg

That must be from the road to hell Tour 1990.

Great version- heard it last week...
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Hi all,

my humble wishes:

SEABIRD (the original version with acoustic guitars!)
ACE OF HEARTS (the version played until 1987 - not the slow '88 one)
WINNING
WIRED TO THE MOON, I CAN'T DANCE TO THAT, GONNA BUY A HAT & WINDY TOWN (like he played during the '87 tour with Jerry Donahue on guitar!)
WORKING ON IT
TEXAS
SET ME FREE

Did you notice he changed the chords in ON THE BEACH a few years ago? I like the old progression better. And I'd love to hear a faster version of JOSEPHINE like he played until 1991.

Cheers,
Tobi
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Hi Folks,
So many to choose from, it would be great to hear "Nothing To Fear" played live again "Soft Top" is great live but then so are most of Chris's songs :-) I agree about "working on it" as well.

There are a few that I don't want to hear, Josephine, Julia, On the Beach etc, but then the biggest cheer at concerts always seems to be for those songs, perhaps thats what a lot of people want?

If you could jump in a time machine and go to a gig on any tour, what would it be? For me it would have to be Stony Road :-)

Regards,
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
blueskev wrote:If you could jump in a time machine and go to a gig on any tour, what would it be? For me it would have to be Stony Road
Hi Kev,
Fom it would be Stony Road or back to Chris's 1st Dublin concert in 1982.I would pay better attention this time round :) :)
Tina :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.